Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oldchella Festival. Would you go?

Default Re: Oldchella Festival. Would you go?

Amount is used in reference to mass nouns (i.e., uncountable nouns such as bravery, water, and charisma). Number is used in reference to count nouns (i.e., countable nouns such as dog, year, and eyeball).

For example, because the noun person can be counted, the phrase amount of people might be considered incorrect. The distinction tends to weaken, however, when we’re talking about great numbers. The amount of people in the room would sound wrong to many careful speakers of English, while the amount of people in China would not seem so glaringly wrong (though many English-speakers would still consider it questionable). In any case, it’s always safer to use number in situations like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

What if it was one REALLY FUCKING BIG LASER?

What's this tell us? Old people are grumpy and fickle.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

You should have known that already though.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Yeah, I know.

I spent a few hours standing behind a Depeche Mode cover band a couple of days ago. It was an impromptu band meeting on the importance of kicking in capital to take them to the next level and how hiring another person to do a video would be a waste of money because they would not be able to “capture” them.

Anyways, Martin (made up for the sake of this conversation) went on in a raised voice pontificating why Coachella was such a rip off. He stated, “Why would I spend all of that money to only see 3 really good bands and a bunch of nobodies”. Back and forth they went, “I remember seeing New Order at the Universal Amphitheatre…Duran Duran…”. They were out of a time capsule. I don’t even think a free ticket would help them get to the polo fields with an open mind.

I was telling my friend Teresa (nickname because she is an angel to put up with my friend) that I normally have a low self esteem about myself, but those few hours made me feel good.

Very long story short, let’s skip the old people festival. It’s a great idea in theory, but it will be predictably miserable.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

If by Oldchella you mean 21 and up, then yes!

If it ain't broken, why fix it?

Coachella is Coachella for the diversity of acts that are there. If it's split into pieces, it'd lose its major appeal. I like seeing geezer bands as well as cutting edge unknowns at the same festival.. it makes Coachella awesome and something worth looking forward to all year.

Now that Coachella '13 is over, the wait begins for '14... don't fuck it up GV!
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Everyone in this thread should go get a copy of Pylon's Chomp if you don't already have it. You should listen to it. Then you should listen to it again. Then you should thank me.

Guadalcanal Diary were pretty damned awesome too. If Stone Roses can headline, so can they.

Good song, good album, great version of Kum-bA-Yah.

But you are way out of line with your premise.

Guadalcanal Diary could not headline the Tiki Room these days.

I would travel to the ends of the earth see the original line-up of R.E.M. headline an Old-chella.

Sure, let Guadalcanal Diary sub, why not?

I am oldchella.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post

Guadalcanal Diary could not headline the Tiki Room these days.
    Yet, could be a fit for the Gobi at Oldchella. Hence, the genesis of the idea.

No...well maybe, depends on the line up i guess. But I am a traveler from the east coast so it would have to be really REALLY stellar line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I have to wonder about how many people who actually cared about Blur/The Stone Roses/Nick Cave got shut out for tickets and didn't want to bother with stubhub. A lot of people don't, surprisingly, even when passes are discounted.

Anyway, I'd love to see some fest with Neil Young, Stevie Wonder, Elton John as headliners, plus My Bloody Valentine, Pulp, Blur, some incarnation of Nick Cave, Elvis Costello, and some 80s/90s acts that nobody under the age of 30 cares about like Tears for Fears, Erasure, Devo, Pet Shop Boys, Cibo Matto, Jesus and Mary Chain, Lush, Ride, Slowdive, Sparks, Lou Reed, Suicide, Joan Jett, etc. And definitely some newer acts, as well, just not the typical trendy synthpop bands and EDM acts. Would be all over that.
    under 30 and would love to see these bands including Depeche Mode. Sad that Lou Reed was taken off the line-up this year =(

Anyone who cares more about Pet Shop Boys than Elvis Costello should just kill themselves right now. Go ahead, hang yourself with a bedsheet in the basement, life holds nothing for you.
    Last edited by TomAz; 04-27-2013 at 03:49 PM.