Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucent Dossier bullshit

Default Lucent Dossier bullshit

I know these fools are associated with the Do-Lab, but has anyone ever enjoyed one of their sets? Maybe if they played one day out of the weekend, but all three days? I don't understand why they would appeal to... Well, anyone. It's just a waste of a timeslot.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

Default Re: Lucent Dossier bullshit

Makes cirque du soleil look like a monster truck rally
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    I know these fools are associated with the Do-Lab, but has anyone ever enjoyed one of their sets? Maybe if they played one day out of the weekend, but all three days? I don't understand why they would appeal to... Well, anyone. It's just a waste of a timeslot.
    Agreed. My friends and I saw it for the first time this year and we left after 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by rasooli View Post
    Agreed. My friends and I saw it for the first time this year and we left after 5 minutes.

Yeah I watched about 5 minutes of their set at my first coachella in 2010 and never went back. I do like the Do Lab for its mist and water guns though but that's about it.

I think they were doing one act to "Dazed and Confused" live, so there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by kneuller View Post
    Yeah I watched about 5 minutes of their set at my first coachella in 2010 and never went back. I do like the Do Lab for its mist and water guns though but that's about it.
    I feel like there was less mist and water guns this year than in prior years.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I've always liked Lucent. Different strokes...
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

The only Lucent show I've seen from beginning to end was in 09 and that one was awesome. I've only seen few minutes of it here and there every other year. I like that sort of thing but I always just have to much other stuff going on to watch it. Except 09, that one was really good and next thing I know I watched the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

I usually only end up catching bits of it, but most of what I've scene is pretty cool. If I have a lull in my schedule, I'd rather see cool acrobatics and fire throwing than just sit somewhere waiting for the next act.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    Very nice original thought. Not a single other person has ever complained about the Do-Lab.

Idiot.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

They are fun sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanp View Post
    Very nice original thought. Not a single other person has ever complained about the Do-Lab.

Idiot.
    Who ever said I was complaining about the Do-lab? Learn to read, fucktard.

Anyway... Good to see people that actually have brains agreeing... Lucent Dossier totally killed the vibe after J.Phlip today, disappointing to see no name goobers in masks playing token shit brostep at this festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I've always liked Lucent. Different strokes...
    Same here. I don't usually catch the whole set, but I usually see a few minutes of it each year.
    COACHELLA 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

isn't it just people twirling around on ropes every year? i don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    isn't it just people twirling around on ropes every year? i don't get it.
    They dance around, play music, act, spin fire. I get why people think it's cheesy but I don't mind the dubstep.
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

I love lucent dossier's shows. This year's lineup was so stacked that I missed all their sets this year though. This demonstrates why you are a fool to complain about their presence.

Many people like it + there's plenty of other stuff to see = stop whining.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

i think people wouldnt complain as much if it werent for the sound bleed. seriously there were too many gobi sets this year where i was deep in the tent and the do lab still seemed louder than the speakers in the gobi
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    i think people wouldnt complain as much if it werent for the sound bleed. seriously there were too many gobi sets this year where i was deep in the tent and the do lab still seemed louder than the speakers in the gobi
    Lucent dossier is certainly not even nearly the loudest set at the do lab. The only time I noticed sound bleed in the gobi was for Rodriguez, when the bleed was coming from both the outdoor and the lab. It's a shame, but the Gobi has the louder sound system so I feel that the blame must go to the sound guy.
    Last edited by thagorillaz; 04-23-2013 at 08:47 AM.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

I didn't check this out but a few people in my camp did and were blown away. I can understand the sound bleed problems but otherwise this complaint is silly.

Cool Re: Lucent Dossier bullshit

I like them. A lot. I always have. They changed my life in 2008. I've flown to LA 3 times to see them. But you have to be open minded, if you're not they'd be hard to get i suppose. They are super avant garde. And weird. And fun. This post should be called Lucent Dossier awesomeness.

COACHELLA 2014: Lucent Dossier Experience adds stage show

BY VANESSA FRANKO | Press Enterprise | STAFF WRITER | February 07, 2014; 07:10 PM

One of the rites of Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival passage is getting hypnotized by the Lucent Dossier Experience.

A staple at the festival for 10 years, the alternative and often circus-like performance troupe will again perform at the center of the festival in the bass-thumping center oasis of The Do LaB.

However, the group has also snagged a spot on one of the festival’s performance stages for this year.

The Lucent Dossier Experience will bring its aerial maneuvers, dance and spellbinding performance to the Gobi tent stage for a special set on Saturday, April 19 and Saturday, April 26, according to a press release from the group.

The troupe recently teamed up with Cirque Du Soleil as well.

The twin editions of Coachella will take place at the Empire Polo Club in Indio from April 18-20 and April 25-27. Tickets for both weekends have sold out.

Another place to see the group is the Lightning in a Bottle Festival, which was held at the Lake Skinner Recreation Area in Riverside County in July.

This year, the festival will take place May 22-26, but will move to Bradley, Calif. in Monterey County.

Visit www.lucentdossier.com for more information.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

A set in the Gobi? Really?

april 19th? & 26th?

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    They dance around, play music, act, spin fire. I get why people think it's cheesy but I don't mind the dubstep.
    This will be the year I make it a point to experience Lucent Dossier, instead of wandering by on the way to another set and then turning around to return for another taste... Just a thought... maybe the tent is GV's way of clearing up the sound bleed issues... Or, maybe the tent provides the foundation for a larger aerial show... Who knows?

They're not loud so nosebleed from them isn't an issue. I'll hopefully continue my streak of seeing them.

I think this is great! their shows in the Do Lab aren't nearly as good as when they perform at Lightning in a Bottle. I think it's because they are usually on a few small stages at the Do Lab Coachella stage, but when they are on a single stage it's much different/better.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

sickkkk!!!!!!!!

They have definitely had years which were better than others. 2007 and 2010 were amazing, but there were a couple of years where they went a little overboard with the dubstep, and that kind of killed it for me. I always give them a chance, though.
    I hope to someday die of spontaneous human combustion, and in my final moments, I want to give each and every one of you a hug.

Always a highlight of the weekend for me.

I saw them light the do lab on fire once. They put it out almost immediately and i was very disappointed.
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife