Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sahara 2014

Default Re: Sahara 2014

Thats a bit pathetic. Not gonna change the fact that he cant hold a candle to that legendary set from the Aftermath family and Snoop Doggs smoking buddies. I felt almost sorry for Kaskade and Avicii that weekend. More Kaskade because he seems like a nice guy, not huge fan of his music per say, but as a person he looks like a guy anyone could get along with.

Being realistic, I see Avicii headlining one day since his album (which i think sucks) just came out. The other say Soulwax or Carnage and on Sunday maybe A-trak or Pretty Lights.

Friday:Avicii, Nadastrom, Mr. Oizo, W&W, Rebecca & Fiona, RL Grime, Kill The Noise, Steve Angello, fatboy slim, bloody beetroots

Saturday: Soulwax, Kavinsky, Breakbot, Alvin Risk, Bloody Beetroots, Flosstradamus, Tokimonsta, boys noize, marty solvieg

Sunday: Pretty Lights, Carnage, Borgore, Krewella, Clockwork, A-Trak, Gesaffelstein, Jack Beats, cedric gervais, pendulum

Other dj's I could see headlining because they're on tour right now would be: Skrillex, Deadmau5, Tiesto or Calvin Harris

Personally I would love to see more trance like Armin Van Burren, Above & Beyond. Even Dash Berlin or Markus Shulz would be nice. I think trap music takes over the sahara tent this year.

Being realistic, I see Pretty Lights as a headliner because he played '13.
    Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    Listen to Ron if you don't want to listen to me. Or will you call his experience into question as well? He's probably one of the most (if not THE most) respected members of this board.

Pretty Lights was there this past year and played the Outdoor Stage . . . can't really understand why anyone thinks he'll be back next year and back in the Sahara. Seems exceedingly unlikely.
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)
    Haxan Cloak (5/15)

Quote Originally Posted by keving7 View Post
    Being realistic, I see Avicii headlining one day since his album (which i think sucks) just came out. The other say Soulwax or Carnage and on Sunday maybe A-trak or Pretty Lights.

Friday:Avicii, Nadastrom, Mr. Oizo, W&W, Rebecca & Fiona, RL Grime, Kill The Noise, Steve Angello, fatboy slim, bloody beetroots

Saturday: Soulwax, Kavinsky, Breakbot, Alvin Risk, Bloody Beetroots, Flosstradamus, Tokimonsta, boys noize, marty solvieg

Sunday: Pretty Lights, Carnage, Borgore, Krewella, Clockwork, A-Trak, Gesaffelstein, Jack Beats, cedric gervais, pendulum

Other dj's I could see headlining because they're on tour right now would be: Skrillex, Deadmau5, Tiesto or Calvin Harris

Personally I would love to see more trance like Armin Van Burren, Above & Beyond. Even Dash Berlin or Markus Shulz would be nice. I think trap music takes over the sahara tent this year.
    that would be some really weird shit but I would be the happiest person just by seeing soulwax, kavinsky, mr. oizo, gesaffelstein, breakbot

Very realistic...
    Bloody Beetroots two days in a row and Pendulum(live?). Pendulum DJ I dont see playing, just cause, not a draw like Live would be, and live is on hiatus while Knife Party is running around.

"Possible new album (2013-present)

On 22 August, 2013, in a series of Tweets, it was revealed that along with a Knife Party album,[10] a possible Pendulum album may also be released in 2014.[11]However, the possibility of Pendulum performing live again has still been ruled out."

Pretty lights, as said above, wouldnt go from outdoor one year back to sahara the next year. Just seems senseless.

Oh damn I didnt notice that I put Bloody Beetroots twice, and i completely forgot that Pretty Lights played after Tame Impala last year. And about Pendulum, i'm sure they can pull a big crowd as a dj set. They are performing at Escape From Wonderland this saturday.

Oh damn I didnt notice that I put Bloody Beetroots twice, and i completely forgot that Pretty Lights played after Tame Impala last year. And about Pendulum, i'm sure they can pull a big crowd as a dj set. They are performing at Escape From Wonderland this saturday.
    El Hornet always plays Insomniac events as a DJ. Never a big crowd. Not like no one shows up, just not that big of crowd anymore. You are talking drum and bass at an Insomniac event, they havent had a popular area/room for a while now. Only when major Bro-Step Djs come on are they crowded. I just dont see it man. Not trying to just dump on your assumption, just stating what i have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftmaggot View Post
    Being realistic, I see Pretty Lights as a headliner because he played '13.
    While that does make Pretty Lights rather unlikely, see Black Keys 2011-2012.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    While that does make Pretty Lights rather unlikely, see Black Keys 2011-2012.
    Although i didnt agree with Black Key back to back coachellas, i dont think Pretty Lights has the popularity of the Black Keys to be given the bump up to headliner in a year. But there has been crazier things to happen.

