Thread: Missing/Stolen Bicycles Locked to the Fences

Default Missing/Stolen Bicycles Locked to the Fences

Can anyone tell me if they had locked bicycles at the show entrance stolen or taken?

On Saturday 4/20, I had two bikes secured with a U-lock between their frames and one of the thickest chains available locking them to the fence frame. It is very unlikely that someone stole these. It would take way too much effort for mediocre bikes. They were gone by 8pm.

My guess was that security removed them, but I have not gotten a straight answer from anyone (lost & found, security or police) I was told to go to lot 13 on Monday and I found noting or no one there to help.

Default Re: Missing/Stolen Bicycles Locked to the Fences

Why would security move them? Unless you locked them to something you shouldn't have. This is the first I have heard of anybody getting a locked bike stolen. Bummer.

I bike every year never an issue

U lock no way they were stolen
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

To add to the story, I spoke to a bike taxi guy on Monday while I was wandering lot 13 for any signs of help. He told me that another bike taxi guy showed him a picture of a bike lock "soldered off" at the event.

It's frustrating that I can't get a straight answer form anyone (lost & found, security, cops, Coachella email) if they did this, or where my bikes are.

I was sitting near the front entrance after locking my bike to the fence there Friday (Wkd 1) around 11 30 am. Security guy came by and said we should proabably move our bikes farther back, because they did not want bikes here and that they would be cutting locks and remving them. We moved our bikes back near the port-o-potties they had set up and went in. That night, there were plenty of bikes locked up against that fence, so the next few days we locked up them to the fence, with no issues. At least they were there every night when we came back. However, we did have a flat tire every night. So maybe they resorted to slashing tires.

I wish that they would accomodate the bike folks with bike racks to lock up as they have in previous years. A path would be nice too, but at the least racks.

Where near the front entrance?

Near the main entrance from the parking lots (not camping entrance), probably half-way between dirt road and the security pat-downs. The first night we ended up locking them before nice grassy entrance area, near the dirt road and portapotties. The next few nights we parked in the grassy area as mentioned above.

THIS IS WHY GV NEEDS TO GIVE US A BIkE SPACE with fully armed guards.

Thanks for the info Darth Bater. It's completely irresponsible for the management to not even stick a paper sign on the fence saying "no bike parking" while they watch people lock bikes to them every day; knowing they are going to cut the locks and confiscate the bikes. I can even get anyone involved to even admit to doing it - Nevermind being proactive getting my bikes back to me.

This was my first year attending and this certainly leaves me not wanting to give them any of my money in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by findfoley View Post
    It's frustrating that I can't get a straight answer form anyone (lost & found, security, cops, Coachella email) if they did this, or where my bikes are.
    might want to search craigslist LA. that's where most of the guards i talked to were from and they would be my first guess as to who took em. most of security was chill but the 5% or so who were not were REALLY shady
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.