Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much money did Budgetchella make

old school

Default How much money did Budgetchella make

this year? have the figures been released?

hopefully its enough to cover last years loss and get back to producing coachella lineups we all have come to know and love over the years.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Default Re: How much money did Budgetchella make

i heard it was the third highest grossing one

Second-highest attendence ever = $$$

old school

2nd highest doesn't mean much when it has only gone to 3 days 3 times. so they are claiming this years attendence beat 2008? interesting. seemed very dead to me for the killers and the cure.

i'm sure they can fudge the numbers to reflect what they need to. the real test will be how next years lineup looks. if it looks more like the budgetchella of this year, we will know they didn't do as well as they hoped again.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Are we still going on about this shit in fucking May?

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    i'm sure they can fudge the numbers to reflect what they need to. the real test will be how next years lineup looks. if it looks more like the budgetchella of this year, we will know they didn't do as well as they hoped again.
    Even if revenue went down (less people attended), they could still have increased profit as long as their expenses also went down (less big name headliners). It is quite possible that deciding to bring in less well-known musicians could actually be the profit-maximizing decision and have very little to do with the festival's lack of success in the previous year.

old school

fucking may? who? when? the festival was just a few weeks ago. have they released the numbers, mr. discharge? i haven't seen them yet. wait...do they release the numbers each year? also, will you be gracing us with your presence at lolla? someone needs to keep the dance party going well into the morning again.

seemed very dead to me for the killers and the cure.
    That's probably because the Killers were billed against the Chemical Brothers et al. Well that, and the fact that their music is terrible.

The Cure? I don't know, I didn't watch them. But Friday and Saturday seemed packed to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

Disparaging remarks against the lineup is what I was referring to. I'm can't afford Lolla since I'm planning on Bonnaroo, Pitchfork, and ATP. I have no doubt MJA will be raving all night though.

old school

you will be missed at the rooftop afterparty, discharge.

greg, i popped into the chems, but figured that the land of the lost was always that crowded for their headliner.

again.. cant force bands to be available/agree to play for the dates of coachella.. I don't think line up is a real reflection of whatever point is trying to be made since it comes out to availability and other factors people not working here probably wouldnt think about.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

old school

maybe i am wording it wrong. i feel that the past lineups have spoiled us. last years lineup, which i thought was fine, wasn't as grand as the previous years. yes, that is my worthless opinion, but one i feel was shared by many.

D, if you could settle an issue i was having with a friend....when an artist signs on for such festivals as coachella, are there stipulations in the contract that say they cannot play other certain festivals that year?

Did I meet you at the one last year?

old school

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Did I meet you at the one last year?
    yes, the one that wouldn't stop after radhead was our doing. don't worry, i didn't introduce myself in fightclub terms, so you wouldn't have known either way.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    again.. cant force bands to be available/agree to play for the dates of coachella.. I don't think line up is a real reflection of whatever point is trying to be made since it comes out to availability and other factors people not working here probably wouldnt think about.

Thank you! This is the point I try to make every now and then in this here message board. Sometimes people act as though music festival promoters have access to any artist in the world.

2nd highest doesn't mean much when it has only gone to 3 days 3 times. so they are claiming this years attendence beat 2008? interesting. seemed very dead to me for the killers and the cure.

You were at The Killers and The Cure? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

old school

if you tried half as hard in life as you do on this forum, kingsblend, you would most likely have a job.

uh wow...this is stupid.

God, you're a dick.
    This was the 2nd highest grossing Coachella dumbfuck. And, considering the economy being in shit shape, I consider that pretty damned good.
    Oh, wait...You wouldn't understand what good is if you were at the Killers and The Cure, would you?

fucking may? who? when? the festival was just a few weeks ago. have they released the numbers, mr. discharge? i haven't seen them yet. wait...do they release the numbers each year? also, will you be gracing us with your presence at lolla? someone needs to keep the dance party going well into the morning again.
    Speaking of discharges, can I ask where the fuck you come from, ShyGuy75? I'm thinking like maybe an anal drip or some shit like that...And, as far as the numbers go? Unless you're Paul Tollett, I really don't think it's for you to know, is it?
    greg, i popped into the chems, but figured that the land of the lost was always that crowded for their headliner.
    This comes from someone who wants to keep the dance party going until morning, and then chooses The Killers and The Cure over the Chems and the land of the lost...Just stating the facts, ShyGuy75...
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    You were at The Killers and The Cure? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    Just as well, kingsblend420...Who wants to dance with an asshole like that?

I thought it was genius how he titled it "budgetchella."
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

With due respect to those of you who chose to follow the Killers and The Cure...no hard feelings...You can't all be fucktards...I know this.

old school

menik, a real GV employee already commented, but i appreciate your blind loyalty and all you do here.

if you care to explain why u think my comment is so dumb i would like to hear it. unless you are going to tell me that the same amount of money was spent on this lineup as was in the previous two years. i have had enough laughs for today.

old school

can someone inform VD that i, along with 90% of this board, don't read what it posts. yes, i understand that it was most likely sucking on a pacifier in the sahara tent all weekend, hoping that someone would come acknowledge it, and wouldn't know good rock music even if it came in the form of a shiny new meth pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    I thought it was genius how he titled it "budgetchella."
    I thought this was the Budget rental car thread....

a buck 380

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    With due respect to those of you who chose to follow the Killers and The Cure...no hard feelings...You can't all be fucktards...I know this.
    with due respect to those of you who chose not to follow the cure, no hard feelings, you can't all be fucktards

i <3 watching shyguy ruffle feathers, keep on, keepin' on!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

old school

i really don't mean to, chairmen. some people get really upset by the truth. i can't help that.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

that's what's funny though, people are so easily angered!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

What truth first off. They made money plain and simple, if you feel that they didnt make enough to please you well thats your thing. Not every festival can be like Bonnaroo for example and make a ton year in and year out regardless of ''budgets''. You should factor in that Goldenvoice had a festival the very next week called Stagecoach and that pretty much sold out all 3 days so I do not see them hurting for money in any regard. Truth is, when anyones ''dream lineup'' happens its because the timing couldnt be better, right place, right time. Please see 2004 for that.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    What truth first off. They made money plain and simple, if you feel that they didnt make enough to please you well thats your thing. Not every festival can be like Bonnaroo for example and make a ton year in and year out regardless of ''budgets''. You should factor in that Goldenvoice had a festival the very next week called Stagecoach and that pretty much sold out all 3 days so I do not see them hurting for money in any regard. Truth is, when anyones ''dream lineup'' happens its because the timing couldnt be better, right place, right time. Please see 2004 for that.

or you could follow along with what has been posted in the thread and try to make sense with your next post. comprehension has never been your strong suit, but you even out did yourself with that last one.