Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Early Birds - Who Were Your Favorite Pre 3pm performers of the 2013 Festival

Default Re: Early Birds - Who Were Your Favorite Pre 3pm performers of the 2013 Festival

Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra was a fucking blast. I really didn't expect the crowd to go off like that.

Default Re: Early Birds - Who Were Your Favorite Pre 3pm performers of the 2013 Festival

saw some good stuff early in the day: beardyman, youth lagoon and diiv. i like getting there early, nice to just walk around and hang out when it's less crowded.

The neighborhood, youth lagoon, raider klan, bauuer

I can't believe I missed Tokyo Ska and Wild Belle because they played so damn early.

They were my two favorite finds when the lineup came out in 2013
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Ghost was my favorite before 3 for sure. My brother almost made me miss them because he couldn't get ready by 11 for the shuttles. Lazy turd.

Tokyo Ska and IO Echo were good too.
    2/21 - Skinny Puppy
    5/23-25 - Summer Camp
    7/18-20 - Pitchfork Music Festival
    8/1-3 - Lollapalooza

Lurker

H U O R A T R O N

*2010_2011_2012_2013_2014*

Quote Originally Posted by orangejulius View Post
    Ghost was my favorite before 3 for sure.
    That Ghost performance was the shit. Some of my camping crew claim they brought the dust storm last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

My favorite early sets:
    Tokyo ska
    and
    vintage trouble kicked ass both tied for my fav early bands. I went to see VT at the El Rey months later and they were as great as I remembered!!

Reign Wolf, although I was drinking with some aussies during most of the set haha I loved what I heard
    Shouting Matches!! anyone else see this set ?
    Shovels and Rope
    Airborne Toxic
    Hanni El Kahtib
    Jake Bugg

Can't wait for this year to see someone I've never heard of! IMO, thats why Coachella is worth every penny, GV always finds new talent, new to me anyway

Definitely Savages!
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    Definitely Savages!
    Absolutely no contest. They were awesome

Robert Delong!

Wild Nothing was awesome.

Allen Stone
    Kids These Days - came out after and met fans/took pictures, super dope group. I suggest you check them out.
    The Wombats
    C2C
    Coachellin' 2012 2013 2014

Smith Westerns and the snail.

Lurker

Skinny Lister- fucking amazing put on one of the best shows
    Lord Huron- seen them twice since Coachella and they keep getting better
    Mona- all time favorite
    Deap Vally
    The Three O'clock

Doesn't matter, Sheepdogs in at noon '12.
    THIS IS SOME REAL SHIT.

wild nothing was the best for me, and easily one of my favorite sets of the weekend.

Deap Vally was a highlight for me. They filled the Mojave with their sound even if there were less than a hundred people in the tent.

Deap Vally
    Kids These Days
    C2C
    IO Echo
    "I hate you. I hate you. I don’t even know you, and I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you and nobody else but you." -Silky Johnston

Reignwolf - hands down - Will be as famous as Jack White some day soon. Plays as well as Hendrix did
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

White Arrows, Dam-Funk, Theophilus London, Action Bronson. Dam and Theophilus on the main and I had never listened to white Arrows before but my Girlfriend had to go to the bathroom right as they started and we ended up staying the whole set

Quote Originally Posted by pelon7724 View Post
    Wild Nothing was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by FairMonroe View Post
    wild nothing was the best for me, and easily one of my favorite sets of the weekend.
    Wild Nothing is just plain great. Can't believe he's/they're not bigger - the last EP/Album was near perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

1. White Arrows
    2. Wild Belle

Wish I could have caught Little Green Cars and Savages, oh well

Robert DeLong, 3ball MTY

It might have been the Neighborhood or Youth Lagoon if we had not been kept in line for hours outside for no apparent reason! so it will have to go to Shovels and Rope on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by FairMonroe View Post
    1. Wild Nothing
    2. Lord Huron
    3. Savages
    4. Little Green Cars
    5. Ghost B.C.
    I arrived in America's airport with clothings, US dollars, and a jar of gypsy tears to protect me from AIDS.

Old, always go early (not camping so not, you know, partying till 4am and sleeping till noon). Coachella every year since ’09 (sorry I missed earlier years).
    2013 favorite early acts (somewhat ranked, DIIV definitely no. 1):

1. DIIV
    2. Savages (kick ass)
    3. Reignwolf (also pretty damn kickass)
    4. Wild Nothing (some dis dream pop, but I love good dream pop)
    5. Cloud Nothings
    6. Little Green Cars (music was just ok, but there’s something about the Irish being able to sing beautifully)

Youth Lagoon was fucking great
    i really liked DIIV as well

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

Cliffy Biro
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

Lord Huron, Youth Lagoon, DIIV, Little Green Cars, Guards, Shovels and Rope, Savages, Cloud Nothings, and the four minutes of Smith Westerns I saaaaawwww. Last years undercard was amazing.