Thread: "Chella" the lost Chihuahua...

Default "Chella" the lost Chihuahua...

This is an older female chihuahua that was found by some Coachella goers on Avenue 52 on Sunday (4-21). After they parked, they left the dog in the car with the window cracked. Coachella production was alerted to this and had a locksmith get her out. She is temporarily named Chella until we find out her real name. She is safe, comfortable and staying at a house with us nearby Washington and Ave 50. we took her to the Coachella Valley City County Animal Shelter Monday to see if anyone was searching. Sadly she is not chipped and the tag she is wearing is a rabies vaccine tag from 2011 that matches another dog in the system. we got her nails clipped while there and the woman doing it recognized her. She said the owner is a woman living in the Coachella Valley who brought Chella in for shots. If you recognize this well behaved and sweet dog, please let the owner know.

Default Re: "Chella" the lost Chihuahua...

Did the people who left her in the car with the window cracked plan on getting help and returning very quickly? If not they should be kicked in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Not too sure on their intentions. Never got the details on that part of the story.

Stop bringing dogs to coachella wtf people.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

i don't think the owner brought her to Coachella. From what we can piece together, she must have got out and wandered over to Avenue 52 where the people going to Coachella found her. No info on the cross street closest.

I'll adopt her!
    Papi Piratón!

It's probably some stupid girls dog that got to big and is no longer cute enough for her so she just let it go. People seem to be doing that alot with Chihuahuas lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Wait what? She was found in a locked car right? That's terrible.

But then the second comment you made sounds like she was found wandering on Ave 52.

Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    I'll adopt her!
    Before it gets to that, we really want to try to find the owner. we imagine she must be heart broken. Not to hip to modern means of tracking animals like chipping; or even older means like a proper tag (but that could have been lost in Chella's adventure).

Quote Originally Posted by TheRotten42 View Post
    It's probably some stupid girls dog that got to big and is no longer cute enough for her so she just let it go. People seem to be doing that alot with Chihuahuas lately.
    She's pretty tiny and quite adorable.

so was she wandering around or in a car?
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Wait what? She was found in a locked car right? That's terrible.

But then the second comment you made sounds like she was found wandering on Ave 52.
    Dog was wandering Ave 52 when people going to Coachella found her. They parked and left her in the car with the window cracked. People parked next to the car alerted Psychic Friend who got a locksmith to get her out. No clarity on the intentions of the people who left her in the car were going to come back at some point. Estimated temperature in the car: muther fucking HOT.

hmm

At some point would have likely been too late. Cars get hot quick when parked in the desert sun. Kudos to the people who contacted PF, they probably saved her.

So the dog was out for a walk. Gets abducted and locked in a car. Another group of dognappers came along, break into a car, and abduct it for the 2nd time in an hour. Poor dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

^That first day must have been quite traumatic for her, but i can assure you she is being treated like a member of the family and acts like she owns this house.

we have searched craigslist, google and the lost and found board at the Coachella Valley City County Animal Shelter. Hopefully someone local has heard about a neighbor losing a long time friend.

Chella is adorable! Glad she is safe, and hopefully you can find her owner soon, or a new happy home.

I was just parking in the same lot when Psychic Friend and the rest of the Coachella crew were rescuing her from the black car she had been left in. The details of how she ended up there were a little spotty and a lot of people in the area were mad at the fact that she had been left there. I understand the people who found her may have been trying to help, but yeah leaving her in the car was not smart.

But yeah really glad everyone in the parking lot was on top of it, and that she has tons of cool Coachella people looking out for her now!
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Whoooooo lets their dog wander around without a name-tag/ emergency contacts? I understand it might have gotten out or whatever... but still this is why dogs have collars. Seems so dumb to me.

There is no question there is a lot of dumb going on here, but the first thing we would like to do is get Chella back to her person.

it may have escaped from Paris Hilton. might not want to return it if that's the case
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Before it gets to that, we really want to try to find the owner. we imagine she must be heart broken. Not to hip to modern means of tracking animals like chipping; or even older means like a proper tag (but that could have been lost in Chella's adventure).
    Godspeed on finding the owner...if all fails I'll be more than happy to give her a proper home with us...seriously
    Papi Piratón!

WANT.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

I'm more interested in finding the imbeciles who thought it would be a GOOD IDEA to leave a dog in a car soaking up the desert sun. WHAT THE FUCK? Was Dog Blood SO IMPORTANT that you couldn't call Animal Control first you morons?

Before jumping to the worst conclusions on their motivations to leave her in their car (agreed on it being a horrible move), i'd like to hear their side before wanting to string them up.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    Did the people who left her in the car with the window cracked plan on getting help and returning very quickly? If not they should be kicked in the face.
    Seriously this. I guess these people could be young and stupid and not familiar with desert climate, but for christ's sakes. I would think it would be common sense to not leave a living being in a parked car with the window cracked when it's 95 outside.

A study from Stanford University shows that even on comparatively cool days, such as 72 degrees, a car's internal temperature will rocket to 116 degrees within 60 minutes. And keeping the windows open a crack hardly slows the rise at all.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

If a cop from Arizona is stupid enough to leave his police dog in a hot car for hours, then I guess I can't expect much from young festival goers... Although, a good kick in the face is still needed, just so they don't make the mistake again.

Don't recognize the dog but pretty sure that's James Murphy holding her.

I think it's awesome you two are taking the time to help this little dog. You could have just let security and animal control deal with the situation at the festival and gone on your way.

Hey have you guys posted a Lost Dog profile in the lost and found area of the Palm Springs Craigslist?

Also, found this:

http://www.fidofinder.com/dog.php?id=364805
    Last edited by captncrzy; 04-24-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Sent my number on the chance this dog has been gone for 3 weeks. Doubtful unless she had ben shacking up with various strangers on her way to Coachella. Dog was/is in pretty good shape.