Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coachella 2013, AKA DudChella

Default Re: Coachella 2013, AKA DudChella

Oh and this year was far from a dud. The music was fucking incredible. Saturday goes down as one of the best days of Coachella I have ever had. But I felt more worn out this year by the end of each night than any other year. Friday was hit and miss for me and Sunday was the same way.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    TALKING HEADS REUNION
    REPLACEMENTS REUNION
    R.E.M. REUNION
    HUSKER DU REUNION
    SONIC YOUTH REUNION

I'd pay a ridiculous amount of money to see this. But, as we all know, it will not happen.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

this was my eighth coachella and my favorite by far! saw great performances all 6 days...

this year was awesome. if the hotels weren't full its because they are fucking themselves by trying to fuck us. the place i stayed the past three years jacked up their rates this year by about double what i used to pay (which was already double their normal rate, so effectively 400% or so). i understand rates will be higher and they want to make more money but this year felt like they were just plain greedy, trying to see how far they could push prices before people wouldnt bother.

Quote Originally Posted by aguadulce View Post
    I don't get everyones fascination with the Rolling Stones. There were horrible live in the mid 80's - no one
    cares.
    i think it has to do with bucket lists and getting the most for your concert dollar. would i rather pay $350 (i forget the exact cost so im going with that) to go to coachella and as an added bonus get to see a legendary band in addition to the 100+ other quality bands i have a chance to see OR pay $350 for a mediocre ticket to a 2-3 hour rolling stones show where even at that price i'll still be lucky to be able to tell who is who without the video screens. similar to when madonna was in the sahara: a good chunk of that crowd were there specifically because they wanted to see her but would NEVER go to one of her shows.
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

I think the post that read 2013: The Year Without Headliners pretty much summed up this year's Coachella. And it turned out not to be such a bad thing. I applaud GV for picking the most out of the box headliners for a festival in some time - Blur/Stone Roses. Unfortunately I don't think it panned out the way they had hoped but Blur put on a good show (didn't see Stone Roses - saw Tegan and Sara instead). It's clear that whenever the other headliner fell through for Sunday night, GV started booking up any and all possible lower tier and subs. I liked it. There was just sooooo much to see this year.

Again, I app

Quote Originally Posted by wannabeontop View Post
    I think the post that read 2013: The Year Without Headliners pretty much summed up this year's Coachella. And it turned out not to be such a bad thing. I applaud GV for picking the most out of the box headliners for a festival in some time - Blur/Stone Roses. Unfortunately I don't think it panned out the way they had hoped but Blur put on a good show (didn't see Stone Roses - saw Tegan and Sara instead). It's clear that whenever the other headliner fell through for Sunday night, GV started booking up any and all possible lower tier and subs. I liked it. There was just sooooo much to see this year.

Again, I app
    Agreed. Wholeheartedly
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

This year kicked ass!