Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 43

Thread: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

  1. #1

    Default It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    Probably the most disgusting part of coachella.. Impossible to find a place to wash your Hands with some Friggin Soap! :gag:

    Like Can I please Wash my hands properly after I Take a Dump in your disgusting Porta Potties lol

    I dont ask for much... please please make it more conveniant for people to Wash their Hands Properly with a proper cleanser

    I can only imagine how filthy peoples hands were at coachella, including mine :disgust:

  2. #2
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,250

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    Bring your own. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

  3. #3
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    15,947

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations


  4. #4
    Member Peter_Tork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dusty record bin
    Posts
    185

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by AllDay321 View Post
    I can only imagine how filthy peoples hands were at coachella, including mine :disgust:
    Please steer clear of me next year...

  5. #5

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Bring your own. Problem solved.
    You're a straight shooter arent ya.... Apparently its an inconveniance to coachella to place a couple of hand washing stations thoughout the grounds just for Sanitary Reasons!

  6. #6
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,250

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    They do have a water refill area. Just bring your own hand sanitizer. You can find a small bottle at a drug store for $1. Security has never taken away my hand sanitizer.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

  7. #7
    Cult Leader koryp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    3,190

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by AllDay321 View Post
    You're a straight shooter arent ya.... Apparently its an inconveniance to coachella to place a couple of hand washing stations thoughout the grounds just for Sanitary Reasons!

    Cause there wouldn't be a line a mile long of mutherfuckers filling their water bottles there? I mean we'd all use that sink only for hand washing, right.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

  8. #8
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,537

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by AllDay321 View Post
    You're a straight shooter arent ya.... Apparently its an inconveniance to coachella to place a couple of hand washing stations thoughout the grounds just for Sanitary Reasons!
    Maybe if you were a straight shooter, you wouldn't have to worry so much about handsanitizers.

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    20,776

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    They used to have the handsanitizers on your way out of the bathroom. That seemed like a good idea, but yes . . . bring your own.

  10. #10

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    There was hand sanitizer inside every mens portapottie I went into.

  11. #11
    Member LiquidL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    569

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Bater View Post
    There was hand sanitizer inside every mens portapottie I went into (though they were empty).
    Fixed.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

  12. #12

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    how about no showers in lot 4 too? That was painfully annoying.

  13. #13
    Coachella Junkie fatbastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    12,131

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    I've used the hot oil from Spicy Pies to sanitize my hands.
    Whiskey Sour

    2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

    Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

  14. #14
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    22,152

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    Which Health Code is being violated here?

    4/11-13: Coachella
    4/15: The Knife @ The Fox
    4/16: Factory Floor @ The Independent
    4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

  15. #15

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    they used to have those hand washing stations* that you pumped with your feet and I swear they never worked so I'd rather just use hand sanitizer and wet wipes since they are more reliable. besides the horrible bathroom situation in lot 4, I think every other porta pottie had hand sanitizer inside when I used them.

    I probably shouldn't tell you this, but the trailers at the end of the bathroom areas had running water for you to wash your hands and there was rarely a line.

    *or am I thinking of another fest?
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

  16. #16
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,136

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    The local health code, if it's anything like the one I deal with regularly in my job, probably requires that the temporary food stations at Coachella all have sinks and running water, but it's unlikely that there is any mass gathering regulation that would require sinks and running water for everyone in attendance.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

  17. #17
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,436

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    practical question. does anyone end up with pink eye or eE. Coli after coachella? if yes, OP might have a point. pretty sure festivals have been around long enough they have the sanitation thing figured out.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  18. #18
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,250

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    The restroom trailers did indeed have running water and soap.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

  19. #19
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,198

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    The restroom trailers did indeed have running water and soap.
    I go straight there every time I have to use the restroom.

    There's rarely a line too.

  20. #20
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,250

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    We walked out of our way both this year and last year to use the restrooms by the Outdoor Theatre.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

  21. #21

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    it gets so crowded over there when there is a big name playing. I hate having to dodge the people sitting/standing and people coming back from the bathrooms... I guess that is why it was less crowded though.

  22. #22

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    they used to have those hand washing stations* that you pumped with your feet and I swear they never worked so I'd rather just use hand sanitizer and wet wipes since they are more reliable. besides the horrible bathroom situation in lot 4, I think every other porta pottie had hand sanitizer inside when I used them.

    I probably shouldn't tell you this, but the trailers at the end of the bathroom areas had running water for you to wash your hands and there was rarely a line.

