Thread: Share your flakey friend story

Lurker

Default Share your flakey friend story

So full disclosure: my friend has confirmed she will be driving to coachella with me tomorrow afternoon- So she's not technically flaking (hopefully) but she didn't confirm until literally 20 minutes ago and we'll have to leave much later than I want to...

So now, even though I'm relatively sure she's going, I'm more pissed at her than ever. I was left on the hook for more than a month wondering if I would have to sell tickets, share my camp space, get a ride from someone else. Trying to head to Indio with the most stellar vibes possible but she has already fueled my hate fire.

Share your flakey friend stories and maybe I won't want to punch her so hard.

Default Re: Share your flakey friend story

One of my best friends in high school had really bad eczema.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

I've got a doozy...

So I have this friend who has went with our group to the past two Coachellas. A good friend of mine, but super flakey. Somehow in both of those two years she's only managed to make it 2 out of the 3 days of Coachella. That should've been a red flag for me right there when she asked me to help find her tickets, but I'm a moron and I did it anyway.

So last Friday I'm wondering what time she's going to show up, so I contact her. Apparently something is wrong with the water in her apartment complex and she can't get ready at her place, and has to drive to her parent's place to get ready there instead(which is otw to Indio). The day progresses until there's no point in her showing up really, which of course she doesn't.

Fast forward to Saturday and that afternoon she texts me saying that her stomach hurts, possibly from brushing her teeth with the dirty water from the day before. She says she'll make it out for sure though, which she does...at 10:00 that night!

So we hang out for a grand total of 3 hours that night, but she ends up getting a room about a half hour from the fest so you have to figure she'd be able to make it all day on Sunday, right? Wrong. Some combination of credit card problems at the hotel, having to spend time buying something to wear for the windy weather, and car problems.

Now I'm officially over it, but it still sucks knowing you spent your time and energy trying to help a friend share that Coachella magic with you to no avail. The worst part is what a distraction it was spending time checking in when my phone battery was already on life support all weekend. Never again!
    Coachella: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W1, 2013 W1 & W2, 2014 W1 & W2

Cattypillar - let it go and ready yourself for a great Coachella. Be thankful it worked out you could go, and consider that thousands without tickets would give a limb to be in your position. You have a couple of days to shop and get it together, which is more than enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Cattypillar - let it go and ready yourself for a great Coachella. Be thankful it worked out you could go, and consider that thousands without tickets would give a limb to be in your position. You have a couple of days to shop and get it together, which is more than enough.
    Agreed. I've dealt with some bullshit both last weekend and in preparation for this upcoming one but not to sound like one of those, but if you just go with it things will work themselves out. It's Coachella after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Alternatively, you could kill her, leave her body in the desert, and celebrate the victory of justice on your own this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I don't even know where to start with mine....

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by christopepper View Post
    I've got a doozy...

So I have this friend who has went with our group to the past two Coachellas. A good friend of mine, but super flakey. Somehow in both of those two years she's only managed to make it 2 out of the 3 days of Coachella. That should've been a red flag for me right there when she asked me to help find her tickets, but I'm a moron and I did it anyway.

So last Friday I'm wondering what time she's going to show up, so I contact her. Apparently something is wrong with the water in her apartment complex and she can't get ready at her place, and has to drive to her parent's place to get ready there instead(which is otw to Indio). The day progresses until there's no point in her showing up really, which of course she doesn't.

Fast forward to Saturday and that afternoon she texts me saying that her stomach hurts, possibly from brushing her teeth with the dirty water from the day before. She says she'll make it out for sure though, which she does...at 10:00 that night!

So we hang out for a grand total of 3 hours that night, but she ends up getting a room about a half hour from the fest so you have to figure she'd be able to make it all day on Sunday, right? Wrong. Some combination of credit card problems at the hotel, having to spend time buying something to wear for the windy weather, and car problems.

Now I'm officially over it, but it still sucks knowing you spent your time and energy trying to help a friend share that Coachella magic with you to no avail. The worst part is what a distraction it was spending time checking in when my phone battery was already on life support all weekend. Never again!

Thanks Christopepper! This does make me want to punch her less...

Glad I could help. If you want you can punch my friend in the face instead. Haha.

I also should've added I still had a blast, maybe even the best of my five year run. If you're like me you wait all year for this, so don't let it get in the way of you having a good time!
    Coachella: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W1, 2013 W1 & W2, 2014 W1 & W2

How bout inviting your friend to his first coachella only to have him give you free tabs on your birthday and ruin your trip/weekend by making you run around the polo fields like a fucking chicken with it's head cut off because he was scared and lost under some car.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by christopepper View Post
    Glad I could help. If you want you can punch my friend in the face instead. Haha.

I also should've added I still had a blast, maybe even the best of my five year run. If you're like me you wait all year for this, so don't let it get in the way of you having a good time!

Not looking forward to the tense 3 hour drive but I'll definitely have a blast once I'm there.
    Also I feel lucky that the girl I'm going
    with isn't as flakey as your friend but I did know someone exactly like that once so I'd gladly punch her for you. I forgive her though, turns out she was secretly doing A LOT of speed. Friendship!

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Deegz View Post
    How bout inviting your friend to his first coachella only to have him give you free tabs on your birthday and ruin your trip/weekend by making you run around the polo fields like a fucking chicken with it's head cut off because he was scared and lost under some car.
    Sounds pretty fun really. My friend is straight-edge so I have to bring my own

And people are worried that going solo will "ruin" their experience... the independence affords you the freedom to make Coachella your own, as you aren't held accountable for anybody but yourself.

Disclaimer: I had a bunch of friends there that I hung out with from time to time, but I never tied myself to their agenda, nor did I ever ask/expect them to tie me to theirs.

Ugh, I'm never taking new friends to their first coachella ever again.
    Ours had a meltdown for no reason in the hotel Saturday night after 2 perfectly good days and wound up driving himself home Sunday morning before the rest of us woke up.
    We had the best Sunday ever without him.

AHAHHAHAHA OMG I spit my water out! Thanks I needed this today.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    One of my best friends in high school had really bad eczema.
    "I don't worry about rivals... After all, there will never be another me." Katy Price