Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

Default It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

Probably the most disgusting part of coachella.. Impossible to find a place to wash your Hands with some Friggin Soap! :gag:

Like Can I please Wash my hands properly after I Take a Dump in your disgusting Porta Potties lol

I dont ask for much... please please make it more conveniant for people to Wash their Hands Properly with a proper cleanser

I can only imagine how filthy peoples hands were at coachella, including mine :disgust:

Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

Bring your own. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Default Re: It has to be a Health Code Violation for the Lack of Hand Washing Stations

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay321 View Post
    I can only imagine how filthy peoples hands were at coachella, including mine :disgust:
    Please steer clear of me next year...

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Bring your own. Problem solved.
    You're a straight shooter arent ya.... Apparently its an inconveniance to coachella to place a couple of hand washing stations thoughout the grounds just for Sanitary Reasons!

They do have a water refill area. Just bring your own hand sanitizer. You can find a small bottle at a drug store for $1. Security has never taken away my hand sanitizer.

You're a straight shooter arent ya.... Apparently its an inconveniance to coachella to place a couple of hand washing stations thoughout the grounds just for Sanitary Reasons!

Cause there wouldn't be a line a mile long of mutherfuckers filling their water bottles there? I mean we'd all use that sink only for hand washing, right.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Maybe if you were a straight shooter, you wouldn't have to worry so much about handsanitizers.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

They used to have the handsanitizers on your way out of the bathroom. That seemed like a good idea, but yes . . . bring your own.

There was hand sanitizer inside every mens portapottie I went into.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Bater View Post
    There was hand sanitizer inside every mens portapottie I went into (though they were empty).
    Fixed.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

how about no showers in lot 4 too? That was painfully annoying.

I've used the hot oil from Spicy Pies to sanitize my hands.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Which Health Code is being violated here?

12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

they used to have those hand washing stations* that you pumped with your feet and I swear they never worked so I'd rather just use hand sanitizer and wet wipes since they are more reliable. besides the horrible bathroom situation in lot 4, I think every other porta pottie had hand sanitizer inside when I used them.

I probably shouldn't tell you this, but the trailers at the end of the bathroom areas had running water for you to wash your hands and there was rarely a line.

*or am I thinking of another fest?
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

The local health code, if it's anything like the one I deal with regularly in my job, probably requires that the temporary food stations at Coachella all have sinks and running water, but it's unlikely that there is any mass gathering regulation that would require sinks and running water for everyone in attendance.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

practical question. does anyone end up with pink eye or eE. Coli after coachella? if yes, OP might have a point. pretty sure festivals have been around long enough they have the sanitation thing figured out.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

The restroom trailers did indeed have running water and soap.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    The restroom trailers did indeed have running water and soap.
    I go straight there every time I have to use the restroom.

There's rarely a line too.

We walked out of our way both this year and last year to use the restrooms by the Outdoor Theatre.

it gets so crowded over there when there is a big name playing. I hate having to dodge the people sitting/standing and people coming back from the bathrooms... I guess that is why it was less crowded though.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    they used to have those hand washing stations* that you pumped with your feet and I swear they never worked so I'd rather just use hand sanitizer and wet wipes since they are more reliable. besides the horrible bathroom situation in lot 4, I think every other porta pottie had hand sanitizer inside when I used them.

I probably shouldn't tell you this, but the trailers at the end of the bathroom areas had running water for you to wash your hands and there was rarely a line.

*or am I thinking of another fest?
    Shhh...if they can't find them on their own they don't need to be taking up space in there

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    The local health code, if it's anything like the one I deal with regularly in my job, probably requires that the temporary food stations at Coachella all have sinks and running water, but it's unlikely that there is any mass gathering regulation that would require sinks and running water for everyone in attendance.
    I'm not an expert in health code, but I'd surmise the laws primarily are for public events. This is on private property, and the food vendors may fall into the realm of caterers. Similar to how catering companies wouln't need to ensure attendees of parties had sufficient means to wash hands. They'd only be required to ensure their own employees had hand washing/other sanitary capabilities.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

I preferred when the sanitizers were on that metal rack outside of the restrooms.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Yes, that's what I was referring to when I said on your way out.

Even with trailers in the safari area with soap and water - I had a hand sanitizer dangling from my bag to use at will all weekend. And maybe I used it too frequently but I found at the end of a day I had a layer of ... Scudge. On my nails and hands... That was really hard to scrub off. And honestly I think it's from using the hand sanitizer to the point where it coats the skin. It was a mix of dirt and stickiness that I had to literally scrub off. If was awful. But seemingly unavoidable.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Even with trailers in the safari area with soap and water - I had a hand sanitizer dangling from my bag to use at will all weekend. And maybe I used it too frequently but I found at the end of a day I had a layer of ... Scudge. On my nails and hands... That was really hard to scrub off. And honestly I think it's from using the hand sanitizer to the point where it coats the skin. It was a mix of dirt and stickiness that I had to literally scrub off. If was awful. But seemingly unavoidable.
    This is why I prefer hand wipes to using a sanitizer gel. I don't know what the actual difference is in terms of sanitary effectiveness, but the wipes at least give me the psychological impression of removing the ick instead of just coating it in a layer of goo.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    This is why I prefer hand wipes to using a sanitizer gel. I don't know what the actual difference is in terms of sanitary effectiveness, but the wipes at least give me the psychological impression of removing the ick instead of just coating it in a layer of goo.
    Here's a good paper on the subject
    tl;dr synopsis hand wipes sucks less than hand sanitizer at killing germs

We studied this thoroughly before implementing the sanitizer in healthcare. Now, all that shows is dead germs, sanitizer leaves them and the other crud caked on your digits.

Soap and water for 30 seconds is still the best method.
    Last edited by koryp; 04-29-2013 at 10:12 PM.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Probably the most disgusting part of coachella.. Impossible to find a place to wash your Hands with some Friggin Soap! :gag:

Like Can I please Wash my hands properly after I Take a Dump in your disgusting Porta Potties lol

I dont ask for much... please please make it more conveniant for people to Wash their Hands Properly with a proper cleanser

I didn't think that people who used the term, "Take a dump," would be the type to be concerned about sanitizing anything afterwards. It seems more like something that someone who, "has to go to the bathroom," or, "has to make number 2" would be concerned about. And really, after dancing in the Sahara tent like a bunch of sardines, and then fighting our way through the dirt and dust filled turbulance that was occurring in the campground on Sunday Night of W1, the last place I was worried about getting germs from, was my hands.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

1) Learn how to festival. Festivals aren't required to provide hand washing stations. You're in a fucking desert, for Christ's sakes. Bring wipes and hand sanitizers. Or go to the trailer bathrooms; there are sinks with water, soap, and hand sanitizer in there.

2) Learn how to spell. My 8th grade biology teacher's monkey had better grammar.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths