Thread: How long is the pre-sale?

Default How long is the pre-sale?

How long does pre-sale usually last until the tickets are sold out?

I've heard everything from an hour, to a day, to a week.

I have work during pre-sale and won't go on break until an hour after the pre-sale starts.

Thanks

I'm an out-of-state newbie! Be kind lol

Default Re: How long is the pre-sale?

An hour tops for regular GA.

The El Dorado Tents will last a few days...but are also much much more expensive.
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

Camping - a few minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Wrong and Wrong...

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

One week
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

I successfully bought a wristband earlier today!

Thanks

Too excited!

Looks like passes are still available for both weekends. Has the hype of advanced sales come to an end? Think is is due to the "lack luster" line-up? (note: i liked the line up this year)

Anyone remember how long the pre-sale for Coachella 2012 that took place in 2011 lasted? Didn't it last a week or so? Last year's pre-sale may have just been an aberration due to a confluence of events that people have already touched on such as having strong headliners the year before (including Tupac hologram) and a shit-ton of mainstream cheese dance music. Weak headliners this year, scalpers not willing to pull the trigger, and the possibility that all 180,000 passes are currently up for grabs all potentially lead to a longer pre-sale sell out this year.

2012 presale lasted for a week and did not sell out before the week was up iirc. Tent Camping probably exhausted its supply, though. Which is the only thing that's currently sold out for Wknd 1.
    Last edited by microcuts; 05-24-2013 at 03:34 PM.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    Anyone remember how long the pre-sale for Coachella 2012 that took place in 2011 lasted? Didn't it last a week or so? Last year's pre-sale may have just been an aberration due to a confluence of events that people have already touched on such as having strong headliners the year before (including Tupac hologram) and a shit-ton of mainstream cheese dance music. Weak headliners this year, scalpers not willing to pull the trigger, and the possibility that all 180,000 passes are currently up for grabs all potentially lead to a longer pre-sale sell out this year.
    I looked at pre-sale and then bought tickets 5 days later - a half hour before it ended! Wasn't sure how this year was gonna go but I was there on the dot and thankful for an easy purchase for 2014
    Last edited by lovegeorgie; 06-12-2013 at 05:57 AM.

All I have to say is that all 14 in our group were able to get tickets in the first 20 minutes. Either Frontgate has stepped up their servers, or there is way less demand for presale this year. Let's be real, it's the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    All I have to say is that all 14 in our group were able to get tickets in the first 20 minutes. Either Frontgate has stepped up their servers, or there is way less demand for presale this year. Let's be real, it's the latter.
    Disagree - I'm sure less excitement this year is part of the equation, but think the additional registration measures and purchasing limits by Credit card/email are significantly thwarting the scalpers this year...who I get the sense bought a huge portion of last year's presale tickets.

Couple that with factor that several scalpers took a bath on weekend two tickets, and I think that's the number one reason tickets still available.

No matter, it will still sell out in the end.
    The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Outkast - The Knife - Dum Dum Girls - Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Broken Bells - Haim - Neko Case - Jagwar Ma - Goat - Waxahatchee

Queens Of The Stone Age - Pet Shop Boys - Chvrches - Mogwai - Warpaint - Washed Out - Future Islands - Ty Seagall - Darkside - Foxygen

Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Superchunk - Arcade Fire - Bombino - Daughter - Surfer Blood

There have been significant technological upgrades and advances over the past year and there will be even more come next year. The goal is always to try to improve the handling and income of volume/traffic for simultaneous requests for purchases to the ticketing portal.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

I'm curious if they put up more tickets this year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    There have been significant technological upgrades and advances over the past year and there will be even more come next year. The goal is always to try to improve the handling and income of volume/traffic for simultaneous requests for purchases to the ticketing portal.
    'Like'.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    I wish Comic-Con would do whatever the hell it is you guys are doing! Their ticketing system just seems to get worse every year!

old school

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniQ View Post
    Disagree - I'm sure less excitement this year is part of the equation, but think the additional registration measures and purchasing limits by Credit card/email are significantly thwarting the scalpers this year...who I get the sense bought a huge portion of last year's presale tickets.

Couple that with factor that several scalpers took a bath on weekend two tickets, and I think that's the number one reason tickets still available.

No matter, it will still sell out in the end.
    No more than a 2-3,000 passes turn up anywhere online each year. Only several dozen seem to go for any kind of notable premium("panic purchase"). Out of 180,000 passes.

If scalpers were confident they could double/triple they money they would have no problem getting 40-50 passes each by signing up extended family, neighbours addresses to dummy CC accounts and email addresses.