Thread: Weekend Two 2013 - wasn't this the best one yet?

Default Weekend Two 2013 - wasn't this the best one yet?

This was my fourteenth.
    Everything about it was perfect.
    The sound, the sights, the weather, holy crow.
    And everybody was SO nice!

Camped South 110th with the flower garden.

Ta.

Default Re: Weekend Two 2013 - wasn't this the best one yet?

it was a really good weekend. i can't recall if it was the same last year but weekend 2 crowd this year had a waaay friendlier vibe from what i noticed (with a few exceptions of course)
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

One of the best years. I attended weekend two as well and even though I think there were years with slightly better lineups, overall I really have no complaints. No problems getting in or out of parking, nice weather, not overly crowded, great cell reception, free Frutare bars to beat the heat...

Not the best line up but the best experience of three ive been to. Less people, the best weather and smoothest experience.

IMO It was there best line up ever...so thankful
    1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2013

Yeah, this was my 12th one and it's definitely up there in my favorites. Nothing was too crowded, never had to wait long for shuttles or to get through security, all the acts I wanted to see started on time and didn't have any major sound issues, the weather cooperated, the people seemed pretty chill, and I didn't see a single bad set. Absolutely no complaints all around.

Sound (PA) issues seemed worse this year (both weekends) than last year (both weekends). Lots of feedback and nasty shit like that. Sound bleed from Do-Lab and Sahara into the Gobi and Mojave seemed worse this year too.

Overall, however, a great event and glad I popped in again on Sunday.

I agree that Coachella 2013 W2 may have been the best coachella yet. It was so easy to go from stage to stage and see any act you wanted to see up close. We were able to see EVERYONE we wanted to see, and more. There were pretty much no douche bags (they must all have attended W1). No lines getting in, and no lines once inside the fest (except for one or two acts in the Yuma). I never once felt uncomfortable by crowds, and that hasn't happened since probably 2005. The weather was absolutely perfect, probably the best overall weather ever. I'm still stunned at how perfect W2 was. Good job, GV!!!!

W2 was amazing. The stream from W1 helped me solve out conflicts too
    pillows and parties

Weekend 2 this year may have been better than Weekend 1 last year in some aspects. It was definitely a great year. It reminded me of the first few years I went when it was a weekend later in April. Wake up at 7am, melt in the heat all morning, drag myself into the fest and hunt for shade around the acts I want to see. No crazy wind storm, all the art was on display (unlike weekend 1 last year). Wouldn't say it's the best one yet; 2008 was a big year for me.
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

I, too, attended W2 (this was my first year) and I was amazed at how at ease everyone seemed to be. The only real negative experience we had was watching of monsters and men and Chuck Liddell showed up in the VIP area and several douchebags started pushing and shoving and being assholes just to see him. Otherwise it was an amazing experience, and I think that the lack of a single, huge, big name act kept a lot of the jackasses home.

Agreed. 2013 Weekend 2 has by far been the best year yet. Perfect from start to finish. Don't even know if future Coachellas could top it. Camped 103 South.

Yes! Was my best year. Everyone was so incredibly friendly and the weather was PERFECT. I was 114 North in lot 8 and was surrounded by incredible people. I didn't feel the need to hide out in tents once in the festival, had free tacos all weekend, everything was just perfect.

Totally the best!! I met a few vets and we all agreed what a pleasant surprise it was that everything was so chill and smooth. Anything crappy was easy enough to avoid, and everything great was easy enough to enjoy. I was on 108th North Street on the east side, so RickeyinLA we were totally neighbors. We had the Drinkin' With My Bitches sign and the Black jeep with lights and color blocks that said happy coachella. Our neighborhood was rad.
    Staff was awesome, I saw nearly everyone I wanted to, plus more!
    I blew bubbles all weekend. Big ups, GV!

Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    Totally the best!! I met a few vets and we all agreed what a pleasant surprise it was that everything was so chill and smooth. Anything crappy was easy enough to avoid, and everything great was easy enough to enjoy. I was on 108th North Street on the east side, so RickeyinLA we were totally neighbors. We had the Drinkin' With My Bitches sign and the Black jeep with lights and color blocks that said happy coachella. Our neighborhood was rad.
    Staff was awesome, I saw nearly everyone I wanted to, plus more!
    I blew bubbles all weekend. Big ups, GV!
    Sup.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

Free tacos?! WHERE?
    pillows and parties

Was it really that much better? I was thinking about doing W2 for 2014, but am still undecided?

no, it wasn't the best year ever. although it was a very relaxing year, it's going to take a whole lot to overtake 2004. this year easily takes over my number three spot all time. being 32 years old and attending since 2003, i am very impressed at how well coachella has managed to keep the younger crowd and the older crowd somewhat separated. i was only in the sahara twice to see paul kalkbrenner and eric prydz (two of the rarer dj to have u.s. dates) and they were both pretty empty towards the beginning. can't wait to see how coachella improves upon the yuma tent. keep the bros in the corner and let everyone else have the 5 other stages.

1. 2004
    2. 2006
    3. 03'-present

it was my first. had a blast. which was nice considering all the lineup/weather/dust/crowd/we1vwe2/ bullshit i absorbed here.

Quote Originally Posted by jbergeron View Post
    no, it wasn't the best year ever. although it was a very relaxing year, it's going to take a whole lot to overtake 2004. this year easily takes over my number three spot all time. being 32 years old and attending since 2003, i am very impressed at how well coachella has managed to keep the younger crowd and the older crowd somewhat separated. i was only in the sahara twice to see paul kalkbrenner and eric prydz (two of the rarer dj to have u.s. dates) and they were both pretty empty towards the beginning. can't wait to see how coachella improves upon the yuma tent. keep the bros in the corner and let everyone else have the 5 other stages.

1. 2004
    2. 2006
    3. 03'-present
    I'm sure 2004 was a great one. I however, was out of the country, trying my damnedest to make it, and could not. 2006 was my favorite till this year. This year was chill because I worked hard to make it awesome with lots of planning. Other years, things out of my hands slipped out of control and it totally sucked as far as camping logistics, and whatever. This year... things just worked out. Every concern I had was met with a funny way of letting me know things are taken care of, either by my past me with all the planning, or the people I chose to go with who had their shit together. And the fest, wow. Fun. Snail, art, options for line ups... I could have very well chosen a different kind of Coachella, but the live stream and the conflicts and talking to people on this board made it easy to strategize. I LOVED this year. I do think GV jumped the sharks in 2006, and the crowds are making it hard to enjoy all the old secrets and inside jokes us vets have come to love and expect. I also think this weather is getting harder for me to handle. We'll all have to see what Paul T and the crew have up their sleeves for the future.

This was a great thread to read. I agree with everyone on here - seems like week 2 had no one at it since a lot of people tried to unload their tickets for whatever reason. Good for us since it freed up the grounds for the rest of us. Seemed like it was the least packed Coachella I can remember in a while.
    My rankings on my favorite Coachella's:
    13 (more quality bands than ever before)
    10 (amazing headliners - especially Jay-Z)
    06 (Daft Punk)
    07 (Rage Against the Machine)
    11 (solid mix of bands, I only was able to make 2 days that year though)
    12 (heat was ridiculous, or this year would be higher up)
    09 (some talent, but the year didn't seem to grab me as much as usual)
    08 (not a fan of any of the headliners at all, overall thought the lineup was pretty weak)
    Coachella 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.2, 13.2, 14.2, 15.2
    Outside Lands 10, 11, 13, 14

First timer reporting in. Weekend 2 was everything I expected it to be and im glad I chose the right time to go to Coachella for the first time. It was so good my friends only want to go weekend 2 now. T_T I wanted to experience weekend 1 next year but they insisted on weekend 2 so I ended up buying those tickets. Im considering going both weekends but we will see when the line up comes out. Hope weekend 2 next year is as good as my first one this year.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher37 View Post
    This was a great thread to read. I agree with everyone on here - seems like week 2 had no one at it since a lot of people tried to unload their tickets for whatever reason. Good for us since it freed up the grounds for the rest of us. Seemed like it was the least packed Coachella I can remember in a while.
    My rankings on my favorite Coachella's:
    13 (more quality bands than ever before)
    10 (amazing headliners - especially Jay-Z)
    06 (Daft Punk)
    07 (Rage Against the Machine)
    11 (solid mix of bands, I only was able to make 2 days that year though)
    12 (heat was ridiculous, or this year would be higher up)
    09 (some talent, but the year didn't seem to grab me as much as usual)
    08 (not a fan of any of the headliners at all, overall thought the lineup was pretty weak)
    Wow, '08 was my all time fav (also my first, made every one since) - three of five best sets I've ever seen on fields (Prince, Roger Waters, Portishead), and several other all-time Coachella favs (My Morning Jacket, Jens Lekman, Sharon Jones & Dap Kings, The National coming off of Boxer Release, Akron/Family)...though I'll grant you Sunday day that year was serious weak sauce.
    The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Outkast - The Knife - Dum Dum Girls - Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Broken Bells - Haim - Neko Case - Jagwar Ma - Goat - Waxahatchee

Queens Of The Stone Age - Pet Shop Boys - Chvrches - Mogwai - Warpaint - Washed Out - Future Islands - Ty Seagall - Darkside - Foxygen

Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Superchunk - Arcade Fire - Bombino - Daughter - Surfer Blood

Lurker

Weekends having a more important for everyone. Everyone do lots of activity, According to me, Outing is more best option for any other thing.

Quote Originally Posted by anrique View Post
    Weekends having a more important for everyone. Everyone do lots of activity, According to me, Outing is more best option for any other thing.
    I snort meth and fist butts.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."