Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Layaway to Begin Next Week?

Default Re: Layaway to Begin Next Week?

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    They are definitely doing fine. They are skewing towards a certain demographic, more and more so, and I think that's largely a result of the choices they make. But as long as the #1 priority is selling tickets and making money (which it is) then yes they are doing a-okay. In terms of long-term viability, I do think that trending towards bros and whatnot is dangerous because it's a demographic that is more prone to switching and less loyal from a return customer standpoint. But that's a much bigger question.
    You have a point about who they are trending towards, but you must realize that the biggest reason the festival appears to be trending toward a certain demographic has do do with the lineup and not how they sell tickets or make announcements about selling tickets (save for this year's lineup, which was less geared toward the popular bro demographic and more geared toward the music fan one...save for RHCP, which is clearly all bro.)
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Anyone else just get the email announcing they just made an announcement?
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by gmoneyak View Post
    Cranky Mondays..
    I'm sick as shit and it's the biggest event of the year at work, so I'll be here until 10. Cranky doesn't even begin to describe it.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    You have a point about who they are trending towards, but you must realize that the biggest reason the festival appears to be trending toward a certain demographic has do do with the lineup and not how they sell tickets or make announcements about selling tickets (save for this year's lineup, which was less geared toward the popular bro demographic and more geared toward the music fan one...save for RHCP, which is clearly all bro.)
    I agree the lineup is probably the biggest factor. But I do think that all customer touch-points play some small role.

Im most excited that the pre-sale goes on during Sasquatch.

Quote Originally Posted by gam3g3ni3 View Post
    Im most excited that the pre-sale goes on during Sasquatch.
    Should have done it during weenie roast
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Not if you actually want to do it right. Look at the series of short films Daft Punk's promotional company developed for Random Access Memories (The Collaborators, or whatever they were called). They serve to create build hype, but ALSO provide a value added. That's a significantly better way to do develop buzz IMO than a vague photo/date with nothing else.
    Did Coachella sell out both their weekends? If you answer yes, then Goldenvoice did their job in regards to promoting/advertising/marketing.

If it aint broke, dont ask courtney to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Did Coachella sell out both their weekends? If you answer yes, then Goldenvoice did their job in regards to promoting/advertising/marketing.

If it aint broke, dont ask courtney to fix it.
    Suprefan, I know your reading comprehension is only at 20%, but please do read the rest of the discussion in which I note that it's a problem in terms of long-term strategy and positioning, not necessarily ticket sales for this year or the next.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    It pretty much sells out before the lineup. Payment plan brings in a whole new demographic. It has really changed Coachella in a huge way. I wish they would get rid of it.

What/who are they trending towards exactly? If memory serves me right, 2013's lineup was "trending towards" 30 something year olds who love Brit Pop and RHCP? In 2012 they brought in all the shitty dj's and look what happened, shitty DJ music was huge for about a year. This year they brought in a mostly stunner DJ lineup, and if you ask me it seems like better DJ's are now getting more recognized and the scene is turning away from dubstep and shitty bangers (maybe I am wrong or just not paying attention to the shit) and focusing more on House and Techno. They aren't trending towards anything. If anything, they are setting the trend.

And who in 2013's lineup seemed like they were just trying to get people's money with?
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

So whats this going to cost me for the first payment on 2 tickets and a camping pass?

NM didnt see the more info button , doh!
    Last edited by NachoCat; 05-20-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

$69.80x2 + $17 if prices are the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Pee Tee
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by _The_ View Post
    It pretty much sells out before the lineup. Payment plan brings in a whole new demographic. It has really changed Coachella in a huge way. I wish they would get rid of it.
    W2 tickets mostly sold after the lineup both years. Though I think W2's will have a more anticipation in 2014 than 2012 and 2013.

Otherwise i strongly agree with the above post. Last minute attendees or those with "short-sighted" financial planning are put out by the ticket buying methods - and the headaches of finding a place to stay. I'm not wild about having to mentality commit 10 months in advance, with or without the slight possibility of having another buy up my passes at full value.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    For the short-sighted, the answer is yes.

Peeling back a layer you see that over priced hotel packages never sold out 2 years in a row(GV is in the indio travel package business 8 figures deep), resale market had coachella passes routinely sell for nearly half face value and Stage Coach was short 10,000 people. Not a reason for concern, but I hope they are keeping cockiness in check.

I'm curious if 2013 was simply an off year for headliners and the RV rules messed up SC or some luster has rubbed off all 3 weekends. My future optimism for Coachella is less after 2013 than it was in 2012 because of several decisions made by GV.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    $69.80x2 + $17 if prices are the same.
    is that for just GA tickets? or does this include camping passes??

JK, just read more above.
    Last edited by bettycarolyn; 05-21-2013 at 06:06 AM.

Early presale is really about beating all the other festivals to the punch, nothing more.

I'm going to be honest... I'm not sure if I am supposed to be waiting at 10:00 and refreshing

here: http://coachella-weekend1.frontgatetickets.com/

or

here: http://www.coachella.com/

coachella links front gate. the onsale turns on at 10am.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer