Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coachella 2013 Thoughts/Experiences

Default Re: Coachella 2013 Thoughts/Experiences

Also I just want to say thank you to the OP for starting this thread. I have been wanting to have a thread where people talked about their experiences!!!!! You're super awesome, thanks!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Happy Coachella, Tom.

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

Tom, you're in such a disgustingly enlightened mood...
    Papi Piratón!

I’m remembering the quiet time off the polo fields right now. Specifically, being the only person on the street, with the exception of an occasional cab bringing people home or a solo bike rider. The brisk wind was cooling my warm skin. A cigarette was in between my fingers. I was drinking a glass of beer that refreshed me. It never made me drunk. To plan for something, 6 months in my case, and to finally be appreciating every second that slowly passed was just exhilarating. It was at those times that I smiled the most. I didn’t want to go to bed. Those beautiful nights will always be in my memory and heart. This is making me miss those nights all over again.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

2013 was my third Coachella since 2010 (I skipped 2012), and I'll never miss another one again! I hadn't even planned on going because money was really tight, they didn't release the lineup, none of my friends wanted to go (for the same reasons), etc. As luck would have it, my sister bought an extra ticket and one of her friends bailed. She offered it to me about two weeks prior to the second weekend. I was hesitant, but accepted it on the promise that I would pay her back over time.

It was an absolute blast! Even though I didn't know her friends, and was mostly on my own the whole time, I'll never skip this festival ever again. We did stuff I had never done before like the Art Studio and Do Lab (I'm not much of a "dance guy", but that shit was fun as hell!). I barely knew anyone on the lineup (I was super stoked for Purity Ring!), but it didn't matter. Everyone is good. World class, even. They wouldn't book acts that weren't amazing. It was a ginormous collection of fuzzy memories that I wouldn't trade for anything.

Additionally, we only had two camping spots, and I had become accustomed to camping with no less than four (tarp city!). It didn't matter at all. We made friends with our neighbors and there was more than enough space to stretch our legs. Grillin, chillin, sharing all manner of consumable inebriates. Three days of magic. I love you, Coachella. I love you so hard.

I liked the grass between my toes and the sun in my hair...

I never realized how much I took cold water, clean hands, and shade for granted.

spicy pie. going in, not coming out so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up View Post
    a cunt punt is always the best solution to cure someone of their bitchassness
    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Gay is the answer to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by demosthenocke View Post
    2013 was my third Coachella since 2010 (I skipped 2012), and I'll never miss another one again! I hadn't even planned on going because money was really tight, they didn't release the lineup, none of my friends wanted to go (for the same reasons), etc. As luck would have it, my sister bought an extra ticket and one of her friends bailed. She offered it to me about two weeks prior to the second weekend. I was hesitant, but accepted it on the promise that I would pay her back over time.

It was an absolute blast! Even though I didn't know her friends, and was mostly on my own the whole time, I'll never skip this festival ever again. We did stuff I had never done before like the Art Studio and Do Lab (I'm not much of a "dance guy", but that shit was fun as hell!). I barely knew anyone on the lineup (I was super stoked for Purity Ring!), but it didn't matter. Everyone is good. World class, even. They wouldn't book acts that weren't amazing. It was a ginormous collection of fuzzy memories that I wouldn't trade for anything.

Additionally, we only had two camping spots, and I had become accustomed to camping with no less than four (tarp city!). It didn't matter at all. We made friends with our neighbors and there was more than enough space to stretch our legs. Grillin, chillin, sharing all manner of consumable inebriates. Three days of magic. I love you, Coachella. I love you so hard.
    tl;dr
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

There weren't enough people on drugs. Coachella needs more crazy drug addicts is my only concern. other than that the frozen lemonade was just delightful!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.

August 1 - Echo and the Bunnymen - Orpheum
    August 4 - Arcade Fire - SB Bowl
    August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    I’m remembering the quiet time off the polo fields right now. Specifically, being the only person on the street, with the exception of an occasional cab bringing people home or a solo bike rider. The brisk wind was cooling my warm skin. A cigarette was in between my fingers. I was drinking a glass of beer that refreshed me. It never made me drunk. To plan for something, 6 months in my case, and to finally be appreciating every second that slowly passed was just exhilarating. It was at those times that I smiled the most. I didn’t want to go to bed. Those beautiful nights will always be in my memory and heart. This is making me miss those nights all over again.
    :')