Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 32

Thread: Don't Belive The Hype

  1. #1
    old school Cheddar's Cousin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    La Quinta, CA
    Posts
    2,730

    Default Don't Belive The Hype

    Weekend 2 2013 was the worst Coachella ever.
    Security stuck their fingers up everyone's butt at both check points.
    Water was sold for $4.00 a bottle to make up for all the money they lost selling it for $2.00 the week before.
    It was 120 degrees at noon and stayed that way until the sun went down and the temp immediately dropped to 28.
    Every tent was packed out the back for every show.
    Not a single PA system worked at any show I attended.
    Douches...oh, the douches...seas and seas of douches...

    I could go on, but you get the point. Stay away from weekend 2 next year and for eternity.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    Its ok man , I'm drinking too.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

  3. #3
    Member footixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresh Snow
    Posts
    1,936

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    can we get a rant for wknd 1 as well...maybe that'll send the herd towards stagecoach
    Papi Piratón!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    quality thread 5 stars
    DRUGS ON KIDS

  5. #5
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    41,095

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    I loved Weekend 2....except for the dust. Fuck that.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar's Cousin View Post
    Weekend 2 2013 was the worst Coachella ever.
    Security stuck their fingers up everyone's butt at both check points.
    Water was sold for $4.00 a bottle to make up for all the money they lost selling it for $2.00 the week before.
    It was 120 degrees at noon and stayed that way until the sun went down and the temp immediately dropped to 28.
    Every tent was packed out the back for every show.
    Not a single PA system worked at any show I attended.
    Douches...oh, the douches...seas and seas of douches...

    I could go on, but you get the point. Stay away from weekend 2 next year and for eternity.
    Well played. The lost money on water is my favorite gag. I bought two cases of water for a buck each at big lots for camping, lol.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    This thread makes me actually LOL. If I've learned one thing from reading this message board it's that the people who choose to post on it are extremely negative. I went weekend 2 this year and experienced really none of those problems.

    - Security was so laid back I was amazed. My group arrived around 11 on Thursday night for car camping and although the wait was long we had no issues with security. We had forgetten we had a full handle of tequila in our car and when security found it they actually HELPED us find plastic water bottles in our car and let us transfer the tequila into them before we entered car camping. Daily security checks into the festival grounds were also a breeze. Rarely waited over 10 minutes and was able to bring in full bottles of water multiple times without issue.

    - This $4 water thing is a lie. I bought bottles of water inside the festival all weekend at least once at every stage and was not once charged more than $2. Not sure who you were buying water from but they ripped you off. Also, you can avoid buying water all together by bringing in your own water bottle and refilling it.

    - The heat wasn't unbearable. Yeah, Sunday was very hot and sometimes it felt like my brain was melting but um, its the desert? You did know that going into this right? And, 28*? Complete exaggeration. If anything Sunday night was warmest night in my opinion.

    - Every tent was not packed out the back for every show. 100% false statement. There were a handful that were. 2 chainz and a few (2 or 3) sahara sets that I saw were the worst and were packed outside of the tents, but I spent most of my days in and out of the tents and other than those occassions I had no issues getting under the tent with plenty of dancing room.

    - Not a single PA system worked? Uhhh, we were not at the same festival. Some bands had issues here and there, mics that seriously needed to be turned up or drums that were toooooo much, but overall I have very few complaints.

    - Douches are everywhere, face the facts. I honestly ran into two issues where aggressively bumped into. If anything the douches I encountered were the ones I over-heard staring people down and saying they "didn't belong" at coachella and hoped they stayed at sahara all day. I mean really, it's a music festival, why judge anyone on the reasons they are there, or how they dress, or what music they listen to? Seems a bit juvenile to me and completely ruins the vibes of the festival. Love and be loved people, no need to be rude. Also, for the record, I made the mistake of going to EDC NYC last summer and trust me, you don't know what a douche is until you've endured that. Whatever you may have experienced last weekend couldnt even compare to that.

    **Overall this was the best festival experience I've ever had. Amazing crowd, everyone who worked there was beyond helpful and nice, great weather, beautiful surroundings and amazing music. If I go back next year I will definitely be going weekend 2. Only downside I saw was the dust, but wrap a bandana around your nose and you're golden. Seriously don't listen to this guy, I'm sure some people had bad experiences, but I have to imagine it's because they were looking for things to pick at and be grouchy about. If you are going with an open mind and to have a good time, you will. Leave the bad vibes at home and rage on.
    Last edited by Maude_; 04-25-2013 at 08:32 AM.