    *or am I thinking of another fest?
    Shhh...if they can't find them on their own they don't need to be taking up space in there

  23. #23
    Member insbordnat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In a blazing inferno
    Posts
    1,724

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    The local health code, if it's anything like the one I deal with regularly in my job, probably requires that the temporary food stations at Coachella all have sinks and running water, but it's unlikely that there is any mass gathering regulation that would require sinks and running water for everyone in attendance.
    I'm not an expert in health code, but I'd surmise the laws primarily are for public events. This is on private property, and the food vendors may fall into the realm of caterers. Similar to how catering companies wouln't need to ensure attendees of parties had sufficient means to wash hands. They'd only be required to ensure their own employees had hand washing/other sanitary capabilities.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

  24. #24
    Coachella Junkie fatbastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    12,131

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    I preferred when the sanitizers were on that metal rack outside of the restrooms.
    Whiskey Sour

    2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

    Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

  25. #25
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    20,776

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    Yes, that's what I was referring to when I said on your way out.

  26. #26
    old school ThatGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,910

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    Even with trailers in the safari area with soap and water - I had a hand sanitizer dangling from my bag to use at will all weekend. And maybe I used it too frequently but I found at the end of a day I had a layer of ... Scudge. On my nails and hands... That was really hard to scrub off. And honestly I think it's from using the hand sanitizer to the point where it coats the skin. It was a mix of dirt and stickiness that I had to literally scrub off. If was awful. But seemingly unavoidable.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  27. #27
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    15,947

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Even with trailers in the safari area with soap and water - I had a hand sanitizer dangling from my bag to use at will all weekend. And maybe I used it too frequently but I found at the end of a day I had a layer of ... Scudge. On my nails and hands... That was really hard to scrub off. And honestly I think it's from using the hand sanitizer to the point where it coats the skin. It was a mix of dirt and stickiness that I had to literally scrub off. If was awful. But seemingly unavoidable.
    This is why I prefer hand wipes to using a sanitizer gel. I don't know what the actual difference is in terms of sanitary effectiveness, but the wipes at least give me the psychological impression of removing the ick instead of just coating it in a layer of goo.

  28. #28
    Cult Leader koryp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    3,190

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    This is why I prefer hand wipes to using a sanitizer gel. I don't know what the actual difference is in terms of sanitary effectiveness, but the wipes at least give me the psychological impression of removing the ick instead of just coating it in a layer of goo.
    Here's a good paper on the subject
    tl;dr synopsis hand wipes sucks less than hand sanitizer at killing germs

    We studied this thoroughly before implementing the sanitizer in healthcare. Now, all that shows is dead germs, sanitizer leaves them and the other crud caked on your digits.

    Soap and water for 30 seconds is still the best method.
    Last edited by koryp; 04-29-2013 at 09:12 PM.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

  29. #29
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,537

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by AllDay321 View Post
    Probably the most disgusting part of coachella.. Impossible to find a place to wash your Hands with some Friggin Soap! :gag:

    Like Can I please Wash my hands properly after I Take a Dump in your disgusting Porta Potties lol

    I dont ask for much... please please make it more conveniant for people to Wash their Hands Properly with a proper cleanser

    I can only imagine how filthy peoples hands were at coachella, including mine :disgust:
    I didn't think that people who used the term, "Take a dump," would be the type to be concerned about sanitizing anything afterwards. It seems more like something that someone who, "has to go to the bathroom," or, "has to make number 2" would be concerned about. And really, after dancing in the Sahara tent like a bunch of sardines, and then fighting our way through the dirt and dust filled turbulance that was occurring in the campground on Sunday Night of W1, the last place I was worried about getting germs from, was my hands.

  30. #30
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,540

    Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by AllDay321 View Post
    Probably the most disgusting part of coachella.. Impossible to find a place to wash your Hands with some Friggin Soap! :gag:

    Like Can I please Wash my hands properly after I Take a Dump in your disgusting Porta Potties lol

    I dont ask for much... please please make it more conveniant for people to Wash their Hands Properly with a proper cleanser

    I can only imagine how filthy peoples hands were at coachella, including mine :disgust:
    1) Learn how to festival. Festivals aren't required to provide hand washing stations. You're in a fucking desert, for Christ's sakes. Bring wipes and hand sanitizers. Or go to the trailer bathrooms; there are sinks with water, soap, and hand sanitizer in there.

    2) Learn how to spell. My 8th grade biology teacher's monkey had better grammar.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Similar Threads

  1. It's raining FM talk stations in L.A...
    By JustSteve in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 05:02 PM
  2. Washing Machine vs Dryer
    By betao in forum Polls
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 06:57 PM
  3. charging stations
    By benconey in forum Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 10:21 PM
  4. It's Raining Brain-washing Talk Shows
    By Boourns in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 05:15 PM
  5. Proximity of Bus Stations to LAX ?
    By Balthazar B in forum Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 11:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •