Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yuma = fail

Default Re: Yuma = fail

Roni Size was stellar. I liked the fact his crowd was light.
    Quote Originally Posted by thesg View Post
    Can you please stop talking about monklish?
    You've been a member since 2007 and have almost 18,000 posts, you should know better.

The only problem I have with The Yuma is that the guy needs to lay off the smoke machine button. Could barely breathe during The 2 Bears even when standing by the back doors. You are going to have lines for that tent, can't really complain about it but seriously, cough cough.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

lindsay lohan owns the yuma

Yeah, I gotta say my biggest gripe with this year was not getting to see Four Tet. I like the tent itself, but they need to either make it twice as big or book only smaller acts in there, which would be kind of a waste, IMO.

Got to see Pete Tong thank god. But as soon as we left, we saw the line, and declared we wouldn't venture back the rest of the weekend. good call
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

The Yuma tent is the only thing tempting me to pick up a resold wristband.

I can deal with lines and pretty much everything else, but the quality of the sound coming out of the speakers really put a damper on it for me yesterday. Very disappointed, it almost makes me not want to go back... But I still will.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

Red face Re: Yuma = fail

Four tet and Luciano destroyed last night. Sound was 10/10, great bass. Lines were minimal w/ plenty of space to dance.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Yuma tent: where people pay $350 to stand in line.
    Haha this was my thinking too.

Every time I went over to it and saw a line I left, and every time there wasn't a line I went in.

I did miss a lot of DJ sets I wanted to see though. (MJC, Richie, etc.)

it just does't feel like coahella in there

The Yuma tent should be 3x bigger. For every 10 people standing in line were 20 disappointed people who didn't want to wait for that shit. They need to knock out that food court wall and expand it sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by with_cheese View Post
    it just does't feel like coahella in there
    This definitely made me want to spend less time in there. The discotheque theme was cool, but I don't want to be inside at Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

Lines were way too long for Four Tet and Maya Jane Coles so I missed them both which was super disappointing. I understand why they did it, given the empty dome 2 years ago. The music has definitely caught on since. Sucks though because neither Four Tet or Maya Jane Coles are going to play Phoenix anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by djjoshchambers View Post
    At least with the dome though you could come and go as you please. Besides with the dnb they were playing they were ahead of the coachella curve. Bass music is now a big deal and I think that same lineup from 2011 would do great now. Andy C, DJ Hype, Beardyman, Roni Size. They would have no problem filling up the Yuma.
    i think people are forgetting how large some of the crowds were at oasis dome. they weren't packing yuma to the walls, and even a crowd the size of what high contrast had would've probably resulted in at least a short line at the yuma. four tet and hawtin had lines, but if they had been in say the mojave during subheadline/headline acts like roni size was, their crowd's would've seemed similarly tiny.

in order for them to have an easier time of managing the doors (and not needing goons to stand in front of them), you almost have to build the venue beyond it's projected maximum capacity so that it's likely never to over-fill. if they rotated the yuma 90 degrees and added doors at the opposite end (so you could enter/exit at either end), this would probably alleviate much of the crowding/line issues they had in the terrace area. that would require them to remove the bathrooms and/or most of the food vendors on that same side. which is probably fine as not once did i ever see crazy lines at any of the food places, save for the waffle ice cream place.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Yuma tent: where people pay $350 to stand in line.
    Yep. I loved it, actually. Never set foot inside, just enjoyed more room everywhere else while sheeple stood in line waiting for someone they wouldn't get to see.

Never change, Yuma. Have a great summer.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

I liked the small capacity. I got there ten minutes early for the bigger acts I wanted to see full sets of, Four Tet, Maya Jane Coles, and Jamie XX and had no problem getting in before they even started. Granted I went both weekends and was 20 minutes late to Jamie weekend one and saw the crazy line and moved on. No p-roblem the other times. No line for Lauren Lane, Seth Troxler, or DJ Harvey either. Also saw a bit of the 2 Bears, wanted to stay for more but I had already been in their for 2 hours and needed to mix it up. Hope I get another chance sometime, the 1st 15 minutes were building up well.

old school

How many Yuma acts actually had lineup issues?

I only saw the big lineups for Jamie XX and 2Bears.
    Last edited by Bumblebee; 04-26-2013 at 12:20 PM.

hawtin on sunday of weekend 1 definitely had one almost comparable to the jamie xx one.

Seriously. The complaining on here is crazy. I never waited for more than 20 minutes for Yuma, and I was ok with it, I put on extra sunscreen, had bubbles, and made friends with people in line and they smoked me up. They said they hated having to wait in line and I was like "yeah, but you knew you had to, right? so here, lets play a game." and they laughed and it was all good. Then again, I only saw Four Tet into DJ Harvey, 2 Bears only had like a 5 minute wait, Maya Jane Cole (after the late notice, so we only waited for like 5 minutes at 6:10). So, I guess I just had a different experience.

Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    Seriously. The complaining on here is crazy. I never waited for more than 20 minutes for Yuma, and I was ok with it, I put on extra sunscreen, had bubbles, and made friends with people in line and they smoked me up. They said they hated having to wait in line and I was like "yeah, but you knew you had to, right? so here, lets play a game." and they laughed and it was all good. Then again, I only saw Four Tet into DJ Harvey, 2 Bears only had like a 5 minute wait, Maya Jane Cole (after the late notice, so we only waited for like 5 minutes at 6:10). So, I guess I just had a different experience.
    That made me laugh. A large part of these forums is complaining, so it's no surprise. Sometimes it's hard to believe that people actually have fun at Coachella the way these forums talk about it.

I saw the ridiculous lines and just walked right past it. Or sat and ate while watching the line grow and grow. There was one point where the people at the end of the line wouldn't even be able to see the front of the line, it was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    I had a similar experience W2. Showed up 20 minutes before Four Tet was supposed to go on (during PT, he was 30 mins late) and got in with no line. My GF showed up a few minutes after Four Tet was supposed to start and only had to wait 15 mins. The only time I had to wait was before Jamie Jones, and we only waited for 10 minutes. Every other time (MJC, Hawtin, maybe another) we showed up mid set and just walked right in. It seemed to me like they had things under control W2.

I love the Yuma tent, but something has to change. There was a lot of bleed over into the tents. I was trying to listen to Father John Misty and all you could hear was this blaring bass and…oh wait.

Never mind.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

what weekend did you go? because yuma only bled into the open air area of the heineken dome patio and into the food court/vendors area.

djjoshchambers = fail.

Yuma is the best stage at Coachella.

I went in for Pete tong and 2bears and had no problems cutting whatsoever
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Marques Wyatt - UCLA, Paul Mccartney - Dodger Stadium, Yes - Greek Theater, Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

The Yuma was amazing.
    Our group went in there first thing Friday (30 minutes before dj even began) to see it. We sat on the couches by the soundbooth and the guys there started giving us ice cold PBR's and Grey Goose/Sprites quicker than we could drink them. Thank the girls for that most likely.

Came back to see Huoratrons set and Four Tet both were great.

Line for Hawtin was stupid but oh well i saw other great shit.

Yuma = Bad Ass Experience! I seen Raymond Rocker, Pete Tong, Maya Jane Coles, Jaime xx and the 2 bears and they're were all on point and the sound was amazing! So you can take your fail and shove it!
    [B]Darthlaker

I saw some people aloud to cut in line by security at the front of the line as well as being let out a side entrance to use porta potties and let back in through that same side entrance, Can anyone speak from experience that these people were VIP ? I highly doubt they were artist/guest wristbands, Considering doing VIP if this is indeed a perk, I know its not listed anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan5454 View Post
    I saw some people aloud to cut in line by security at the front of the line as well as being let out a side entrance to use porta potties and let back in through that same side entrance, Can anyone speak from experience that these people were VIP ? I highly doubt they were artist/guest wristbands, Considering doing VIP if this is indeed a perk, I know its not listed anywhere
    it's called palming the guy a $20.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

I still haven't been in the tent. Everytime I walked past, there was a line. Couldn't even see Richie Hawtin
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    it's called palming the guy a $20.
    +1. Split that with 4 people and you're golden. Definitely would be worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ, who the hell is this Godspeed asshole?