  8. #8
    Member swiftmaggot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    slut
    Posts
    204

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    ^this guy gets it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    Listen to Ron if you don't want to listen to me. Or will you call his experience into question as well? He's probably one of the most (if not THE most) respected members of this board.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    Quote Originally Posted by Maude_ View Post
    This thread makes me actually LOL. If I've learned one thing from reading this message board it's that the people who choose to post on it are extremely negative. I went weekend 2 this year and experienced really none of those problems.

    - Security was so laid back I was amazed. My group arrived around 11 on Thursday night for car camping and although the wait was long we had no issues with security. We had forgetten we had a full handle of tequila in our car and when security found it they actually HELPED us find plastic water bottles in our car and let us transfer the tequila into them before we entered car camping. Daily security checks into the festival grounds were also a breeze. Rarely waited over 10 minutes and was able to bring in full bottles of water multiple times without issue.

    - This $4 water thing is a lie. I bought bottles of water inside the festival all weekend at least once at every stage and was not once charged more than $2. Not sure who you were buying water from but they ripped you off. Also, you can avoid buying water all together by bringing in your own water bottle and refilling it.

    - The heat wasn't unbearable. Yeah, Sunday was very hot and sometimes it felt like my brain was melting but um, its the desert? You did know that going into this right? And, 28*? Complete exaggeration. If anything Sunday night was warmest night in my opinion.

    - Every tent was not packed out the back for every show. 100% false statement. There were a handful that were. 2 chainz and a few (2 or 3) sahara sets that I saw were the worst and were packed outside of the tents, but I spent most of my days in and out of the tents and other than those occassions I had no issues getting under the tent with plenty of dancing room.

    - Not a single PA system worked? Uhhh, we were not at the same festival. Some bands had issues here and there, mics that seriously needed to be turned up or drums that were toooooo much, but overall I have very few complaints.

    - Douches are everywhere, face the facts. I honestly ran into two issues where aggressively bumped into. If anything the douches I encountered were the ones I over-heard staring people down and saying they "didn't belong" at coachella and hoped they stayed at sahara all day. I mean really, it's a music festival, why judge anyone on the reasons they are there, or how they dress, or what music they listen to? Seems a bit juvenile to me and completely ruins the vibes of the festival. Love and be loved people, no need to be rude. Also, for the record, I made the mistake of going to EDC NYC last summer and trust me, you don't know what a douche is until you've endured that. Whatever you may have experienced last weekend couldnt even compare to that.

    **Overall this was the best festival experience I've ever had. Amazing crowd, everyone who worked there was beyond helpful and nice, great weather, beautiful surroundings and amazing music. If I go back next year I will definitely be going weekend 2. Only downside I saw was the dust, but wrap a bandana around your nose and you're golden. Seriously don't listen to this guy, I'm sure some people had bad experiences, but I have to imagine it's because they were looking for things to pick at and be grouchy about. If you are going with an open mind and to have a good time, you will. Leave the bad vibes at home and rage on.
    Quoted for lolz

  10. #10
    Member skavenbrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dana Point, CA
    Posts
    315

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    Someone's sarcasm bone is flat out broke.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    Quote Originally Posted by skavenbrew View Post
    Someone's sarcasm bone is flat out broke.
    That would be me. But for real, with all the trolls on this damn message board its literally impossible to tell who is being a dick, being sarcastic or being honest.

  12. #12
    Cult Leader koryp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    3,303

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    Stupidity is the new reading comprehension.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

  13. #13
    old school frizzlefry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,704

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    Some days i wish we had a font for sarcasm but then people like Maude get on the computer
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Around the way
    Posts
    196

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    my first "huh?"...oh...sarcasm of the day. Thank you.

  15. #15
    old school Cheddar's Cousin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    La Quinta, CA
    Posts
    2,730

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    No! I'm totally serious...Weekend 1 is where it's at.*

    *Purple The color of sarcasm.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

  16. #16
    Member djbionik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    742

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    Quote Originally Posted by Maude_ View Post
    This thread makes me actually LOL. If I've learned one thing from reading this message board it's that the people who choose to post on it are extremely negative. I went weekend 2 this year and experienced really none of those problems.

    - Security was so laid back I was amazed. My group arrived around 11 on Thursday night for car camping and although the wait was long we had no issues with security. We had forgetten we had a full handle of tequila in our car and when security found it they actually HELPED us find plastic water bottles in our car and let us transfer the tequila into them before we entered car camping. Daily security checks into the festival grounds were also a breeze. Rarely waited over 10 minutes and was able to bring in full bottles of water multiple times without issue.

    - This $4 water thing is a lie. I bought bottles of water inside the festival all weekend at least once at every stage and was not once charged more than $2. Not sure who you were buying water from but they ripped you off. Also, you can avoid buying water all together by bringing in your own water bottle and refilling it.

    - The heat wasn't unbearable. Yeah, Sunday was very hot and sometimes it felt like my brain was melting but um, its the desert? You did know that going into this right? And, 28*? Complete exaggeration. If anything Sunday night was warmest night in my opinion.

    - Every tent was not packed out the back for every show. 100% false statement. There were a handful that were. 2 chainz and a few (2 or 3) sahara sets that I saw were the worst and were packed outside of the tents, but I spent most of my days in and out of the tents and other than those occassions I had no issues getting under the tent with plenty of dancing room.

    - Not a single PA system worked? Uhhh, we were not at the same festival. Some bands had issues here and there, mics that seriously needed to be turned up or drums that were toooooo much, but overall I have very few complaints.

    - Douches are everywhere, face the facts. I honestly ran into two issues where aggressively bumped into. If anything the douches I encountered were the ones I over-heard staring people down and saying they "didn't belong" at coachella and hoped they stayed at sahara all day. I mean really, it's a music festival, why judge anyone on the reasons they are there, or how they dress, or what music they listen to? Seems a bit juvenile to me and completely ruins the vibes of the festival. Love and be loved people, no need to be rude. Also, for the record, I made the mistake of going to EDC NYC last summer and trust me, you don't know what a douche is until you've endured that. Whatever you may have experienced last weekend couldnt even compare to that.

    **Overall this was the best festival experience I've ever had. Amazing crowd, everyone who worked there was beyond helpful and nice, great weather, beautiful surroundings and amazing music. If I go back next year I will definitely be going weekend 2. Only downside I saw was the dust, but wrap a bandana around your nose and you're golden. Seriously don't listen to this guy, I'm sure some people had bad experiences, but I have to imagine it's because they were looking for things to pick at and be grouchy about. If you are going with an open mind and to have a good time, you will. Leave the bad vibes at home and rage on.
    YES. THIS, over and over again. This was my 7th Coachella, and I gotta say Wk 2 was the best ever. Sure security was crazy, but it's allll how you look at it, how you take care of each other and your attitude. I had the best time, went to some great shows with terrific sound, met some fabulously happy and fun people, and it was so easy to avoid the douchy-bags because they made such big asses of themselves all you had to do was pick the other direction.
    I noticed people who had poor taste had a poor time. I know it's terribly snobbish to say so, but it is true. When you depend on the sheeple, you are bound to get steered wrong, ripped off, lost in a crowd and not just believe in bad hype, but help blow it up yourself. I also noticed a lot of board members on the field... all with piss poor attitudes and waaaay too loud opinions. It's like they breathe bad vibes. I wanted so badly to say "hey, I know you from the board! I have this to say to you.. " but lots of them were talking so loudly out their asses and ain't nobody got time for that!

    I got to the campgrounds at 11am Thursday when Security was checking every fucking thing, and we were fine because we helped them out, gave up anything they were looking for (my cooking knives, whoopsies) and they also helped us get plastic bottles for my glass. Totally cool. We were on first name basis by the end of the week, I brought them bubbles to play with and high fives, and funny stories of funny people inside. They loved it. Better to have them on your side then against you.

    You totally got ripped off on the water! ha.. I probably spent $4 all weekend, what with the refillable water stations and secret spots to fill them. Sillies.

    It was never 120 degrees, and never 28! Maude is right, did you not prepare for the weather? I was easy breezy and planned where I wanted to be during the hot hours and nourished myself with watermelon and boba tea.. works great for hot weather.

    The only packed show I went to was Moby. And I did that on purpose! hahah I sat on my giant friend's shoulders during a couple songs and got on the big screen. Yah whooo! Other than that, if there was a big crowd, I didn't notice. I was up front, or way back having a grand time with plenty of space.

    The great thing about Wk 1 vs Wk 2 is the sorting out of the sound issues vs sorting out who is really a great performer worth listening to. I was able to eliminate acts that just didn't cut it for me, and see other shows. The great ones that had issues last week sounded FABULOUS wk 2.

    I could have bitched about a few things. I lost my phone Thursday night, on my own account. I probably shook it out of my pocket, or just misplaced it. I saw that people weren't turning in phones very much, and saw a lot of douchy-bags try to sell things for money to get more drugs. But you know what, I just walked right up to them and reminded them how much it sucks to start all over- your contacts, bank info, etc. when you lose your phone. And that Karma is only as good as you are, and I believe I turned them around. PS, someone did in fact find my phone late on MONDAY and it is now on its way back to me, so there.
    I could have bitched about lines, but I planned around it. Entitled bitches in VIP were too stupid or too lazy to just look around and hang with the gentiles in the shorter lines around the corner. Ugh, good for laughs, those VIPers. They kept me giggling all weekend. I didn't wait for more than 20 minutes FOR ANYTHING! And that one time I did wait 20 minutes was for Yuma before Four Tet, and it was just fine. I made friends in line, they smoked me up, and it was all good.


    Looks like you just did it wrong, friend. I'm sorry that sucked for you. Better attitude next time, and I promise things change.
    02,06,07,08,10,11,13,

  17. #17
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,558

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  18. #18
    Member footixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fresh Snow
    Posts
    1,936

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    YES. THIS, over and over again. This was my 7th Coachella, and I gotta say Wk 2 was the best ever. Sure security was crazy, but it's allll how you look at it, how you .....

    Looks like you just did it wrong, friend. I'm sorry that sucked for you. Better attitude next time, and I promise things change.
    Happy Coachella Everybody!
    Papi Piratón!

  19. #19
    Member chbludevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    766

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    What the hell is going on in here

  20. #20
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,558

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    What the hell is going on in here
    OP wrote an ironic list of overblown, nonexistent problems to discourage people from going to weekend 2, thereby keeping it more chill than weekend 1 in the future.

    Not one, but two different weekend 2 attendees then showed up and, after having missed the joke, took on point-by-point refutations of the overblown, nonexistent problems listed in the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  21. #21
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,648

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    I belive.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    how....what...

  23. #23
    Member Godspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,263

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    I agree with OP. Weekend 2 was shitty. I'll probably go again next year, but not by choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

  24. #24
    Member chbludevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    766

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    OP wrote an ironic list of overblown, nonexistent problems to discourage people from going to weekend 2, thereby keeping it more chill than weekend 1 in the future.

    Not one, but two different weekend 2 attendees then showed up and, after having missed the joke, took on point-by-point refutations of the overblown, nonexistent problems listed in the OP.
    Thank you for this detailed response to my rhetorical question.

  25. #25
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,558

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    Hey at this point in the thread, I'm not putting anything past people.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

  26. #26
    Member chbludevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    766

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    Haha I totally understand. after the 1st person responded it was kind of cute then once the 2nd person responded I was basically dumbstruck

  27. #27
    Member welgo800's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    339

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    i never saw one douche. where do douches usually hang out? do they move in large groups? when i see a douche, how will i know its a douche?
    No Shirt
    No Shoes
    No Dice

    Learn it. Know it. Live it.

  28. #28
    Member PulpOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    292

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    Quote Originally Posted by welgo800 View Post
    i never saw one douche. where do douches usually hang out? do they move in large groups? when i see a douche, how will i know its a douche?
    Let it go man. Let it go.

  29. #29
    Member djbionik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    742

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    It's like they breathe bad vibes. ...talking so loudly out their asses and ain't nobody got time for that!

    Quote Originally Posted by footixy View Post
    Happy Coachella Everybody!
    Back at ya!
    02,06,07,08,10,11,13,

  30. #30
    old school Drewski27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California's Elbow
    Posts
    5,306

    Default Re: Don't Belive The Hype

    This is all quite silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

    September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Similar Threads

  1. I Just Don't Get the Hype
    By TallGuyCM in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 873
    Last Post: 12-16-2014, 06:34 AM
  2. NME Hype Bands
    By PierogiHead in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 11:39 AM
  3. Deadmau5 Hype
    By brando4n82 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 12:24 AM
  4. Believe the Hype?
    By LooseAtTheZoo in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 06:32 PM
  5. what is this hype about?
    By Bsmith20008 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 01:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •