Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake Posters Thread 2014

Default Re: Fake Posters Thread 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TheVelvetSmudge View Post
    The Sunday conflicts don't even make sense. Not enough stages or compatibility for those names, with a lazy undercard. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you like EDM music... probably quite a bit, if you would name half of those shamblers. No Daft Punk? No Justice? Are you afraid of creating too popular a poster, or a poster with overly popular picks? Try mixing the popular with the dashed hopes of disappointing headliner past (No details. You know what's what. Blur was fun though.) Is this the year people know DP will be there, so they just don't give a fuck? I guess the real question would have to be: Since we know Daft Punk and No Doubt are headlining 2014, and that Rolling Stones will never headline, "Who will headline Friday night?"

The answer is clear. Discuss.
    I find it insulting that your dissing Lou Reed for canceling, the dude had a liver transplant. Thats a pretty damn good excuse for having to back out.

What makes sunday's undercard lazy? Radical Face, Jai Paul, Ministry, Toots, Goldfrapp, the Avalanches, Robbie Draco, El Ten Eleven is anything but lazy. Yes sunday is a bit EDM heavy, but there's plenty of overall diversity that would allow for a convenient schedule.

Main
    DM
    the National
    MGMT
    MIA
    Frightened Rabbit
    OK Go
    Dizzee Rascal
    the Fraetilis
    Mayor Hawthorne
    Solange
    Diarrhea Planet

Outdoor
    ATCQ
    Frank Ocean
    Radical Face
    Tori Amos
    Toots
    Devandra Banhart
    Neko Case
    El Ten Eleven
    the Underachievers
    Lorde

Mojave
    Goldfrapp
    the Avalanches
    Cut Copy
    Phantogram
    Chromatics
    London Grammar
    STRFKR
    Delta Spirit
    Yppah
    Metz

Gobi
    Ministry
    Fuck Buttons
    Tokimonsta
    Jai Paul
    Robi Draco
    Jagwar Ma
    Glass Candy
    Ms Mr
    the 1975
    smallpools

Sahara
    Tiesto
    A&B
    Schulz
    Arty
    Cazzette
    Matt Zo
    Dahlback
    Flosstradamus

Yuma
    Bonobo
    Cirez D
    Derrick Carter
    Gaiser
    Sander Kleinenberg
    Maceo Plex
    Kazzell

Quote Originally Posted by mikebspeedracer View Post
    Arcade Fire and Nine Inch Nails are the two confirmed headliners at this point. Not sure who to surprise headliner will be though but I have a feeling its gonna be Lady Gaga. Put those three artists on the poster and it will sell tickets period.
    You should probably not eat so many paint chips.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Foster the People would headline before arctic monkeys.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

butthurt messiah TheVelvetSmudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    I find it insulting that your dissing Lou Reed for canceling, the dude had a liver transplant. Thats a pretty damn good excuse for having to back out.

What makes sunday's undercard lazy? Radical Face, Jai Paul, Ministry, Toots, Goldfrapp, the Avalanches, Robbie Draco, El Ten Eleven is anything but lazy. Yes sunday is a bit EDM heavy, but there's plenty of overall diversity that would allow for a convenient schedule.

Main
    DM
    the National
    MGMT
    MIA
    Frightened Rabbit
    OK Go
    Dizzee Rascal
    the Fraetilis
    Mayor Hawthorne
    Solange
    Diarrhea Planet

Outdoor
    ATCQ
    Frank Ocean
    Radical Face
    Tori Amos
    Toots
    Devandra Banhart
    Neko Case
    El Ten Eleven
    the Underachievers
    Lorde

Mojave
    Goldfrapp
    the Avalanches
    Cut Copy
    Phantogram
    Chromatics
    London Grammar
    STRFKR
    Delta Spirit
    Yppah
    Metz

Gobi
    Ministry
    Fuck Buttons
    Tokimonsta
    Jai Paul
    Robi Draco
    Jagwar Ma
    Glass Candy
    Ms Mr
    the 1975
    smallpools

Sahara
    Tiesto
    A&B
    Schulz
    Arty
    Cazzette
    Matt Zo
    Dahlback
    Flosstradamus

Yuma
    Bonobo
    Cirez D
    Derrick Carter
    Gaiser
    Sander Kleinenberg
    Maceo Plex
    Kazzell
    Also, let's hope the Yuma either gets a logistics overhaul, or doesn't come back for 2014. You seriously think that MIA>MGMT>The National>DM is a realistic main stage procession? Why aren't there any names on the Outdoor? Wouldn't Toots more likely fill the Rodriguez spot? The last time MIA was at Coachella, she went on just before the headliner of that day (The Killers). The last time MGMT was at Coachella, they went on just before the headliner for the Outdoor stage. Do you see what I'm getting at here? I don't think we'll be seeing MIA on the main stage opening for three other bands on the main stage. Revise. MGMT will either open for the headliner, or close a tent. The National > DM is possible, I suppose. As far as I'm concerned, you made a better poster than I could make (without seriously dedicating an annoying amount of my life to perfecting it). Certain aspects of the poster just stick out as "NO."

I like that Tiesto is restricted to the Sahara, but don't understand why you think Tokimonsta would play anything but the Sahara. Keep it real.

Also, let's hope the Yuma either gets a logistics overhaul, or doesn't come back for 2014.
    Go fuck yourself.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

don't understand why you think Tokimonsta would play anything but the Sahara. Keep it real.
    Sounds like you haven't been to Coachella recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

The last time MIA was at Coachella, she went on just before the headliner of that day (The Killers). The last time MGMT was at Coachella, they went on just before the headliner for the Outdoor stage. Do you see what I'm getting at here? I don't think we'll be seeing MIA on the main stage opening for three other bands on the main stage. Revise. MGMT will either open for the headliner, or close a tent.
    The last time MIA was at Coachella, trufflegate hadn't happened and she didn't have a third album that completely flopped. And a lot of people are over MGMT now after their sophomore slump, refusal to play "Kids", and shitty live shows. Versatility comes with being a washup and they can definitely go on the main early evening, the outdoor at night, or close a tent.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    The last time MIA was at Coachella, trufflegate hadn't happened and she didn't have a third album that completely flopped. And a lot of people are over MGMT now after their sophomore slump, refusal to play "Kids", and shitty live shows. Versatility comes with being a washup and they can definitely go on the main early evening, the outdoor at night, or close a tent.
    GuyInTucson and MIA will headline the YUMA tent one night, with a capacity of thirty lucky strangers. Nausea-overload. I agree with what you're saying, but I'm not sure the people who put this festival together would consider what you're saying when they create the lineup/ set times.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Sounds like you haven't been to Coachella recently.
    What's a Coachella?

Remember Franz Ferdinand? In 2006 they played before the headliner, then played at around 6:30 on the main 3 years later, then played in the Mojave this year?
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

They played the Mojave, but they opened for New Order after ten o'clock. That sort of shits on your argument all over again.

love the new poster.

They played the Mojave, but they opened for New Order after ten o'clock. That sort of shits on your argument all over again.
    Wow, how stupid are you? That completely proves that a former subheadliner can come back with a lower billing and play a smaller stage or an earlier slot on the stage if their popularity has diminished, like I said. Your "argument" was that the MIA can only play second-to-last on the main because she did so once in the past, even though former subheadliners Franz Ferdinand and New Order were just recently slumming it in the Mojave tent. So yeah, the powers that be do consider that stuff and obviously already have.

Keep trying...

Smudge and hockley can have a contest to see who can count to potato the fastest.

GuyInTucson and MIA will headline the YUMA tent one night, with a capacity of thirty lucky strangers. Nausea-overload. I agree with what you're saying, but I'm not sure the people who put this festival together would consider what you're saying when they create the lineup/ set times.

What's a Coachella?
    Are you this year's troll that gets banned, humiliated publicly or chased away by Randy?

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Wow, how stupid are you? That completely proves that a former subheadliner can come back with a lower billing and play a smaller stage or an earlier slot on the stage if their popularity has diminished, like I said. Your "argument" was that the MIA can only play second-to-last on the main because she did so once in the past, even though former subheadliners Franz Ferdinand and New Order were just recently slumming it in the Mojave tent. So yeah, the powers that be do consider that stuff and obviously already have.
    When is the last time an act took the Main stage just before the headliner, then came back years later to open up the Main stage three acts before the headliner? I'll wait while you summon the numbers. The insinuation was that MIA would be whisked off the main stage in order to accommodate someone who belongs there. There's plenty of non-main stage tent action going around. Are you just looking for people to bash without recourse? The point of a debate is to get it down to the decimal, not run off the opposition. Take it easy, guys.

Pretty sure Interpol played earlier in comparison to earlier years they performed
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Pretty sure Interpol played earlier in comparison to earlier years they performed
    MIA has a versatility at Coachella that Interpol and most other live bands don't have. Interpol wouldn't be put in the Sahara, but MIA could be put there pretty easily (no offense, anyone who likes the Sahara and considers MIA to be sub-par). Other than that, I think you're right. Interpol kind of lost popularity after three other bands with similar sounding monotone vocalists came out around the same time, and their one hit I remember on MTV was probably one of the worst songs I had heard by them at that time. Aside from that, I'd blame the Caifanes phenomenon for any abnormalities that day.

The Caifanes phenomenon? You're a delight.

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The Caifanes phenomenon? You're a delight.
    They're the reason why the festival sold out so fast, dummy. Supre called it.

They're the reason why the festival sold out so fast, dummy. Supre called it.
    The entire Friday schedule: based around Caifanes, according to Caifanes demands.

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Coachella should be eternally grateful that Caifanes even agreed to play their little festival.

MIA has a versatility at Coachella that Interpol and most other live bands don't have. Interpol wouldn't be put in the Sahara, but MIA could be put there pretty easily (no offense, anyone who likes the Sahara and considers MIA to be sub-par). Other than that, I think you're right. Interpol kind of lost popularity after three other bands with similar sounding monotone vocalists came out around the same time, and their one hit I remember on MTV was probably one of the worst songs I had heard by them at that time. Aside from that, I'd blame the Caifanes phenomenon for any abnormalities that day.
    Tell us more of your theories...

Arctic Monkeys could 100% headline, and it would be validated. Let alone their extensive catalogue which will include a new album by Coachella, their second Glasto headlining performance was widely considered fantastic and they have steadily been popular in the states. By Coachella's standards they are already suited to top the bill and the fact that they could is inarguable. Besides the fact that they performed in 2012 there's no reason to discredit them headlining, take a look at the names headlining the past few years and tell me different.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    if he is scared of your noodle you may not get in with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    This is a muthafucking jam right here. Do you guys even get laid?

Quote Originally Posted by Highly Refined Pirate View Post
    Arctic Monkeys could 100% headline, and it would be validated. Let alone their extensive catalogue which will include a new album by Coachella, their second Glasto headlining performance was widely considered fantastic and they have steadily been popular in the states. By Coachella's standards they are already suited to top the bill and the fact that they could is inarguable. Besides the fact that they performed in 2012 there's no reason to discredit them headlining, take a look at the names headlining the past few years and tell me different.

Boourns and I have already addressed each and every one of these points. Their 2012 set was empty. Following up to that, they were playing what? 1400 person venues? Did any of those shows sell out? Blur and Stone Roses headlined because they're extremely rare and don't play the US every year like the Arctic Monkeys. The Black Keys headlined because they sell a lot of records, their music is on every radio station, every tv commercial, played at every US sporting event, etc.

Glastonbury and Coachella are not the same festival. Kylie Minogue, Stereophonics, and Moby have headlined Glastonbury. Does that mean they're Coachella headliners? No, it doesn't.

EDIT* That being said, I don't care either way if they headline or not. I don't hate them or anything. I also said I could see them headlining if their next record is an absolute mega-hit. I just don't think it's a slam dunk/brainer.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 07-31-2013 at 08:11 PM.

If that were the lineup, the headliner would be Beck, not Arctic Monkeys.

Their 2012 set was empty.
    I call bullshit right there. For that time of the day and least crowded day, it was pretty packed. Pulp or Stone Roses is the definition of empty.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xq7...set-2012_music
    (2:04)

I still don't endorse them as a headliner regardless.
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

So, the crowd was to the soundboard? "Empty" might not have been the right word, but it's definitely not a big crowd. Their 2007 set was substantially more crowded if my memory serves me correctly.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

arctic monkeys is a realistic headliner. in the sense that every coachella lineup has a band headlining that doesn't deserve to headline.

Oh man I LOVE the Arctic Monkeys.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what