Thread: Both Weekend Experience

Default Both Weekend Experience

This year I bought 2 tickets for weekend one and paid for a friend to go. I am also taking my mom to stagecoach this weekend, so will be down there 2 of 3 weeks as it is (Hotel tho no camping for Stage). I figure next year at a much reduced cost, i might go solo (my preffered way) and go both weekends. Ive got friends in Orange County and LA I can visit mon-wed nights in between.

I just wanted to hear from people who did both weekends and their experiance week 2. I know I always leave with the coachella cough from all he dust (still got it) and a bit wiped out. Was it hard to rally for week 2? Did it enhance your experience by seeing different bands and reliving cant miss acts?

I leave coachella feeling that it was a magical experience. Will I be chasing the dragon week 2?

i figured I would ask now before the memory fades and it becomes all perfect memories.

thanks in advance

Default Re: Both Weekend Experience

I also did both weekends first weekend was pretty cool GA wristband and car camping! I was pretty pleased with everyone I saw however Sunday evening kinda ruined the experience with that massive wind pouring down. Second weekend was great I was able to catch up with all the shows I missed first weekend and spent some time in the VIP section early in the day time! My throat is really soar and I was coming down with a small fever but I can't let it stop me cause I still have to go to work and school! As for stage coach maybe some other year? I kinda have after Coachella depression tho ahaha

Thanks for the feedback. That dust storm was crazy. I dont plan to do Stagecoach next year, I prefer coachella and the variety of music. The eye candy at Stagecoach is impressive though.

i've done both weekends past two years, for me it's perfect. weekend 2 i get to catch up on all the acts i missed or if nothing better is going on watch the same act again. both years i've left weekend 2 with almost no sign of post coachella depression and more of a post coachella afterglow. as long as i can afford it i'll keep doing both weekends.

stagecoach on the other hand would definitely be chasing the dragon from my perspective though as i cant stand twangy-pop (or as some call it, "country"). stagecoach weekend i try to pretend everything is already packed up and the fields aren't being blasphemed

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyLobster View Post
    The eye candy at Stagecoach is impressive though.
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

I walked into Stagecoach and was immediately depressed. The grass was brown, there were fences everywhere. The Vibe was completely different. It wasnt magic anymore. i did like walking around with my beer though.

I went to both weekends this year (W2 2012 was my first Coachella). I don't plan on doing 2 weekends again. The second weekend was great, and the main reason why I did both was to be at Coachella with virtually all of my best friends (Weekend 1 with college friends, Weekend 2 with HS friends). But Weekend 1 ended up being the best weekend of my life, so Weekend 2 really never stood a chance. Still a lot of fun and I was really happy to be at Coachella again with friends I don't get to see often, but it was hard not to make comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyLobster View Post
    The eye candy at Stagecoach is impressive though.
    **blushes**
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I went both weekends this year and would probably consider every year but only if the lineup was strong enough. I camped with a large group of friends during weekend 1 and it was nice to run into them at various sets throughout the weekend. I also sacrificed a few sets in favor spending more time with the group since I knew I could see whoever I was missing during weekend 2. during weekend 2, I stayed in a condo with a much smaller group of friends and had more alone time inside the fest to see acts I missed during weekend 1.

I can echo anonimouse's comment about post coachella depression. after weekend 1 I didn't instantly miss coachella since I knew it was only 3 days of work before I was back again. then after weekend 2 I was so exhausted that I didn't even have the energy to miss coachella. living so close to the fest, last year it pained me to know that there was a coachella going on and that I wasn't there.

I don't think I'd buy both weekends during the presale, but after the lineup is released I would definitely keep it in mind as an option -- and if the passes dropped in price as much as they did this year, I would strongly consider both weekends regardless of lineup.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

both weekends- Somehow I was just feeling weekend 2 more. I'm not sure why, but maybe all the "need to be seen" people show for wknd one?

Also gotta say this years wind storm was the worst Ive' seen out there since 99'. It was rough.
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com
    www.facebook.com/SPX.clothing
    www.myspace.com/spxclothing

Yeah It makes sense to buy weekend 1 tickets pre-sale and wait on two. It would also give me the option of taking mom to stagecoach again next year if she likes the bands. She had the best time, even tho coachella week 2 would be better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    and if the passes dropped in price as much as they did this year, I would strongly consider both weekends regardless of lineup.

Daft Punk 2014. Prices will go thru the roof. Advanced sale is the way to go

I wouldn't commit to both weekends in the presale since there's so much that can happen between the presale and the lineup release and then between the lineup release and the actual festival. I've had good luck getting through the frontgate waiting rooms during the regular onsale and even with a big draw act like daft punk I feel like I'd have a good chance since most will be going for weekend 1. my plan is to commit to weekend 1 in the presale and then see how things go.

like SPX said, it seemed like there were less "I need to be seen" people during weekend 2 as well.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr powerful View Post
    Daft Punk 2014. Prices will go thru the roof. Advanced sale is the way to go
    thank allah daft punk ain't playin.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

We did Bothchella for the last 2 years. Had a blast everytime with mostly different crews. I approached this year differently than last year and saw virtually no duplicate sets, no matter how good they were. I faulted on Moby as the group pulled that way. On retrospect I should have gone to Mark Farina. Moby was incredible, but 2 sets in a week takes away from the magic a bit, plus I was fairly drunk 1st weekend for this and on 2nd weekend I was a bit tripped out. Overall I saw 30 full sets and 70 acts altogether. If there is enough for you to fill both weeks like there was this year then I highly suggest it. Even this year I had a couple 3 way conflicts and still couldn't see everyone I wanted too! That said, I will probably not do it next year, but only because I want to use 2 weeks off for an international trip instead.