Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

Hybrid View

Cool 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

Hi! This will be my fourth Coachella and I'm again looking to buy into your Safari package. I WILL NOT CAMP WITH YOU, I have other accommodations. Please let me know if you are willing to let me buy in.

Thanks!
    Happy Chella!
    Sets for Chella '14:
    Martin Garrix; The Cult; Gareth Emery; Muse; Skrillex; Pet Shop Boys; MGMT; Fatboy Slim; Kid Cudi; TJR; Calvin Harris; Alesso; Duck Sauce; Capital Cities

Music Events '14:
    January - Groove Cruise Miami
    April - Coachella Weekend 1
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega
    October - Groove Cruise L.A.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

that makes absolutely no sense.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Default Re: 3x Chella Vet Seeking to buy into Safari - PASS ONLY I am sleeping elsewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    It's actually a pretty good idea; you get guest passes with the Safari package. So she's basically trying to buy a guest pass.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    It's actually a pretty good idea; you get guest passes with the Safari package. So she's basically trying to buy a guest pass.
    Exaaaactly! Done it before, doing it again
    Sets for Chella '14:
    Martin Garrix; The Cult; Gareth Emery; Muse; Skrillex; Pet Shop Boys; MGMT; Fatboy Slim; Kid Cudi; TJR; Calvin Harris; Alesso; Duck Sauce; Capital Cities

Music Events '14:
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega

Quote Originally Posted by coachZILLA13 View Post
    Exaaaactly! Done it before, doing it again
    How much did you have to throw down in the past, for just the wristband?
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    $1000.

Worth it, too, for all the access, fast entry, onsite shuttles, showers, etc
    Sets for Chella '14:

Music Events '14:
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega

I TOTALLY wish there was a guest pass for purchase...between VIP and Safari. For access purposes.

In honor of the haters, it could be called "Kiss My Pass"

Sets for Chella '14:

Music Events '14:
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega

Makes perfect sense... What are you talking about. I'd love to do this.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Makes perfect sense... What are you talking about. I'd love to do this.
    I thought Safari just got you the tent and a ViP pass. I didn't realize it was a guest pass.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

I thought Safari just got you the tent and a ViP pass. I didn't realize it was a guest pass.
    Yeah, it's a guest pass of sorts. It still indicates S for safari, but you have guest access. The VIP pass is overpriced GA in my opinion, since this year VIP wasn't allowed up front. I'm only 5'2" and I don't like staring at other people's shoulder blades and breathing their BO whilst getting elbowed in the face, so the guest pass access is way better for me at least!

Don't get me wrong, I've done my time elbowing my way to the front of plenty of shows, but that was 25 years ago and I'd just rather not have to do that anymore.
    Sets for Chella '14:

Music Events '14:
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega

This is totally genius.

Edit: Although, at the following pricing structure, I'm surprised she was able to get someone to agree to $1000. Was the pricing different last year?

Safari Tent for 2 people $6500
    $1500 for each additional person staying in your tent for up to two additional guests
    Last edited by Courtney; 05-24-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    This is totally genius.

Edit: Although, at the following pricing structure, I'm surprised she was able to get someone to agree to $1000. Was the pricing different last year?
    They purchased safari for a group of six (in 2012, you could bring six people) and one backed out, so instead of them taking a $1500 loss they took a $500 loss since I wasn't staying with them
    Sets for Chella '14:

Music Events '14:
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega

Oh, well there you go. It officially costs $1500.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

What exactly are the advantages of a guest pass in comparison to a VIP pass? Where exactly
    can you go that you can't go with a VIP pass?

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    $1000.

Worth it, too, for all the access, fast entry, onsite shuttles, showers, etc
    Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post
    What exactly are the advantages of a guest pass in comparison to a VIP pass? Where exactly
    Probably doesn't matter...Proud Hummer H1 owner. They can go anywhere.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post
    VIP doesn't get you much anymore. Basically just the two 'vip areas' beside the main stage and Sahara. Guest gets you into viewing areas right in front of the stage, the areas adjacent to the stages (backstage/side stage), Artist Compound, rides in the carts on the grounds (although I prefer walking), some expedited entry, and the two vip areas I mentioned already. I like it.
    Sets for Chella '14:

Music Events '14:
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega

Well this thread was started so the OP could BUY into a tent from the start. It's not to try and help out someone who has lost money because someone in their party bailed and they need to recoup the cost. If she wants to pay only 1500 dollars it will actually cost the tent purchaser an extra 500 to 1000 dollars minimum just to include her. I'm all for sharing and being nice but that just doesn't make sense, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Well this thread was started so the OP could BUY into a tent from the start. It's not to try and help out someone who has lost money because someone in their party bailed and they need to recoup the cost. If she wants to pay only 1500 dollars it will actually cost the tent purchaser an extra 500 to 1000 dollars minimum just to include her. I'm all for sharing and being nice but that just doesn't make sense, sorry.
    With your math, you are saying it costs the original purchaser $2000 - $2500 to add one person to their package; it doesn't, it costs $1500 for the original purchaser to add one person to their package once they've paid for the first two spots, and that is what I'm willing to pay.
    Sets for Chella '14:

Music Events '14:
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega

With your math, you are saying it costs the original purchaser $2000 - $2500 to add one person to their package; it doesn't, it costs $1500 for the original purchaser to add one person to their package once they've paid for the first two spots, and that is what I'm willing to pay.
    Well, I hope you find some nice folks that are willing to pay full price for themselves in order to subsidize your pass.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

coachzilla13, you and your posts are annoying. Take your hummer & bank account and shove it up your butt crack.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Yeah, coachZILLA13, go back to your spiderhole in Snobbsdale, Arizona.

I have a magical Geezerpass, and I'm not telling what secrets of the universe are lavished upon me, as a result.
    For all intensive porpoises presale finally sold out

Quote Originally Posted by HAIRYGOOMBA View Post

I have a magical Geezerpass, and I'm not telling what secrets of the universe are lavished upon me, as a result.
    I have a semi-geezer pass: It's called ADA... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

We should pool our resources,cr****.

Quote Originally Posted by HAIRYGOOMBA View Post

I think I qualify for a Geezerpass in a few years...
    Sets for Chella '14:

Music Events '14:
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega

I think I qualify for a Geezerpass in a few years...
    Nope. I am more special than anyone-and entitled to whatever the hell I want.
    We geezers have standards.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    coachzilla13, you and your posts are annoying. Take your hummer & bank account and shove it up your butt crack.
    I think GPS is flirting with me....
    Sets for Chella '14:

Music Events '14:
    June - EDC Vegas
    September - Omega

I like this lady.

I like this lady.
    Haha don't let this become your post MBA life.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

I like this lady.
    Really?

I've done Safari twice - if my friends and I do it again in 2014 we can discuss a split, if you just want the pass and not the accomodations.