Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I haven't ignored anyone in a LONG time - but coachZILLA13 is now on iggy.
    your weird. i saw your posts lambasting my condo peeps on the stageboach board.

waddup wit dat?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

I'm also in for the safari pass if we split it. willing to shell $1000......fully qualify for a geezerpass soon, haha

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    I really don't see why someone would offer to get someone in on their Safari package. I mean, if someone backed out, I could see wanting to take less of a loss, but just offering to let someone get an extra pass for say $1500 seems idiotic. Why would you want MORE people to have the same passes as you for the small stage area. Personally, if I was getting those passes I would want as few people to have them as possible so there would be less people in the premium viewing areas.
    The premium areas are pretty open. Not crowded at all. Besides, if I'm not at the Do Lab I tend to hang out in the very tent that gets castigated on a regular basis here: Sahara. So I doubt I'd be breathing your air.
    Last edited by coachZILLA13; 05-29-2013 at 07:19 PM. Reason: I used lambasted and then realized someone else did too two posts up...
    Sets for Chella '14:
    Martin Garrix; The Cult; Gareth Emery; Muse; Skrillex; Pet Shop Boys; MGMT; Fatboy Slim; Kid Cudi; TJR; Calvin Harris; Alesso; Duck Sauce; Capital Cities

Music Events '14:
    January - Groove Cruise Miami
    April - Coachella Weekend 1
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega
    October - Groove Cruise L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by coachZILLA13 View Post
    The premium areas are pretty open. Not crowded at all. Besides, if I'm not at the Do Lab I tend to hang out in the very tent that gets castigated on a regular basis here: Sahara. So I doubt I'd be breathing your air.
    I am not sure which weekend you went to, but wk 1, the 'premium area' for many of the stages were packed after the sun went down...

Sahara wasn't bad at all in 2012 and the Main Stage for 2012 was iffy. Then again, VIP was getting into the area right in front of the stage that year as well as Guest / Artist / Safari, so it added to the body count. But sidestage and artist compound wasn't crowded at all.
    Sets for Chella '14:
    Martin Garrix; The Cult; Gareth Emery; Muse; Skrillex; Pet Shop Boys; MGMT; Fatboy Slim; Kid Cudi; TJR; Calvin Harris; Alesso; Duck Sauce; Capital Cities

Music Events '14:
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega

Damn, if somebody is offering $1000 for an extra Safari Pass that doesn't include staying there, hit me up cause I am definitely interested as well.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

What? I have a neck strain, from getting my hair dyed & shampooed so much. I have physical therapy next week. SORE.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    What? I have a neck strain, from getting my hair dyed & shampooed so much. I have physical therapy next week. SORE.
    Wow quit doing that to yourself! I have so many friends who dye/highlight/perm/etc etc their hair and it just destroys what they have. I'm not a fan. Or do you have to do it as part of your career?
    Sets for Chella '14:

Music Events '14:
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega

Oh my god I totally posted that in the wrong thread. *forehead smack*
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    Damn, if somebody is offering $1000 for an extra Safari Pass that doesn't include staying there, hit me up cause I am definitely interested as well.
    I think the people that offered that price wanted beer money- and I suspect whoever bailed on the ticket had to repay them. If I was to offer this to someone it would be an even split so my costs come down. If you have 2 people it's 3250 apiece, but if you have 3 with a total price of $8K it becomes $2666.00 apiece. 4 people = $2375.00. This would be the only incentive for offering it to someone that just wanted the guest pass and had no other means of obtaining it.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I think the people that offered that price wanted beer money- and I suspect whoever bailed on the ticket had to repay them. If I was to offer this to someone it would be an even split so my costs come down. If you have 2 people it's 3250 apiece, but if you have 3 with a total price of $8K it becomes $2666.00 apiece. 4 people = $2375.00. This would be the only incentive for offering it to someone that just wanted the guest pass and had no other means of obtaining it.
    She wasn't looking to bring her entire costs down, money wasn't that big a concern. She's gone to chella several years, last year she bought the setup for herself and some family members, one of which couldn't go at the last minute. So anything she got was a plus. She just wanted to make sure the person who bought the pass honestly wasn't going to stay in their tent or, if need be, it would be someone trustworthy.
    Sets for Chella '14:

