Thread: Sick as a dog

Default Sick as a dog

Did anyone get Coachella Flu this year? Because I am sick as shit! I toughed it out until Friday at 6 but I just couldn't breathe anymore, which meant I couldn't dance or sing along, which meant I couldn't enjoy myself.

I remember getting ill my first year ('07) but there was a massive dust storm, so there was kind of a reason for that. But I can never recall being this ill EVER after coachella. I have been 6 times total, and have camped three. I feel like it was dustier this year or something, I dunno, but by the end of Sunday I could not even take a full breath in. It was awful.

Anyone else catch something?

Default Re: Sick as a dog

The dust was awful this year! I swear by the end of each night the shuffle back to the campgrounds / shuttles had the air filled with so much dust you could cut it with a knife.

With that said, no Coachella flu for me this year. I came prepared with my trusty bandana all weekend (something I had never done before) and I feel better after two weekends than I have in the previous four years I've gone.
    Coachella: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W1, 2013 W1 & W2, 2014 W1 & W2

Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Lurker

I can't decide if I'm sick yet.. definitely feel sick, stuffy nose, throat hurts. The dust was really bad this year. Kind of a bummer!

Lurker

It's Wednesday morning, 76 hours or so since I left weekend 2 Coachella. I'm so very sick, I don't believe it to be viral, rather on account of the amazing dust. Deeply congested, sore throat since the day after Coachella. Coachella really is a health hazard. The dust from the dead grass is overwhelming. It needs to be stopped. I'm in favor of returning it to a one day only event. Can you imagine? One day? Green grass? Maybe in say...October when it's not so hot? That would be an event to pay for. Not this industrial, logistical nightmare we have today.

Lurker

flu got me too, hit me monday night so at least my weekend was awesome. i took it to be more on the account of sharing lots of water & cigs and other types of microrganisms with my group of friends but yea I suppose all the dust could be a reason too

Ive just had a bad cough since the first night, its almost gone now though. Going back to Stagecoach Friday, so i am sure it will pick up again.

I loaded up on zinc before I arrived because of a crazy deadline at work I KNEW would make me sick. haha.
    So... I managed to not let anything happen until Sunday afternoon. Sore throat hit me hard... by Monday, full-blown cold. Yay.

And yeah, allergies up the ass all weekend. Finally took some meds on Saturday.

Was it just me, or was Sunday the only day it hit 100*? I didn't have any booze and drank water all day, and no relief.
    Last edited by birdiearch; 04-24-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: addition

Week 1 Thursday Night i had taken like 8 allergy pills to go along with the large amount of beers, a few pain killers and muscle relaxers. I was one calm dude listening to music at camp looking at the trees that line the outer edge of camp. The seemed out of focus... good times. I was on like 4x recomended dose of allergy pills the whole trip. Didnt have any issues last year :-/

My lungs function at 34% of normal, I am on the transplant list, did weekend 1, and am fine. Suck it up, you pussies.

gf reacted to the pollen a bit, but all good now.

Angry Re: Sick as a dog

Quote Originally Posted by israelphelps View Post
    It's Wednesday morning, 76 hours or so since I left weekend 2 Coachella. I'm so very sick, I don't believe it to be viral, rather on account of the amazing dust. Deeply congested, sore throat since the day after Coachella. Coachella really is a health hazard. The dust from the dead grass is overwhelming. It needs to be stopped. I'm in favor of returning it to a one day only event. Can you imagine? One day? Green grass? Maybe in say...October when it's not so hot? That would be an event to pay for. Not this industrial, logistical nightmare we have today.
    Left weekend 2 with the worst cough and congestion ever! Im coughing and spitting out mucus like a madwomen. I had to miss class and work this week. this is unreal...ive never felt a cough this bad. Is this viral or was the dust so bad it screwed with my lungs??!!

Quote Originally Posted by israelphelps View Post
    If Coachella really is a health hazard, rest assured, I'm dying happy... <3
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Ughhh still sick from weekend 2. Congested, nasty cough, sore throat, sore nose from blowing it so much, ear issues, random rashes. I've never seen so much snot in my life. Still had a blast, but no car camping for me next year.

Not only am I super sick, and in need of condolences. I also am hosting a shindig this weekend and forgot to order the main fare thank god for davejgenus! He was unkownignly able to cure all of my ailments!

Go fuck yourself Dave.
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

Had a cough after weekend 2 then ended up getting the full sickness on Thursday night after the festival. Lasted for about a week and a half, couldn't taste or smell for 3 days during that. Doing decent now but still have a cough