Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electric Zoo 2013

Default Re: Electric Zoo 2013

russefeiring

So ecstasy is gone..its now the drug "molly" or so the media says. Whats unfortunate is that pure MDMA is getting a bad rap. Dealers sell to make money..I cant tell you how many times my friends and I took random pills not knowing what was in it..these were the early days of ecstasy making a comeback in the USA (2007-10). I remember seeing people take like 8 pills in one night cuz the pills were weak and had some adulterant or what ever. None of my friends ever died or "OD" from taking these very high mixtures of adulterants/mdma.

It is very sad anytime someone dies while having a good time. We never get to hear about how many pills they took/did they eat that day/pre existing med condition. I was shocked to see the cancellation of Electric Zoo...people need to learn about their drugs before ingesting them

Paul is dead

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainst View Post
    So ecstasy is gone..its now the drug "molly" or so the media says. Whats unfortunate is that pure MDMA is getting a bad rap. Dealers sell to make money..I cant tell you how many times my friends and I took random pills not knowing what was in it..these were the early days of ecstasy making a comeback in the USA (2007-10). I remember seeing people take like 8 pills in one night cuz the pills were weak and had some adulterant or what ever. None of my friends ever died or "OD" from taking these very high mixtures of adulterants/mdma.

It is very sad anytime someone dies while having a good time. We never get to hear about how many pills they took/did they eat that day/pre existing med condition. I was shocked to see the cancellation of Electric Zoo...people need to learn about their drugs before ingesting them
    You are the stupidest fucking piece of shit on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

So they're against the one thing that makes their music tolerable?
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    So they're against the one thing that makes their music tolerable?
    I thought that at first, too, but with all the talk about drinking water, not drinking alcohol or energy drinks, not buying from strangers, it seems more like they're trying to offer advice on taking drugs safely.

That's actually smart and responsible, "look kids, don't take drugs, but if you do, here's some basic tips that minimize your chances of doing something stupid, such as dying."
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Basically "don't do what RageAgainst does"
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Call me old fashioned, but 6 hits seems a tad excessive.
    I thought you liked to rage, bro.
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

I've been with Gribbz at shows and aside from the occasional head-bob, he's pretty tame.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    efrain -- any other cities nowhere near New York that you think could have an EDM festival?
    Well I'm just guessing that New York is probably gonna kick Electric Zoo out so it would be awesome if it came somewhere over here. I can dream right?

Dream? Dream about what? The west coast has an over-abundance of festivals for you to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    I've been with Gribbz at shows and aside from the occasional head-bob, he's pretty tame.
    I thought you liked to sarcasm, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    I thought you liked to rage, bro.
    I don't need drugs to have a good time, druggie.

Quote Originally Posted by nyarlathotoats View Post
    C'mon, that was Beach House.

Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    Basically "don't do what RageAgainst did"
    Im not telling people to take a bunch of pills. I was simply reminiscing about the terrible early days of E pills around 07 when LA was flooded with very poor quality Mdma.It was scary for me when I was 18 to see these kids seizuring at raves and passing out. I understand some people are more sensitive to it than others. Its simply about partying smart.

Now kids think "molly" is safer when in reality unless your ingesting straight up crystals its gonna be some powder filled with god knows what. We never seem to get the full story on most of these rave deaths. What I really worry about is the adulterants found in "molly". Some of the things used can be extremely dangerous in high doses. Its sad that dealers have to corrupt the MDMA market with "molly". For those of you who have had pure MDMA crystals you know what I am talking about
    Last edited by RageAgainst; 09-05-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Paul is dead

Oh my god dude stop pushing drugs on teenagers, RageAgainst!!

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by shiezza View Post
    Decided to forego the actual show because of the ridiculous prices they're asking. And saturday sold well so I haven't been able to get a cheap single day ticket. But I am going to Cajmere tonight and Modeselektor tomorrow. Anybody else doing the afterparties?
    I saw Claude VonStroke @ Output last weekend. He put on one of the best sets I've seen at Output. Absolutely gorgeous 3hr set

Quote Originally Posted by jconxtc View Post
    I should have been more specific with all ages EDM festivals. Almost all of these fests are corporate owned. I think Ultra is one of the few that isn't. Soon cities will not approve permits and make them go away. ultra cant do 2 weekends and I can't see electric zoo ever happening in new york again. Shareholders will not put up with this. Think of the children.
    As if we don't have enough EDM festivals in NY!

