Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yeah Yeah Yeahs -- Please Bury Mosquito

Default Re: Yeah Yeah Yeahs -- Please Bury Mosquito

YES, LIKE EVERYTHING IN LIFE THESE ARE OPINIONS. IT'S CALLED SUBJECTIVE REALITY YOU DUMB FUCK.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    YES, LIKE EVERYTHING IN LIFE THESE ARE OPINIONS. IT'S CALLED SUBJECTIVE REALITY YOU DUMB FUCK.

YYYs set at W1 was decent. Not bad, but not a highlight by any means. Mosquito is terrible for sure, but YYYs have, to be honest, always been a hit and miss live band for me. However, when they are on, they are ON. They were not "on," by any means during last weeks performance. If so many of you guys think that YYYs performance was great, I cannot wait for you guys to see a YYYs set that is actually great.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

YYYs were one of my 2 or 3 favorites of the weekend. Definitely better than OP is making it out to be.

Sorry OP you can put me in the category of whole heartily disagreeing with you. It was my first time seeing the and I had high expectations. They were exceeded which hardly ever happens. It's too early to tell if Mosquito is a bomb...all I know is their performance was either my first or second favorite of the weekend.

I thought the sound on this set was like the Modest Mouse set that came before... In and out problems with Karen's mic, bad mixing, etc... I thought she had a lot of energy but the sound was off until the last few songs.

True, it did get better at the very end but still not great. Things just weren't mixed properly.

That is NOT what Maps sounds like. You could barely hear Karen except when she screamed and when she screamed it was only as loud as the rest of her should have been.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Randy: Stands in the Back. Bitches about Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

The sound is better in the back. You guys just have really shitty excuses for ears. As I recall, you all thought that Roger Waters could sing you dumb fucks.

It felt like an uneven performance to me. I've seen them 4 times -- this was the third time at Coachella and the 4th was in a fairly small venue, which was the best performance of theirs I've seen. Their energy last week just seemed off, kind of like what I felt was the problem in 2009. They weren't bad by any means, they just didn't reach the heights I've seen them scale in the past. "Subway" was a mistake in that setting and "Maps" didn't sound good. I was most impressed by their It's Blitz songs, as it seems like they've honed those to perfection.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

and if O-face ever starts packing on the pounds they can just change the meaning to "Weight, they don't love you like I love you. Weight.."
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Hi guys. Nick. Karen. Other guy.

Here's the thing: the new album is... not good. I love you guys. I've loved you for many years. I've defended you through so-so performances, I've backed up how epic and glorious you can sound against all assault.

But there's a problem. You're doing something with this new album which is a terrible idea. Your set on Friday sounded pretty good until you changed something with the mix and Karen's mic around the third song when you went into the Mosquito material that wasn't Sacrilege and it knocked Karen's vocal out and the whole thing just sounded fucked up.

The new album is not that good. But you could still maintain yourselves as a great act to see live if you just bail on this whole idea.

Forget the new album. Nobody buys albums anyway. If you fuck this up, you're going to jeopardize your ability to stay employed as professional musicians which is determined solely by whether or not you are going to stay a good live draw that can fill a venue.

Abandon this new crap. Go back to playing mostly Fever To Tell and Show Your Bones material, throw in two songs from the first EP, throw in a smattering from It's Blitz and start playing Sealings again.

Don't fuck this up please. You are a great band. But you're not acting like one.
    I dont know what you are talking about. The new album is great. Live the new songs dont sound great yet, but I dont think they have them down yet. But seeing them friday the 12th was awesome, but seeing them last tuesday in ventura was like what it was seeing them before they went all synthy.

The new album has some great tracks that i am sure whenever the tides turn you will think its great. But how can you not love "Despair", "Slave", "Mosquito" and even Under the Earth sounds better on the album. Dont be a hipster anymore.

[QUOTE=loubque;2728079]I dont know what you are talking about. The new album is great. Live the new songs dont sound great yet, but I dont think they have them down yet. But seeing them friday the 12th was awesome, but seeing them last tuesday in ventura was like what it was seeing them before they went all synthy.
    QUOTE]

What exactly is your definition great? really bad music with two mediocre songs that stand out because everything else is utter shit.
    That alien song. WTF?
    Certain songs they get so scratched into our souls

Rich, rich, rich...
    Idol snake, get out of that skin.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

YYYs killed both weekends and the new material was the best of both sets...

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

they were beyond awesome, though i do agree that the actual song 'mosquito' sucked as a song completely.

i wasn't a huge sacrilege fan on record, but damn did it slay live.

W1 was one of the flattest YYY's shows I've seen. Didn't really grip me. I thought Karen was struggling a bit with the vocals. Her voice seemed a bit shot. Will see how they are on Wednesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

Arrow Re: Yeah Yeah Yeahs -- Please Bury Mosquito

I can't get "rich, rich, rich, rich, rich, rich" out of my head since hearing it weekend 1. That beat is so freakin awesome. I'm lovin this band.
    Idol snake, get out of that skin.

I pute them as the best performance of the weekend on my list: http://www.travelgrom.com/travel-blo...lla-2013-video

Couldn't agree more. They totally killed any momentum they were building when they played them quiet-ass shits from Mosquito. Any YYY's set that doesn't include Y Control is a huge disappointment for me anyway. When the hell did Heads Will Roll get so damn popular? Missed that memo.

Ditto on the Y Control and confusion about Heads Will Roll. I mean it's a cute track and all and I guess it's better than Zero but it still feels like a fun little diversion from their proper course that they took than it does a track that really belongs in their current sets. There are a bunch of tracks off Show Your Bones or even IsIs that would grab the crowd better.

"Heads Will Roll" is arguably their most famous song. I believe it is because of the EDM boom and how many of those artists (like A-Trak) remix "Heads Will Roll" on a usual basis.

"Subway", the quietest new song they played weekend one, was my highlight of the performance. Especially with the emphasis on David Pajo on bass.

Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

Absolutely no one would argue that Heads Will Roll is their most famous song, you goddamn fucking moron.

Heads Will Roll fucking sucks.

Absolutely no one would argue that Heads Will Roll is their most famous song, you goddamn fucking moron.
    According to this quick search, it and "Maps" are the only two that come close. I do acknowledge that this list isn't the best indication but it is a pretty good one.

http://www.youtube.com/user/YeahYeah...&view=0&sort=p

Upcoming shows
    Events

I'll go one further and show that of the top ten YYYs tracks on Spotify "Heads Will Roll" and it's remixes occupy 4 spots

yyys.jpg

Upcoming shows
    Events

Anything newer will place higher on Spotify and Youtube. Empire State Of Mind I'm sure has a couple hundred million more hits than every other Jay-Z song. That doesn't make it his most popular song. You're a fucking moron. Shaddup.

I took your advice. I was in the back week 1 and still landed up walking away from them. A friend made some type of reference that their performance was a caricature of themselves, or something along those lines.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.