Being realistic, I see Avicii headlining one day since his album (which i think sucks) just came out. The other say Soulwax or Carnage and on Sunday maybe A-trak or Pretty Lights

Soulwax and Carnage are not headliners. Neither is A-Trak and Pretty Lights just played last year.

being realistic, sahara tent has sucked for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Soulwax is definitely a headliner, and Carnage had a headlining set at EDC and at Nocturnal Wonderland and will Escape from Wonderland. Carnage is one of the fastest rising dj's with a growing fan base. A-Trak is definitely a headliner, so i really don't know what you're talking about or even contributing to this post other than pessimism

The Sahara Tent was great last year and will be great this year.

A-trak is not a headliner. Shouldn't even be a discussion.

Soulwax is definitely a headliner, and Carnage had a headlining set at EDC and at Nocturnal Wonderland and will Escape from Wonderland. Carnage is one of the fastest rising dj's with a growing fan base. A-Trak is definitely a headliner, so i really don't know what you're talking about or even contributing to this post other than pessimism
    Carnaged headlined EDC? i dont see him on the line up.... and how did he headline Nocturnal? I see the executioner underneath at peak set time. A-Trak is not a headliner, maybe in your eyes, but no... not in reality. Great DJ, but not a headliner. Soulwax... mmmm... depends on who else is booked that day.

The Sahara Tent itself was great. The vast majority of the artists who played in the Sahara were not.
    fuck.

Also...

NO ONE FUCKING HEADLINES THE SAHARA TENT.
    fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post

NO ONE FUCKING HEADLINES THE SAHARA TENT.
    This.
    We Did It 11/28
    Fleetwood Mac 11/29
    A$AP Mob 11/30
    FoF 12/12
    Team Supreme 12/19

Good god this thread is terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

hahahahhahaahhaah no

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    The Sahara Tent itself was great. The vast majority of the artists who played in the Sahara were not.
    haha yep, Paul Kalkbrenner was the obvious exception though.

Quote Originally Posted by c2sts9 View Post
    My Dream Lineup would be

Friday-
    Justice
    Plastikman
    Felix Cartal
    Droplex
    Surkin & Todd Edwards
    Daniel Portman
    Tom Novy
    ZZT

Sat-
    Chemical Brothers
    Soulwax
    Noisecontrollers
    Simian Mobile Disco
    F.O.O.L
    The Oddword
    Gigi Barocco
    John Dahlback
    Cyberpunkers
    Soda 'n' Suds

SUN-
    Underworld
    Vitalic
    Gesaffelstein
    Mr. Oizo
    Crookers
    Proxy
    John Tejada
    Gtronic
    Mustard Pimp
    Belzebass
    Super late to this i know, but...

I really actually wouldn't want this, because I wouldn't leave the Sahara, and I REALLY like the diversity that Coachella offers.

This as its very own lineup for a standalone event though? HELL YES.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotek View Post
    haha yep, Paul Kalkbrenner was the obvious exception though.
    Yep, but the tent was nearly empty for his set (at least for Weekend 2).
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)
    Haxan Cloak (5/15)

Wow, lots of people predicting deadmau5. He's supposedly banned from Coachella: http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/1...rom-coachella/

Shut the fuck up you twat
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    if he is scared of your noodle you may not get in with it.

So i just found out that Armin Van Buuren is going to be at the Forum in LA on May 9, which is just a few weeks removed from weekend 2 of coachella. Do this increase his chances of performing in Indio?
    Link:http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/2...the-forum.html

No.

Quote Originally Posted by timothyhockley View Post
    Heres what I think the lineup for Sahara will look like:

Friday:
    Cazzette
    Axwell
    Alesso
    Zedd
    An21
    Madeon
    Jack Beats

Saturday:
    Rusko
    A-Trak
    Krewella
    Funtcase vs Cookie Monsta
    Andy C
    Flosstradamus
    Crizzly

Sunday: ( not in specific order)
    Calvin Harris
    Dirty South
    Diplo
    Mat Zo
    UZ
    Caspa
    Etc! Etc!
    Nadastrom
    God, I hope not. This list makes me throw up.
    '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14... '15!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    Sounds like a mashup of Benny Benassi, Spice Girls, and feces. I was really hoping for a Paris Hilton DJ set :/
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Just wait. I bet at the Sigma Chi chapter meeting this Sunday the brothers unanimously vote to do Sahara Semiformal at Weekend 2 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I don't think you guys understand how big The Prodigy was to electronic music.