Thread: Playlist Format Assistance

Default Playlist Format Assistance

My friend asked me to make a playlist of 80's music for his birthday party this weekend. Unfortunately I'll be out of town, but I put together a five-hour playlist and I'm not sure what format would be best. I really don't want to spread that across 4 CDs. He said his laptop's "fried" but maybe someone else can bring a laptop. My options seem to be either giving them the songs and the playlist file, or I kind of want to string all the songs together into one long MP3. However I'm not sure. Any ideas? I need to sort this out by today, maybe tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Default Re: Playlist Format Assistance

Redo the playlist in Spotify. Send him the link to the spotify playlist.
    Or burn the damn 4 cd's.

Yeah I just want it to flow uninterrupted. Like I said his laptop is fried and besides Spotify might not have all these songs. I think for now I'll just try to get the files to someone who can take a laptop.

Will the M3U file work on a different computer? Will it recognize the same files in their new location or would I need to reconstruct the playlist?
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Can you copy the songs to an iPod? A smartphone?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

I don't really have a working iPod. Sure I might be able to get them on someone's phone but I think a laptop might be easier. I think at this point that's my best option. I just wish I could be there to see their expressions during "Hands to Heaven" or "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You." The playlist also has a small hair metal set.

what about a flashdrive? If someone else might have a laptop, then why not that? They are dirt cheap now.

Well, yeah. I mean I can just flashdrive it to someone else's computer. That's no problem. I just hope the playlist file will work on a different computer. I'll figure it out.

It is to my understanding, an M3U playlist file will work fine if it knows the location of the files.

If the program your friend is using to play the playlist can't immediately find it, it SHOULD simply ask where the files are and they can just tell it where the folder is.

Just burn it to CDs.

Or wait until you get a new melodica and play covers on it for five hours.

I already have a new melodica but I'm taking it to Vegas.