Music Events '14:
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega

She wasn't looking to bring her entire costs down, money wasn't that big a concern. She's gone to chella several years, last year she bought the setup for herself and some family members, one of which couldn't go at the last minute. So anything she got was a plus. She just wanted to make sure the person who bought the pass honestly wasn't going to stay in their tent or, if need be, it would be someone trustworthy.
    The person that backed out had likely already paid their share, and they had an extra wristband they could sell and make extra money on. I would do the same thing. But why would I let someone buy into my Safari for only 1000 or even 1500 bucks when it ups my share of the cost? I wouldn't pay more for my share on my tent so that a stranger could get a guest pass. Even if they didn't stay in the tent.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

I completely agree with you, that's why I said I'd be interested in a heartbeat, cuz that's a smokin deal, and one that i doubt the OP will be able to find again.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

The person that backed out had likely already paid their share, and they had an extra wristband they could sell and make extra money on. I would do the same thing. But why would I let someone buy into my Safari for only 1000 or even 1500 bucks when it ups my share of the cost? I wouldn't pay more for my share on my tent so that a stranger could get a guest pass. Even if they didn't stay in the tent.
    I'm going to say this one more time: the lady that I bought it from got NOTHING back from ANYONE, she purchased the setup for her family and one of the kids couldn't go. I guarantee she did not get $1500 out of her family member (unless they were contracted to do her dishes for all of eternity).

Shocking as it may seem, sometimes people do things just to be nice.

I provide all the tents, showers, and other equipment for our group and don't charge a dime. I just want people to have a great time.
    Sets for Chella '14:

Music Events '14:
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega

Not sure where you've been my whole life but I do the exact same thing every year

I ALWAYS share my condo space and beers

Guess we are few who are surprisingly nice

Well this thread was started so the OP could BUY into a tent from the start. It's not to try and help out someone who has lost money because someone in their party bailed and they need to recoup the cost. If she wants to pay only 1500 dollars it will actually cost the tent purchaser an extra 500 to 1000 dollars minimum just to include her. I'm all for sharing and being nice but that just doesn't make sense, sorry.

I see. So the safari pass gets you in with the artists. Hmmm. $1000 seems like a good deal, considering VIP is near that price.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by Godspeed View Post
    I see. So the safari pass gets you in with the artists. Hmmm. $1000 seems like a good deal, considering VIP is near that price.
    It would be a good deal considering they'd be selling at a loss for that price.

It would be a good deal considering they'd be selling at a loss for that price.
    True dat. How much is the safari package in total? I've never even considered doing that, since, well, I don't care to meet most artists.

True dat. How much is the safari package in total? I've never even considered doing that, since, well, I don't care to meet most artists.
    6500 for two people and 1500 each for up to 2 additional guests - 4 people split it for about 2300-2400 bucks apiece assuming everyone pays equally.
    Last edited by ThatGirl; 05-31-2013 at 12:55 PM.

6500 for two people and 1500 each for up to 2 addtional guests - 4 people split it for about 2300-2400 bucks apiece assuming everyone pays equally.
    I can't even believe that it's worth it. I stay at a resort close by for a fraction of the cost. I mean, come on. What on earth would make it worth the cost? I understand if you just have gobs of money and can spend it, but shit.

I can't even believe that it's worth it. I stay at a resort close by for a fraction of the cost. I mean, come on. What on earth would make it worth the cost? I understand if you just have gobs of money and can spend it, but shit.
    Honestly the convenience alone makes it great. You can get a golf cart ride to your tent to change or grab something, where they wait for you, and get taken back to a stage in around 10 minutes, with special viewing at every stage. You don't have to haul all your stuff everywhere. You get free food morning and night and bottled water, pop, energy drinks, whatever you like. You can go in the artists trailer area and relax and get free water or snacks and sometimes meet the acts. There is a lounge tent and a pool at Safari world too. Along with no line access to flushing toilets, showers. The tent is furnished with two queen sized beds, AC and a mini fridge. Granted it is not as comfortable as a hotel, but you don't have to worry about shuttling in and out. It's very convenient.

Honestly the convenience alone makes it great. You can get a golf cart ride to your tent to change or grab something, where they wait for you, and get taken back to a stage in around 10 minutes, with special viewing at every stage. You don't have to haul all your stuff everywhere. You get free food morning and night and bottled water, pop, energy drinks, whatever you like. You can go in the artists trailer area and relax and get free water or snacks and sometimes meet the acts. There is a lounge tent and a pool at Safari world too. Along with no line access to flushing toilets, showers. The tent is furnished with two queen sized beds, AC and a mini fridge. Granted it is not as comfortable as a hotel, but you don't have to worry about shuttling in and out. It's very convenient.
    Different strokes.

Sounds like it could be fun though!

It IS fun, and if someone is going to pay for themselves and someone else to stay for the price they are paying regardless, I'm offering to pay the $1500 (or less if I get lucky again) just to add on to their package.

They get it, or they don't.
    Sets for Chella '14:

Music Events '14:
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega

Well this thread was started so the OP could BUY into a tent from the start. It's not to try and help out someone who has lost money because someone in their party bailed and they need to recoup the cost. If she wants to pay only 1500 dollars it will actually cost the tent purchaser an extra 500 to 1000 dollars minimum just to include her. I'm all for sharing and being nice but that just doesn't make sense, sorry.
    With your math, you are saying it costs the original purchaser $2000 - $2500 to add one person to their package; it doesn't, it costs $1500 for the original purchaser to add one person to their package once they've paid for the first two spots, and that is what I'm willing to pay.
    Sets for Chella '14:

Music Events '14:
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega

Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    Not sure where you've been my whole life but I do the exact same thing every year

I ALWAYS share my condo space and beers

Guess we are few who are surprisingly nice
    Right?! We make hot breakfasts each morning and a hot dinner first (Thursday) night. We have tons of snacks and drinks, and people who wander by camp and ask to come check it out usually don't leave empty-handed. It's a good vibe in our camp and sounds like it is in yours, too!!
    Sets for Chella '14:

Music Events '14:
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega

With your math, you are saying it costs the original purchaser $2000 - $2500 to add one person to their package; it doesn't, it costs $1500 for the original purchaser to add one person to their package once they've paid for the first two spots, and that is what I'm willing to pay.
    Well, I hope you find some nice folks that are willing to pay full price for themselves in order to subsidize your pass.

LOL there are plenty of people who are paying full price, in fact....everyone who buys the package pays full price. I just want to pay $1500 for the pass and I have zero guilt for that because I am not staying in their tent and that is the price of the ticket even WITH the option of staying in their tent.

So as to not confuse anyone, I will pay to add on to a safari tent package, I will NOT stay with you in your tent (trust me I have a sweet setup of my own), I just want the wristband so I don't have to fight the crowds. Did it before, will do it again.
    Sets for Chella '14:

Music Events '14:
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega

why would anyone let you come in for 1500 add on? especially since you don't know these people..i'd at least ask for 500 on top which is more than fair
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

So, not being snarky, but why would you want to be in a VIP area for the Sahara? I mean, isn't the production in that tent generally best enjoyed from somewhere in the middle or even further back, where you can fully take in the lasers and lights as well as whatever minimal stage production most acts bring along?

And now, being snarky, who the fuck pays this amount of money to go to Coachella? Why not just have whatever acts you want to see plug their laptop in and then mindlessly stare at the ravers play your birthday party if you've got that amount of discretionary cash to throw around?
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****