Amsterdam, August 19th 2013 - The world’s longest-running electronic music festival, Mysteryland, is making its US debut in 2014 in Bethel Woods, the site of the legendary 1969 Woodstock Festival. The move marks an historic moment for organizer ID&T, the brains behind high-profile festivals such as Sensation, Tomorrowland, TomorrowWorld and Q-dance.

This will be the first time a multi-day festival is hosted at the iconic Bethel Woods site in upstate New York. Forty-five years after the legendary Woodstock festival, the site will host Mysteryland during Memorial Day weekend from May 23 through May 26, 2014.

Promoters from all over the world have been trying for decades to convince the owners of the Bethel Woods site to host large-scale festivals in this special spot. After a year of talks, ID&T has finally won approval for the first US edition of Mysteryland, which is also held annually in the Netherlands and Chile. The 20th edition of Mysteryland in the Netherlands will be taking place on August 24 this year and all 60,000 tickets have once again sold out.

Quote Darlene Fedun, CEO of Bethel Woods Centre for the Arts;

“We chose ID&T’s Mysteryland brand as the first modern era festival on the hallowed grounds for its belief in many of the same principles as our own organization. Creativity, unity, social responsibility and a focus on the “experience” of the guest. We are delighted to be working with an experienced festival creator and an organization of such high core values. We look forward to welcoming our Mysteryland guests to our wonderful bucolic and peaceful setting here at Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, the site of the 1969 Woodstock festival. We can’t wait to greet them!”

Mysteryland’s multi-faceted approach has been a winning formula for no less than two decades. The festival offers its guests a creative journey, combining music with theatre, movies, interactive installation art, street performers and spectacular shows at bizarre decorated stages. To create this amazing spectacle, the festival organizers collaborate with a wide range of creative people from all over the world. As a nomad Mysteryland travels across the globe to find international artists willing to work with the festival and to make it an even richer experience.

The musical offerings are also all about discovery. In addition to legends from the international dance scene, the festival provides a stage for new and local talents: the next generation.

Mysteryland has been a leading pioneer on the dance festival scene in Europe and the US since 1993 and has inspired numerous other organizers and events. The famous Tomorrowland festival, also produced by ID&T, emerged from the key values of the Mysteryland festival. . Furthermore Mysteryland has also been a major catalyst for the electronic music revolution since the early 1990s.

And Mysteryland continues to evolve to this day as an innovator on the festival scene. One example is the sustainability program ‘Celebrate Life’, which ID&T uses to draw attention to topical issues such as engagement, nature and talent by linking them to activities before, during and after the festival.

The first US edition of Mysteryland at this iconic location will be all about quality. The multi-day festival will be a very exclusive gathering, with only 20,000 tickets available.

Quote Duncan Stutterheim, CEO ID&T:

‘This location, the site of the mother of all festivals Woodstock 45 years ago, needs no further introduction. We are honored that Bethel Woods has chosen to host Mysteryland.We see the similarities between the great demonstration of community and peace that was Woodstock, and the current culture of electronic music festivals. Differences between peoples simply disappear at our festivals. Everyone is equal on the dance floor and everyone can forget their everyday troubles and come together to enjoy the music and everything else that’s on offer. And these days, it is also about the growing awareness among our visitors of issues such as solidarity, sustainability and the enthusiasm of our multi-cultural audience to create a unique moment with the organizer and the artists. It’s not about big-name artists. It’s about everything and everyone coming together to inspire and get inspired. And people celebrating life together. It would be amazing if Mysteryland at Bethel Woods could unite some of that feeling from 45 years ago with the feeling of today.”

Anybody who would like to secure a ticket can sign up for the ticket sale at Mysteryland.com from today. The tickets will be sold in order of registration in about two months. More detailed information about the ticket sales will follow at a later stage.
    http://www.mysteryland.com/en/news/M...s-Newyork-146/

8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Heavy Blanket @ Union Pool
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB
    8/30 Hernan Cattaneo b2b Guy J @ Verboten
    8/31 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Paper Box

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

45 years later, at the same place where Woodstock took place? I really want to visit that site, but what kind of lineup are they talking about? some Tiesto, AvB type shit? no thanks.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainst View Post
    the terrible early days of E pills around 07
    what the.....?????
    09,10,12w1,13w1

Quote Originally Posted by ActionComics View Post
    what the.....?????
    Im talking about when the LA market was flooded with very poor quality pills around 2007ish to supply kids their candy for all the massives we were having in La at the time.

