Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 450 of 668

Thread: Austin City Limits 2013

  1. #421
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,674

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Also, I propose meeting up at Easy Tiger Bakery and Beer Garden on east 6th. The food and beer selection are both fantastic.
    http://www.easytigeraustin.com/


    EDIT* Really great variety of whiskey as well if that's your fancy.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 10-03-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?



    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

  2. #422
    Member TomServo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Granada Hills, CA
    Posts
    1,634

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    We bought an official parking pass today for $105 for the weekend (2)... dunno if the value is there, but less hassle is what I'm all about.

    I'm not as fired up about ACL as I usually am about Coachella or whatever, but that may be a function of the lack of low-end bands I'm excited about... the headliners are cool, the site is cool, women can go topless in Austin... lol.

  3. #423
    Lurker Kinley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Had the chance to check out Queens of the Stone Age tonight at ACL live. Amazing show experience. Can't wait for tomorrow.

  4. #424
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    8,759

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinley View Post
    Had the chance to check out Queens of the Stone Age tonight at ACL live. Amazing show experience. Can't wait for tomorrow.
    Goddammit. I couldn't get tickets for it. I never win the raffle.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sσnar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans


    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

  5. #425
    Member Kid Charlemagne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    220

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Got tickets to see The National tomorrow, they released some extras yesterday. I also won passes to see Neko Case on Tuesday, doing Wilco next Friday and doing both weekends, so I'm going to be very drained.

  6. #426
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    40,118

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    We bought an official parking pass today for $105 for the weekend (2).
    ?? what is this
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  7. #427
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    128

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    ?? what is this

    Austin City Limits Music Festival (ACL)
    16 hours ago
    Announcing Official #ACLFest Parking, aka 'Lot A,' located in the Barton Oaks Plaza parking garage on South MoPac at Bee Caves Road.

    It's RIGHT next to Zilker Park, and we'll have free shuttles running continually between the lot and the Main Festival Entrance during all 3 days.

    WKND 1 Parking Pass: http://aclfest.co/1caiB4j
    WKND 2 Parking Pass: http://aclfest.co/1f3Hikc

  8. #428
    Member Propellerpete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NorthWest Corner, USA
    Posts
    227

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Also, I propose meeting up at Easy Tiger Bakery and Beer Garden on east 6th. The food and beer selection are both fantastic.
    http://www.easytigeraustin.com/


    EDIT* Really great variety of whiskey as well if that's your fancy.
    30 beers on tap house made sausages, sounds like a great choice!!!

    Gribbz or other Austinites- is Franklin BBQ worth going to and waiting in line?

    Savages tix here... http://theparishaustin.frontgatetick...5490&eid=96097
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Hey Betty, how about I take you out some time, we have a nice dinner, some drinks, make fun of some darkies, then I beat the shit out of you on the Sunset Strip and we fuck behind the Whisky. Sound like a plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    Taking a wizard shit in the ocean is so Jack Johnson.

  9. #429
    Member disgustipated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    2,169

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Totally worth the wait on a normal weekend. You would have to get in line at 5 a.m. this weekend. Probably still worth it.

  10. #430

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    any tips for getting from stage to stage? I've read that it's pretty much a cluster since the layout forces everyone to the middle to get from stage to stage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Also, I propose meeting up at Easy Tiger Bakery and Beer Garden on east 6th. The food and beer selection are both fantastic.
    http://www.easytigeraustin.com/


    EDIT* Really great variety of whiskey as well if that's your fancy.
    this place looks good!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    Austin City Limits (weekend 1) •

  11. #431

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    I guess Muse was 30 minutes late tonight due to a sound problem.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    Austin City Limits (weekend 1) •

  12. #432
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    128

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    any tips for getting from stage to stage? I've read that it's pretty much a cluster since the layout forces everyone to the middle to get from stage to stage.
    Honestly your best bet at ACL, if you want to be close, is to pick a stage, get there before 3pm, and stay there the rest of the day. Jumping stages can get really frustrating at this fest unless you don't mind pushing your way to the front

  13. #433
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    8,759

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    any tips for getting from stage to stage? I've read that it's pretty much a cluster since the layout forces everyone to the middle to get from stage to stage.
    I'd say if you want to get close for the headliner get their early for the act before them. It's pretty difficult to get up close since most people just stay at one stage. The side stages pretty much always clear out completely after each act.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sσnar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans


    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

  14. #434
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    8,759

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I guess Muse was 30 minutes late tonight due to a sound problem.
    I was surprised that they weren't already on since QOTSA went about 15 minutes over. I just went to Depeche Mode. I'm not familiar with their stuff at all, but I really enjoyed what I saw.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sσnar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans


    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

  15. #435

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    thanks, good to know! I don't necessarily want to get to the very front for anyone, I usually just try for the soundboard.

