Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dust Has Become Really Horrible

Default The Dust Has Become Really Horrible

I don't remember any year prior to this having such a bad dust problem, although granted this is the only time I attended Weekend 2. I mean, I doubt GV could have done anything about the giant shitstorm that was Sunday W1, but my god I spent almost all of Saturday on W2 just trying to find somewhere where there was still grass and as little foot traffic as possible so I could breathe.

As a result, I was forced to watch the UNBELIEVABLY BORING set by The XX. Holy shit, I have never seen a main stage set be that goddamn dull.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Default Re: The Dust Has Become Really Horrible

So have your threads
    Re: GayInTucson's illiterate ass

Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    I don't think we'll be hearing from him again. R.I.P

Yeah, the grass was nearing brown and gross by Sunday afternoon of weekend 1. Sunday on weekend 2 had to have been like dry Arizona crabgrass.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

Yuma

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I don't remember any year prior to this having such a bad dust problem, although granted this is the only time I attended Weekend 2. I mean, I doubt GV could have done anything about the giant shitstorm that was Sunday W1, but my god I spent almost all of Saturday on W2 just trying to find somewhere where there was still grass and as little foot traffic as possible so I could breathe.

As a result, I was forced to watch the UNBELIEVABLY BORING set by The XX. Holy shit, I have never seen a main stage set be that goddamn dull.
    I agree. The dust was unbearable on Saturday W2. I had a bandana over my mouth to help me breathe properly. The thing is I've seen the water truck go by to dampen areas, but that is only on the roads between lots. Is there anything else they can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Imagine it after Stagecoach.

I was dying Saturday... Always had to deal with the black boogs but weekend two was BY FAR the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

Breathed it all in.

Thank you, stimulants.
    2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012: II, 2013: I, 2014: I

Now I feel better about missing W2. I'm still coughing from the sandstorm of W1
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.

The entire valley was dusty W1.

It was certainly the windiest Coachella.

Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Sunday on weekend 2 had to have been like dry Arizona crabgrass.
    I went into the Sahara this Saturday, and there wasn't even any dead grass in there anymore, it was all just sand and dirt

There was still some grass in the Terrace shaded area and in the shade of the Mirage building W2.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

it seemed like everything beyond the outdoor/do lab was nothing but dead grass. I don't even think there was grass in the sahara on friday of weekend 1, but I didn't go in there until Prydz sunday night weekend 1. i didn't camp weekend 2 and the walk to day parking was horrid. nothing but sand, dust and dead grass in the air and then patches of mud here and there.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

Everytime I wanted weekend 2 over the last couple days I had to just think about the brown crunchy "grass" and I didn't feel bad anymore.

The bathroom area by the Outdoor stage still had soft green grass on Sunday of W2. Thanks to the person who suggested using these bathrooms, as it seems hardly anyone even knew they were there.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    The entire valley was dusty W1.

It was certainly the windiest Coachella.

LOL
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I about fell off my chair when I saw that shit.

I didn't see any of the water trucks this year driving around spraying the ground so the dust stayed down. That plus the wind made for one dusty party!!
    I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?

Lurker

I'm still coughing up all kinds of shit from Sunday weekend 1.

I did notice that the Sahara had turned to dirt/gravel by Sunday of W2 but other than that, I really didn't notice any dust. I guess I must have lucked out.

Fuck all dust that plagued coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

ever since gv expanded the polo grounds because of the clusterfuck that was 2010 dust has become a major problem. the area they opened is where the yuma tent, Heineken dome food court are and basically the whole entrance area behind the gate wall which separates the main polo greens. before 2011 this was all closed off to ga attendees. GV and alex hagen owner of empire polo need to grow some healthy greens in this area because its crap even before we even stepon it weekend 1. the other area that's fucked was the whole pink pathway that gv basically had as main pathway for dayparking and shuttle pass people to walk on. here they need to throw down gravel or that d&g dirt to stop the dust getting kicked up every which way.now it would be pricey but wtf you need to throw money on these upgrades I could give two shits if it gets done or not I eat dirt daily, but for the majority of the crowd, especially the fine ladies they weren't having it

After seeing many many many pictures, it would seem like the grass was never really green to begin with. At least along side the Outdoor, and tent stages.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Are you guys fucking serious? You do know that the dust affecting Coachella is not from the dirt roads? It's dust being blown in from the entire fucking valley!!!!!!

When I left Coachella W1 on Monday at 5AM I drove through a huge fucking dust storm that lasted pretty much until I turned off for San Bernardino, a good hour or so after leaving Coachella.

The dust abatement trucks were out spraying down the streets like always. But GV has no control over the wind and dust hitting everything else outside the festival grounds.

C'mon, GV can't control the weather (yet).
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    Are you guys fucking serious? You do know that the dust affecting Coachella is not from the dirt roads? It's dust being blown in from the entire fucking valley!!!!!!

When I left Coachella W1 on Monday at 5AM I drove through a huge fucking dust storm that lasted pretty much until I turned off for San Bernardino, a good hour or so after leaving Coachella.

The dust abatement trucks were out spraying down the streets like always. But GV has no control over the wind and dust hitting everything else outside the festival grounds.

C'mon, GV can't control the weather (yet).
    No shit, dumb ass. Sunday weekend 1 and the next two days that followed the whole Coachella valley had some freaky weather that was unusual for even the desert. Yes, there is always high winds in April but the excessive dust was not the norm. So, what GV or Empire Polo can do, is put dirt & gravel sand on the pink and purple pathways hell even the back parking lot closest to AVE 52 and put green healthy grass in the terrace food court, Yuma, entrance area and there will be less dust as long as the Coachella Valley doesn't decide to blow sand on everyone. Yes the water trucks were out and about doing their job but they were doing a shitty job on the pink pathway they would only water half the length of the pathway and wouldn't water the half that sloped up a little don't argue with me on this I work at the polo grounds I KNOW WHAT I'M LOOKING AT WONDERBITCH

Quote Originally Posted by ONION View Post
    don't argue with me on this I work at the polo grounds I KNOW WHAT I'M LOOKING AT WONDERBITCH
    Your grammar is consistent with someone who shovels up horse shit (groom) or cuts grass / rakes up leaves.

Says the guy who parks his truck onsite while camping so he can leave and get all dolled up LOL i dont wanna sandy in my poopy

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post
    Your grammar is consistent with someone who shovels up horse shit (groom) or cuts grass / rakes up leaves.
    you got one out of two right.
    Last edited by ONION; 04-25-2013 at 09:03 AM.

I went Weekend Two and while the dust was bad, it only really affected me while walking back to Lot 8 through the exit of the venue. My eye would start watering up like an allergy or something. Either way, if my worst complaint is my eye waters up for five minutes and we all woke up with a horrible cough on Monday morning, then I think GV is doing pretty good.

It'd really be refreshing to see a thread on the positives GV has done. For example, I really liked the separation of bathrooms and the bathroom attendants.

Only because I can

This onion guys is a retard. Like that little bit of exposed ground is where all the dust invading the festival is from. You can have zero dirt on the polo grounds and the dust from EVERYPLACE ELSE will still have the same effect on the festival, idiot.

Go back to mucking stables
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10