Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: That guy who picks up the guitar lying in the corner at a party...

Default Re: That guy who picks up the guitar lying in the corner at a party...

Why the fuck would you want to pass yourself as Bon jovi

Do all the YouTube assholes poorly covering shit count in this thread?
    Papi Piratón!

Quote Originally Posted by sunn-bro View Post
    Fixed
    My friends don't play guitar. Although one friend did play and sing Karma Police, which was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

We aren't talking about friends. We are talking about cunty people
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Playing guitar is cunty to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

TFW you actually agree with Amy
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I have a friend who's that guy, but he usually pulls out some Radiohead or Misfits songs when he gets drunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

if you are doing spur-of-the-moment original riffage or noodleling, then it's okay to pick it up and fuck with it for five or ten minutes. That's what instruments are for. But immediately busting out a full Stairway ("and everyone on down the road...") expecting an engaged audience full of deep eye contact? Heh.
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

I'm so glad my friends don't have guitars just laying around, waiting for some schmo to pick it up and play a silly song that he isn't very good at. Wasn't this played out in some show, or skit? Where the guy has to constantly start over.

If I could play, and did this, I would only play metal songs.

No one has said Dave Matthews Band yet?

Edit: sunn-bro mentioned 'You and Me', so, yes.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    If I could play, and did this, I would only play metal songs.
    I used to do this occasionally with Stooges songs. Although Bro Hymn by Pennywise can get the right kind of party going.

We used to get out mouth harps which might be just as bad. Bongos, ok I know ... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Two things I've learned from this thread:

1) Your parties are boring if there is someone getting enough attention to pickup an acoustic and do this

2) All those friends you have who perform such acts already suck scrotum because obviously the greatest group party acoustic song of all time is
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

nick drake songs and handing them back the guitar still in open D tuning so they don't know what the fuck to do with it

+1 on Blackbird
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Quote Originally Posted by swiftmaggot View Post
    If someone busted out a decent rendition of Over the Hills and Far Away, I'd be fairly impressed.
    Guy was a total stoner, would never have thought he'd have the attention span to learn how to play guitar. He played Over the Hills... and totally nailed it. Couldn't believe my ears. Turns out it was the only thing he knew how to play. Someone had taught him that song and that was it.

My best friend (the dude who regularly did Radiohead/The Misfits at our parties) was a quiet dude in the dorms. The first time we spoke, I saw him with a guitar and asked him to play something. What he did was impressive, so I said, "Now play Over the Hills and Far Away by Zep." He played it perfectly, I sang it horribly, and we've been friends ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    My best friend (the dude who regularly did Radiohead/The Misfits at our parties) was a quiet dude in the dorms. The first time we spoke, I saw him with a guitar and asked him to play something. What he did was impressive, so I said, "Now play Over the Hills and Far Away by Zep." He played it perfectly, I sang it horribly, and we've been friends ever since.
    12 string?

This would impress!

The first time no, but he brought his 12-string when we got an apartment with two other friends and it was a constant request. I also forced him to learn John Fahey stuff to hear it on that. Dude's a better guitar player than anyone else I've ever met, and most people I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    The first time no, but he brought his 12-string when we got an apartment with two other friends and it was a constant request. I also forced him to learn John Fahey stuff to hear it on that. Dude's a better guitar player than anyone else I've ever met, and most people I've ever seen.
    I see a future documentary; working title: Searching for the Dorm-Man.

Even better: Searching for Bang. He has a rock-star last name.

Wonderwall. Every Fucking Time.

when i was younger and way more naive and would play at parties (mostly by drunken request, with som bullshit "no, no i cant...ok" crap)
    it was mostly the decemberists. unless i wanted to have sex, then it was asilos magdalena by the mars volta.

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Blackbird. Every time.
    The guy who picks up the guitar in the corner may not have the skills for Blackbird. He may be more likely to go with Rocky Raccoon instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    Wasn't this played out in some show, or skit? Where the guy has to constantly start over.

also...

Whilst attending college, I was asked to come into one of the dorm rooms and play for a girl I knew and some of her friends. By the time I was done, I was one guy playing for about 20 coeds. I ended the evening having one of the best encounters of my life, up to that point.

Being "that guy" can have its advantages.

Why do young women want to fuck guys strumming an acoustic and singing tired covers?
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Why do young women want to fuck guys strumming an acoustic and singing tired covers?
    Depends on the covers. And, I did some originals. It was more singing that did it for them, or so they said.

You would be amazed how many times I would get approached after playing shows. I thought it kind of silly, to be honest. Not that I didn't enjoy the attention, of course.

so how many of them did you bed that night?

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    so how many of them did you bed that night?
    Define bed...