Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HOW LUCKY/UNLUCKY WHERE YOU?

Default Re: HOW LUCKY/UNLUCKY WHERE YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    show up early on thursday and got put in lot 4 = very unlucky
    This really put a damper on my whole group's weekend one experience

Also, was very unlucky to leave Modest Mouse a song early to catch Beach House before YYYs and then finding out the Daft Punk song debut happened while we were at Beach House. Fail.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Super lucky. Got in line around 8:30am. After searches and waiting for our group of 7 cars we rolled into the end of 107/108S. Big open field for ADA next to us that never filled. Showers 30 seconds away and they hardly had lineups all weekend. Bathrooms 30 seconds away. Alternate festival entrace 2 minutes away. Ice truck right across the street. It's going to be hard to top that spot next year.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    This really put a damper on my whole group's weekend one experience

Also, was very unlucky to leave Modest Mouse a song early to catch Beach House before YYYs and then finding out the Daft Punk song debut happened while we were at Beach House. Fail.
    You didn't fail at all. It was just the teaser promo, you can watch it on Youtube now.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    You didn't fail at all. It was just the teaser promo, you can watch it on Youtube now.
    True, but it would have been a pretty amazing holy shit moment. (Kinda the point of debuting it as a surprise the way they did...)

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    True, but it would have been a pretty amazing holy shit moment. (Kinda the point of debuting it as a surprise the way they did...)
    Had they played the entire song, sure. But it was just a little clip, it was only worth seeing it to catch people freakingout that Daft Punk was gonna show up.

I wore a Daft Punk shirt on Saturday and boy what a mistake. Everyone asked me if I was excited to see them come out during Phoenix... I had entirely too much fun laughing at anyone that said this to me, and to remember my face laughing at them when they didn't show up.

Lucky: Homewood Suites La Quinta allowed us an early check in on Friday morning.
    Unlucky: Smoking room

Unlucky: wrong shuttle passes all weekend
    Lucky: it didn't matter as long as we showed our Frontgate receipt.

Unlucky: daughter loses driver's license Friday afternoon, causing stress about airports and TSA security checks
    Lucky: someone found it and mailed it Monday.
    Unlucky: all he/she had to do was turn it in to security or lost and found on Friday as we checked multiple times all 3 days.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

this is the first year i got put in lot 8. previous years i've always been in lot 4 so this was a very welcome change.
    September 16 - Earth
    September 18 - DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Lucky AND unlucky?

Lucky: An Australian fellow allowed us to camp on his spot. Lot 8, N115. Neighbors left Friday morning, swooped in on their space. Cool neighbors.

Unlucky: Had an Asian guy on too much acid get arrested in my friend's tent Friday afternoon. No idea who he was. Got the name Andrew out of him and 50 staff/security/paramedics/cops standing in/around our spot, unsure of how to handle the situation. Apparently the cloppers can't get off their horses. My friend talked him down, fed him a banana, got him to drink some water, and almost had him safely on his way until Indio PD showed up, started yelling, and freaked him out, which resulted in his arrest. Still waiting on those VIP passes for doing your jobs and handling the situation for all those "trained" professionals. Or at least replace my banana. It was my last one.
    Security then showed up later that night to harass my neighbors over weed. Kept shining lights in my eyes while I tried to sleep.

Weirdest camping experience ever, and I've camped for 6 years.
    Last edited by eskamo951; 04-23-2013 at 09:19 PM.
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

^^^^ Between this and the bloody condom story, people can't make this shit up.

Couldn't believe that after all the BS everything worked out pretty perfectly. Great spot in lot 10, nice grass, really comfy bed pad (thanks for the suggestions, bed pad thread), thinking the sand storm took our canopy but then finding it 3 spots down the row in perfect condition... all lucky. Though our neighbor whose tent it managed to demolish on the way down the row would probably disagree.

All trumps the 6-inch spider bite I managed to get and the fire ant hill I stepped in all within an hour the first day.

We drove down for W2 and hit the gate at 4pm, didn't make it in the grounds until after 730, ended up in Lot 8 on N116th, which was fantastic for us. All the neighbors were cool, quiet, and we had an amazing time. Rented a van from the escape folks, and it was a great time (it was our first). Being our first time going, we really didn't want to have to hassle with setting and taking down a campsite, but next year, after getting a lot of amazing ideas from all the different set ups, we're definitely doing the 'traditional' camp.

Ugh, here goes. I came from boston w/ a girl, can't really call her a friend anymore. Thursday nite, after all the tents are set and everyone's partying and meeting, we hear a girl's moaning really hard in one of the tents. And it freaked everybody out because we've literally been parked for under an hour and we're all communing together. Well, of course it was the girl that I brought, not that there's anything wrong with that. I am no cockblocker.
    Forward to the next day and we all wake up and start drinking. By noon, this girl is trashed. I mean falling over drunk, complaining incoherantly, you know what I mean. Once I eventually do get her into the fest, she wants to go back to camp. Now I know my nightmare is beginning. So I walk her back to camp. After a short nap, we catch HTDA. Lucky. Of course she wants to leave again, but I just ignore her.
    So Saturday arrives and I wasn't letting this happen again. I cozy up to the neighbors and we all decide to head in for the dropkicks @ about 3. Now, at this point I try to give her a walkie talkie because her phone won't stay on. She complains and says it too complicated and refuses to use it. Fine. Walkie talkies are lame, whatever. So we all go back to the fest and get split up. Whatevs, we'll just meet @ camp. Fast forward to over 24 hours of me worrying where this person is, she shows back up to camp with a note she'd written telling me "not to send out a search party". Ok, call off the non-existant search party, no problem.
    Now the bit that really upset me, was monday morning, after going thru this stuff on sunday, she was again nowhere to be seen. My camping neighbors all leave, i'm calling home asking for advice, really freaking out, you know. Finally, sometime after 10 she calls from her (now fully operable) cellphone and asks if there is still alot of packing to be done.
    Now I could continue with a curse-filled rage about how I feel about this one human being, but instead i'd like to say to all the folks that were placed in Lot 4... You guys made my coachella. Not GV, not Frontgate, not Heineken...just those folks trying to survive in that muthafuckin' Lot 4.

Quote Originally Posted by rrrafe View Post
    Ugh, here goes. I came from boston w/ a girl, can't really call her a friend anymore. Thursday nite, after all the tents are set and everyone's partying and meeting, we hear a girl's moaning really hard in one of the tents. And it freaked everybody out because we've literally been parked for under an hour and we're all communing together. Well, of course it was the girl that I brought, not that there's anything wrong with that. I am no cockblocker.
    Forward to the next day and we all wake up and start drinking. By noon, this girl is trashed. I mean falling over drunk, complaining incoherantly, you know what I mean. Once I eventually do get her into the fest, she wants to go back to camp. Now I know my nightmare is beginning. So I walk her back to camp. After a short nap, we catch HTDA. Lucky. Of course she wants to leave again, but I just ignore her.
    So Saturday arrives and I wasn't letting this happen again. I cozy up to the neighbors and we all decide to head in for the dropkicks @ about 3. Now, at this point I try to give her a walkie talkie because her phone won't stay on. She complains and says it too complicated and refuses to use it. Fine. Walkie talkies are lame, whatever. So we all go back to the fest and get split up. Whatevs, we'll just meet @ camp. Fast forward to over 24 hours of me worrying where this person is, she shows back up to camp with a note she'd written telling me "not to send out a search party". Ok, call off the non-existant search party, no problem.
    Now the bit that really upset me, was monday morning, after going thru this stuff on sunday, she was again nowhere to be seen. My camping neighbors all leave, i'm calling home asking for advice, really freaking out, you know. Finally, sometime after 10 she calls from her (now fully operable) cellphone and asks if there is still alot of packing to be done.
    Now I could continue with a curse-filled rage about how I feel about this one human being, but instead i'd like to say to all the folks that were placed in Lot 4... You guys made my coachella. Not GV, not Frontgate, not Heineken...just those folks trying to survive in that muthafuckin' Lot 4.
    How'd you wind up taking someone like that? Was it a friend? Or some random pickup?

Did you get any sloppy seconds?
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Unlucky (for my friends): After Puscifer is over a friend of mine spots me in the crowd and comes over to me. He tells me he nearly got arrested coming in because the security guy touched his junk and found his stash (pills, molly, a popper full of ketamine, pipe, weed... yeah all in his junk...) and then they gave the guy he was with the same treatment and because he too was a dumbass he had about the same in his junk as well. They didn't go into details but they eventually let them go.

I mean they've never touched my junk but that much stuff... just not smart.

I was lucky, they touched my junk.
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderbot View Post
    How'd you wind up taking someone like that? Was it a friend? Or some random pickup?
    She's an acquaintance, we both attended in 2008 with a few other friends and connected on fb for this year. I almost want to post this on fb so our mutual friends can see what a loser she is. And no GPS, couldn't even share my water after that.

Lurker

I like the ball tap I get in line, it get's me ready to party. rrrafe thats a nutso story..that girl sounds lucky to have a fellow like you actually worrying about her.

Damn rrafe, you have the patience of a Saint. My experience this year and your story confirms my choice never to do Coachella with a partner again. Solo is the way to go...you meet cool people anyways. I'd go with a big group, as long as I am not attached to anyone come set time.

Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by SpicyLobster View Post
    Solo is the way to go...you meet cool people anyways. I'd go with a big group, as long as I am not attached to anyone come set time.
    EXACTLY!
    I drove some peeps and then was part of a larger caravan (all strangers to me)... but I ended up seeing every set alone.
    Mind you, I typically go to shows alone to begin with.... so I had the BEST time.
    Occasionally, there was some small talk with vendors and other people in the crowd, but at the end of the day, I could go back to camp and hang out with the group.

I'm officially never going with a friend glued to my side.

08: Me and my best friend (Awesome!)
    09: Me and ex whore of a gf (Awful, worst Coachella for me)
    10: Me, my best friends (3) and a couple random people they brought along. (Fun weekend but grew annoyed at the outsiders)
    11: Me and about 8 friends... crazy times but enjoyable.
    12: Same as 11
    13: #Couplechella I went with my gf and my best friend and his gf. Best Coachella experience since the first.

My husband made me miss JAMC the year they came.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Wonderbot, I hope it wasn't you I was next to at Modest Mouse. Some tall dude kept calling his girlfriend to meet him in front of the soundboard and it took her forever to show up, but she finally does and she's this short little thing and she started complaining that she couldn't see (which reminded me of the thread you started). Then he offered to piggy back her for a little while, and then when Modest Mouse started, he started to YELL OUT EVERY SINGLE FUCKING WORD TO EVERY SINGLE FUCKING LYRIC OF EVERY SINGLE FUCKING SONG they played...it was so annoying. I wanted to smash the guy's (pretending/thinking it was you) face in to shut him and his girlfriend up permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    My husband made me miss JAMC the year they came.
    How did this happen and why?
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

hoped to get in early thursday, got lot 10 at 4 am friday with a blown head gasket. had great neighbors and a great time though, so you decide.

Did Salah blow your head gasket? I know he stays up late.

This year I went with my gf and two of her friends. I knew from the beginning that these other girls (not my gf) would be a burden because they really weren't that into music. Why spend $350 to come to a music festival when you're really not into anybody on the line-up is fucking beyond me. Long story short, they followed my gf and I around like little puppy dogs. When we went to a band that they weren't particularly interested in, they pulled out their fucking phones and texted or played games the whole time. I was pretty furious about that. It's incredibly rude. Luckily, the only bands they were into were the fucking XX and Phoenix (go figure). When they went to go see those nerds, my gf and I finally got to be alone and had a blast. The last day, the other girls went to sleep in the car because they had to be at work Monday morning (WHY WOULD YOU NOT GET IT OFF?), so my gf and I got to take some ecstasy together and enjoy Roni Size and Disclosure without worrying about the others. Easily, the most fun and best experience of my life. I know that if it was just she and I, the whole weekend would have been amazing. I really think "couplechella" is a pretty awesome experience and can't wait to do it again next year.

i camped in lot 4. shit sucked and ruined my weekend.

i was not lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Wonderbot, I hope it wasn't you I was next to at Modest Mouse. Some tall dude kept calling his girlfriend to meet him in front of the soundboard and it took her forever to show up, but she finally does and she's this short little thing and she started complaining that she couldn't see (which reminded me of the thread you started). Then he offered to piggy back her for a little while, and then when Modest Mouse started, he started to YELL OUT EVERY SINGLE FUCKING WORD TO EVERY SINGLE FUCKING LYRIC OF EVERY SINGLE FUCKING SONG they played...it was so annoying. I wanted to smash the guy's (pretending/thinking it was you) face in to shut him and his girlfriend up permanently.
    Nope! Not me! I never let her out of my sight all festival except for twice she decided to go back to camp to dress warmer for the night. We don't rely on cell calls, only texts. And I'm super strict about "I'll wait for you exactly at this place" so I'd let her know I'd be under speaker tower A1 at the main stage or something like that.

She only got ONE ride up on my shoulders (her first time ever at a concert) at Passion Pit because we were super far in the back so I thought it'd be ok. The second she went up on my shoulders some random girl walked by and grabbed her ass (according to my friends sitting behind us in the grass (lol). She flipped out and that was the last time she went up on my shoulders lol.

But I was a good spot ninja this trip, showed up early for sets and made sure to find a good spot that let her see the stage

But yeah, my gf is a sweety and wouldn't bitch about shit loudly to anyone. And I certainly don't yell out lyrics, even at my favorite band. I like to keep my voice, plus I suck at singing. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Karnifexlol View Post
    This year I went with my gf and two of her friends. I knew from the beginning that these other girls (not my gf) would be a burden because they really weren't that into music. Why spend $350 to come to a music festival when you're really not into anybody on the line-up is fucking beyond me. Long story short, they followed my gf and I around like little puppy dogs. When we went to a band that they weren't particularly interested in, they pulled out their fucking phones and texted or played games the whole time. I was pretty furious about that. It's incredibly rude. Luckily, the only bands they were into were the fucking XX and Phoenix (go figure). When they went to go see those nerds, my gf and I finally got to be alone and had a blast. The last day, the other girls went to sleep in the car because they had to be at work Monday morning (WHY WOULD YOU NOT GET IT OFF?), so my gf and I got to take some ecstasy together and enjoy Roni Size and Disclosure without worrying about the others. Easily, the most fun and best experience of my life. I know that if it was just she and I, the whole weekend would have been amazing. I really think "couplechella" is a pretty awesome experience and can't wait to do it again next year.
    Couplechella really depends on your partner.

My GF is an incredible human being so I can't imagine not going with her to every fest now. But that's in stark contrast to my last gf who was not interested in anything on the lineup except for Paul McCartney. I couldn't even leave her alone to go see anything because she dressed ultra skank and had guys buzzing all over her and I didn't trust her (with good reason......) anyway... I was really worried this Coachella experience would ruin the amazing relationship I have with the current gf... but it was all for naught. She had an incredible time and is now determined to work out hardcore to get back in cheerleader shape so she can wear super sexy clothes for next year