Paul is dead

Even rage against knows, the shardy molly is the best.

I was at ezoo and i almost had an emotional breakdown when above and beyond was using the heisenberg graphic as their visuals. Some motherfucker owes me a check.

The issue is that people are seeking something that doesnt exist. There isnt enough mdma in the world to satisfy all the kids at one of these events, let alone the hundreds of these events like these across the country.

Honestly, mdma is a pretty weak drug, if kids actually knew what real mdma was like they would get over it really fast. There is the notion that molly is the answer to all of your problems and if you actually find it you are the "coolest" person in the world. Its like looking for a unicorn, your arent gonna find one unless you know how to breed a narwhale with a donkey, and narwhales are hard to come by these days......
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

We are happy to announce that Made Event has been acquired by SFX Entertainment, the world's largest producer of live events and entertainment content focused primarily on electronic music culture.

For over a decade our goal has been to present the music we love in exciting environments, with state-of-the-art production, and attention to detail. We are proud of what we do, and thankful to you, the fans that enjoy our events and electronic dance music as much as we do.

Although Electric Zoo will continue to be developed by the same team that has been on board since its inception, being part of something larger provides us with many new opportunities, like exciting technology that will improve the festival experience both online and at our events, creative collaboration with other SFX companies, and bringing Electric Zoo to new locations around the globe.

We are genuinely excited to be part of the mission SFX has put forth; to provide the fans of electronic music with the best possible live experiences, music discovery and digital content connectivity. In short, becoming part of the SFX family will enable us to bring more of what we do to you - only bigger and better!

-The Made team

8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

If Sunday School Grove stage is back, it might be worth going this year?

The folks behind Electric Zoo have confirmed the electronic music festival will return to Randall's Island this summer, despite the drug-related deaths of two attendees last year. This time around, organizers are promising some updated safety measures, like hiring plainclothes security guards who specialize in narcotics, free/cheap electrolytes available for purchase, and required PSAs pre-concert. Oh, and there will be drug-sniffing dogs stationed at all concert entrances. Only eight hours of DJ Tiesto could make this festival sound more fun.

The festival, planned for this Labor Day weekend, came under fire last year after 20-year old Olivia Rotondo and 23-year old Jeffrey Russ fatally overdosed on a drug containing MDMA. At least four other people were hospitalized, 31 were arrested and there was one reported sexual assault of a 16-year-old, leading to the cancellation of the festival's final day. Though Electric Zoo's future in the city was up in the air for a while, there were reports that organizers were lobbying City Hall in hopes of returning to Randall's Island, and it appears they've been successful.

"We are incredibly excited to bring Electric Zoo back to New York,” EZoo creators Mike Bindra and Laura De Palma said in a statement today. “Over the past five years, Electric Zoo has grown tremendously, becoming a critically acclaimed, internationally recognized music festival. The opportunity to again host Electric Zoo on Randall’s Island is a responsibility we take seriously, and we look forward to expanding our safety and security measures in order to further improve the concert experience for our fans.”

And so return the neon American Apparel manks and strobe lights, though it looks like they aren't kidding about tightening security. According to an email from the festival's publicists, updated measures include plainclothes security officers, background checks on vendors and employees, security surveys for ticket purchasers, a "highly visible" security presence inside the festival and the aforementioned drug-sniffing dogs (according to website TheDEA.org, which does not appear to be affiliated with the Drug Enforcement Agency, dogs can smell MDMA).

Attendees will also be required to watch a PSA about drug safety before getting their tickets validated, and the festival will be launching a "robust PSA campaign developed by a youth-culture oriented marketing firm and featuring leading artists," so expect Skrillex to tell you drugs are bad, or something. There will also be free water all festival long, and cheap/possibly free electrolytes for partygoers who need theirs replenished.

Last year, attendees complained that festival security was less than adequate, which was particularly concerning considering Electric Zoo takes place in public space. "All the drug use and under-age activity that goes on here every year and now this," a city employee told A Walk in the Park. "And this year they added a third day. And for what, money? These events have to go. They are putting the public at risk."

Tickets go on sale next Tuesday.
    http://gothamist.com/2014/04/22/elec...th_drug-sn.php

8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB

8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB