Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is There Any Conceivable Way They Could Make It Tolerable To Walk Down To The Sahara?

Default Re: Is There Any Conceivable Way They Could Make It Tolerable To Walk Down To The Sah

A giant rainbow bridge from the main to the sahara, like the one leading into asgard
    09,10,12w1,13w1

Default Re: Is There Any Conceivable Way They Could Make It Tolerable To Walk Down To The Sah

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    The only answer I can really think of is that the whole food beer garden area over there needs to be completely removed or shifted to where the Rose Garden is. But frankly I think the festival in general could benefit from the area up by the Yuma just being turned into a MASSIVE food area with a beer garden wrap around and let it be almost a place of quiet respite. I used to love that area last year, this year the fucking thumping from the crap they were playing in the Yuma just sucked.

Or how bout this: no food whatsoever over by the Sahara, tear those fences down, put a half GA/half VIP beer garden over by the Rose Garden, and if any of the tweakers in the Sahara want food (they won't) they can come up to the Yuma area to the big food court.
    Not a bad idea, but those stands that are over there are part of the Polo Field infrastructure. If they could change the location of those stands, then they could get rid of that beer garden. I do not like that those stands are not directly behind a tent.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Wow. Well that's a terrible fucking answer.
    Well, I wish I could take back the time I spent creating that beautiful graphic. But I can't.
    Coachellabound 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 Fuck I'm Old Now.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

since the rumor is that they're expanding the grounds next year, maybe they'll address this.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - R÷yksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    So, when you said, "buy a VIP pass next year?" you were actually suggesting that GV should address this problem by changing the layout of the Rose Garden so that it isn't all VIP?
    This is exactly the opposite of what I was suggesting. If dude wants to avoid the crowds and enjoy the Sahara while hanging out with a beer, he should get a VIP pass and hear the Sahara sets from the Rose Garden.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

just a side note...the do lab was moved by the entrance/exit...imagine the soundbleed into the campgrounds

@chbludevil...fuck the gumber guy
    Last edited by footixy; 04-23-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    Papi Piratˇn!

Lollapalooza is nowhere near as cool as Coachella, but they have a lot more space to work with.

Their Sahara "Perry's" is the size of our Coachella Stage (Main) and it gets PACKED... last year for Bassnectar was like the crowd for Radiohead at Chella
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    since the rumor is that they're expanding the grounds next year, maybe they'll address this.
    My hope is that the sahara gets moved to lot 1.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

lulz

Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Buy a VIP pass next year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    this too, really bothered me this year. during moby all i wanted to do is hang way back and just sort of passively absorb the set, but there was no space to do so and i left after 20 minutes. when we took the big group photo it became really clear just how little space there was between the back of the sahara and the fence for the beer garden.

the only thing i can think of would be:
    a) move the rose garden/VIP elsewhere and make that a beer garden. or make the front half of it a regular beer garden and the area beyond it VIP? this would allow more space directly back from the sahara.
    ^ This is what I was referring to.
    This is exactly the opposite of what I was suggesting. If dude wants to avoid the crowds and enjoy the Sahara while hanging out with a beer, he should get a VIP pass and hear the Sahara sets from the Rose Garden.
    I mean, yeah, you don't look like a total moronic asshole here.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Exactly, I don't.

(waits for some smart aleck comment about how I am just way to dumb or autistic to understand Guedita's special brand of sarcasm)

Upcoming shows
    Events

It's not sarcasm, you are a fucking stupid asshole. Let's break it down:

1. Randy proposes a particular problem about actual space between the Sahara and the Beer Garden behind the Sahara
    2. VicViper suggests a set of solutions, one of which includes making the Rose Garden NOT VIP, with more actual space for regular ticket holders as a beer garden from which to view the Sahara
    3. You, stupidly, suggest, and I quote "Buy a VIP pass next year?" ignoring the actual problem that Randy has laid out, like an asshole.
    4. Tom, and then I, point out that your "solution," is actually not a solution to the actual problem laid out, but some sort of retarded suggestion about how Randy should just get VIP and watch everything from the VIP areas. The Rose Garden being one of these VIP areas.
    5. You, then, quote VicViper's suggestion that The Rose Garden be made into something NOT VIP, but scaled back so that there is actually more space behind the Sahara, and say that "this is what you were referring to."
    6. When questioned if by saying "You should just get VIP," you actually meant when you quoted VicViper's actual proposed solution to the problem and then asserted that this is what you meant by your statement, you respond by saying, "No! I meant that he should just get VIP!"

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I'm loving this thread. Sticky vote.