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    The side stages pretty much always clear out completely after each act.
    does that force everyone into the center of the park or is there plenty of room to walk around for those that do check out other stages?
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    Austin City Limits (weekend 1) •

  16. #436

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I was surprised that they weren't already on since QOTSA went about 15 minutes over. I just went to Depeche Mode. I'm not familiar with their stuff at all, but I really enjoyed what I saw.
    I still don't know who I'm going to see. might just do the Depeche Muse thing and split sets, but I'm leaning towards just going to muse and getting a decent spot.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    Austin City Limits (weekend 1) •

  17. #437
    Member disgustipated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    2,169

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    I find it extremely easy to get to the soundboard since so many people have chairs and they can only take them so far. Walk the outer edge of the crowd until you come to the front of the chair line and head across. I typically walk the fence line closest to Barton springs road since the north side of the park is where the majority of the food/beer/restrooms are.

    Many times there is more room up front than there is 75 yards out. People get intimidated by the chairs and just stop moving.

  18. #438

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    ugh, chairs.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    Austin City Limits (weekend 1) •

  19. #439
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,303

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I still don't know who I'm going to see. might just do the Depeche Muse thing and split sets, but I'm leaning towards just going to muse and getting a decent spot.
    You can't lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

  20. #440
    Member nothingman00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,077

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Also, I propose meeting up at Easy Tiger Bakery and Beer Garden on east 6th. The food and beer selection are both fantastic.
    http://www.easytigeraustin.com/


    EDIT* Really great variety of whiskey as well if that's your fancy.
    Including Pappy Van Winkle, if you're going all out... Also, hit up Rainey street. It's the new hot spot. A bunch of old repurposed houses turned bars that actually play good tunes... Really chill vibe.
    -----------------------

  21. #441
    Member nothingman00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,077

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by Propellerpete View Post
    30 beers on tap house made sausages, sounds like a great choice!!!

    Gribbz or other Austinites- is Franklin BBQ worth going to and waiting in line?
    [/URL]
    Franklin BBQ is an experience and the food is unfuckwithable. It's BBQ at its best. That said... On a normal day, you have to get there around 8-9AM to get in line. I'd imagine, on ACL weekend, 6-7AM is more likely... The good part is that they do serve beer while you're waiting in line so you can, if you desire, get blasted in line with some friends while waiting for BBQ.
    -----------------------

  22. #442
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,674

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by nothingman00 View Post
    Including Pappy Van Winkle, if you're going all out... Also, hit up Rainey street. It's the new hot spot. A bunch of old repurposed houses turned bars that actually play good tunes... Really chill vibe.
    Great, thanks for the tip. I've heard the names but haven't been yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?



    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

  23. #443
    Member Propellerpete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NorthWest Corner, USA
    Posts
    227

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by nothingman00 View Post
    Franklin BBQ is an experience and the food is unfuckwithable. It's BBQ at its best. That said... On a normal day, you have to get there around 8-9AM to get in line. I'd imagine, on ACL weekend, 6-7AM is more likely... The good part is that they do serve beer while you're waiting in line so you can, if you desire, get blasted in line with some friends while waiting for BBQ.
    Yikes! That's really early after staying up late...I might try for iron Wed or Sunday. 8 is pushing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Hey Betty, how about I take you out some time, we have a nice dinner, some drinks, make fun of some darkies, then I beat the shit out of you on the Sunset Strip and we fuck behind the Whisky. Sound like a plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    Taking a wizard shit in the ocean is so Jack Johnson.

  24. #444
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,674

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Really excited for the National tonight! Feel free to say "hello" if any of you bros see me. I'll be wearing a Sasquatch 2010 t-shirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?



    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

  25. #445

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    I wish the national had a night show during weekend 2. have fun!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    Austin City Limits (weekend 1) •

  26. #446
    Lurker Kinley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Goddammit. I couldn't get tickets for it. I never win the raffle.
    There was a standby line where the first 50 or so of us got in with no email. Never knew about this until showing up. I just showed up to complain for winning passes for Neko Case instead, but it turned out to be in my favor.

  27. #447
    Lurker Kinley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    thanks, good to know! I don't necessarily want to get to the very front for anyone, I usually just try for the soundboard.



    does that force everyone into the center of the park or is there plenty of room to walk around for those that do check out other stages?
    Honestly, since you've been to Outside Lands, you have nothing to worry about. This festival is so much easier to get up close to stages compared to Lands End/Twin Peaks

  28. #448

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    thanks.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    Austin City Limits (weekend 1) •

  29. #449
    Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    8,759

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    I'm so bummed I had to skip yesterday. How were The Cure?
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sσnar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans


    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

  30. #450

    Default Re: Austin City Limits 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm so bummed I had to skip yesterday. How were The Cure?
    Flawless set. Problems with the keyboards towards the end and you could her frustrated but other than that, it was brilliant. They started right when the cold front came it which made the moment even better. Pretty much the same set from when they played Lollopolloza but with a ton of energy.

Similar Threads

  1. Austin City Limits 2012
    By Courtney in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 10-23-2012, 08:10 AM
  2. Austin City Limits (PBS)
    By zenidogx in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 11:04 AM
  3. Austin City Limits 2009
    By weeklymix in forum Other Music Festivals...
    Replies: 369
    Last Post: 10-11-2009, 08:30 AM
  4. Austin City Limits Lineup......
    By I'm Rosetta Stoned in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 283
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 07:17 PM
  5. Austin City Limits festival
    By Carlo Von Sexron in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-15-2007, 12:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •