This is the thread where we talk about Savages and how they are emerging to be one of the best new bands of 2013.

Like most people who saw them at Coachella, I was only familiar with their one single they had released from the forthcoming album. I didn't research the band very much and I didn't know what they were all about. I went because a friend basically dragged me to the set and I didn't have any major conflicts. What I witnessed was breathtaking. It was an incredibly powerful and emotionally draining set. They turned out to be one of my favourite acts of the entire festival and immediately after their set finished, their debut album Silence Yourself became one of my most anticipated albums of the year.

Luckily I didn't have to wait too long, because Savages put the album up to stream on their own website this morning.

The album really is phenomenal. Just like their live show, its powerful, tense, and fierce. Pure energy and emotion truly drips out of every pore. I was afraid all of this wouldn't translate to the record, but somehow they did it. It is an absolutely remarkable listen and one of the best albums of the year.

I could keep going on, but before I reach a "sexyback phase"/ "existential fever dream" type comment here, I am going to stop.

Instead, lets discuss Savages.