Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: crazy things you've seen at coachella

Default Re: crazy things you've seen at coachella

Quote Originally Posted by ethan View Post
    I guess the girl was leaving with him and according to my friends she had a pretty frightened look on her face when the realization of the fact that she was getting into a car with some guy from Mexico who she had just met that night set in. I hope she was okay.
    JESUS CHRIST!
    "A man of genius is privileged only as far as he is genius. His dullness is as insupportable as any other dullness." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

eeeeps... this is why uhm.. dont do drugs!

This topic is going to grow at least 50 pages after this year, I guarantee it.

last year I saw some Tool fans smoking crack right after massive attacks set. They were trying to pretend it was weed, but I live in Vancouver and have seen a many of a crack pipe in my day.

lol...crackhead Tool fans...seems almost contradictory...
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

Tommy Lee on a Segue scooter.

a group of pixies fans shooting smack
    DEF NOYZE

Can't remember which year or band, maybe 2002 Chemical Brothers. Girl blowing a guy next to me at the main stage for the headliner. No pun intended. It was one of those, is this really happening, kind of moment. Good stuff though.
    I'll take you. I can't promise to stay soft the whole time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    Can't remember which year or band, maybe 2002 Chemical Brothers. Girl blowing a guy next to me at the main stage for the headliner. No pun intended. It was one of those, is this really happening, kind of moment. Good stuff though.
    that's sick
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

thats great!

that's ballsy.

Imagine giving a guy head right against a stage, being squished by other sweaty people wathcing a band. That takes nerves of steal.
    Peace, Love and Coachella.

If you're talking about the girl's nerves of steel, it takes nerves of steel for the guy, too. Remember what happened in The World According to Garp? The car in the driveway?

The craziest shit I've seen so far was the swarm of bees that attacked during M.I.A. I ran out of there like George Costanza knocking old women and children over...I mean, I was clearing a path for everyone else!...uggh.

Once in the beer garden this girl was wasted out of her mind and started taking her bikini off (top and bottoms). One would think this was a good thing, but trust me, after the rolls of fat settled, I had to find a trash can to puke in. Security saw her and ended up having to chase her around and all I could think was "for the love of god, please stop running!" Still haunts my dreams to this day...

Some dude was passed out outside the Sahara during Kraftwerk and would only wake up every few minutes to puke on himself. He kept rolling over and it was just smearing it even more all over himself. People kept trying to wake him up but there was so much puke you couldn't even tap him on the shoulder without getting it on you. Just proves that drinking $7 Heineken's in the 100 degree heat all day may not be advisable...

Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    This is awesome.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    that's ballsy.

Imagine giving a guy head right against a stage, being squished by other sweaty people wathcing a band. That takes nerves of steal.
    Hehe...I think ballsy is the perfect word to describe it...

Also, admirable...charitable...incredible...

Any girl that has the guts to do that is OK in my book. Haha...a "ride or die" chick...lol
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by SubBass49 View Post
    Hehe...I think ballsy is the perfect word to describe it...

Also, admirable...charitable...incredible...

Any girl that has the guts to do that is OK in my book. Haha...a "ride or die" chick...lol
    Yes, my dream girl is one who will give me head during Radiohead. Oh yeah!

I pulled a genius move and left one of my car windows open saturday last year and someone wrote IDIOT in dirt on the back window, but no one took anything.
    That just goes to show you the kind of crowd that goes to the concert. No one stole, but they did make sure that I knew I was dumb. And they were right.

I traded someone in the parking lot a signed Eagles of Death Metal cd for a guitar that I still use today.

One of my friends claimed they smoked with J. Devil from EODM when they saw him walking around.

Hundreds of people in bunny ears watching Gram Rabbit in the middle of a desert afternoon.

I would love to see a picture of the rabbit ears!

Quote Originally Posted by CoveredinPunksBlood View Post
    Hundreds of people in bunny ears watching Gram Rabbit in the middle of a desert afternoon.
    i was the guy trying to cover up my boner.

damn she fine.

did anyone else see/does anyone have a picture of:

this really short dude with really long dreads, really long arms, and really big hands that would run/dance all around the sahara tent? anyone know who i'm talking about?

I swear I see that guy at every festival I've ever been too! If he's not there, it's not a real festival. I also feel that he enjoys Dave Matthews Band and hackysacking, so what he watches at Coachella is beyond me. That Mr. is awesome.

what about those two girls with the shirts that said "fist" and "fuck"?

Quote Originally Posted by Natelevmofuggaz View Post
    Aww I was getting so into reading these and now there's no more.

Ha last year I heard some guy whacking it in the portapotty.

Funny shit.
    aw man... you heard that? sorry.

that dude with the dreads was way creepy last year! I couldnt turn away LOL

I posted this already on the old board(in the BMOTW thread) but in 2005 we only went to Saturday.We packed up the tent and stuff early Sunday morning and were heading towards the 10,and all of a sudden I saw a flying truck.
    It was a huge Ford Excursion and it was 2 or 3 car lengths ahead of us,on the other side of the (two-lane)road,and it was flying upside-down from the left side about 8 or 9 feet high,and it landed with a soft thud on it's driver side in the dirt between the sidewalk and the backyard wall of a house.
    The car ahead of us didn't even slow down,and we pulled over a little ahead of the accident.I looked down through the open passenger window and saw a young(kinda hot) girl in her early twenties,crouching on the driver's side door,and she just looked up and said,"Get me out of here!"
    I was able to open the passenger door and reached down and pulled her out pretty easily.She was just wearing gym shorts and a t-shirt,and probably weighed just over a hundred pounds.
    At this point,a woman from the house peered over the fence and she called 911 (this was before I had a cell phone).The cop arrived about 5 minutes later,and I remember I was kinda nervous because of some items I had in the back of our car,but he just asked what happened and took our names and phone number.I did feel like an idiot because as soon he got there he reached in and turned off the ignition of the truck,something that hadn't ocurred to me in all the commotion.
    The most amazing thing was the girl was completely unharmed,no bruises,cuts or even a scratch.She was kinda in shock,and then started worrying because it was her friend's truck she had just borrowed.I don't know if this is good advertising for the truck being safe or not,because while she wasn't hurt,it was,after all,flying when I first saw it.(She said she was going about 40 and swerved to avoid a dip,but then hit the dip when she swerved back and that launched her up in the air.)
    The best thing was me and my girlfriend were fighting and she wasn't talking to and we were just starting our trip back to Phoenix,and after this happened everything was o.k.
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

Awwwww. The breakjaws fell back in love.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

someone turn that into a movie please

Thanks for your stories!

I was one of the crazy kids flailing at the swarm of bees at MIA. However, there were swarms of bees at the Pixies [I was SE of the stage] in '04 that did not seem to incite as much terror. I guess I'd rather take a hit for Kim Deal.

I also saw the guy that was picked up in the port-a-potty when the trucks were emptying them. I just wanted to die for him. The amazing thing is that he opened the door, stepped out, put his hat on, and began to walk into the field like nothing had happened (whilst the witnesses' jaws were dropped in sheer horror or empathy). I commend that guy.

Jack Black was in the parking lot after the show in '03. He was dancing around a line of PT Cruisers, all arms and headbanging when my friend exclaimed, "Hey, Jack Black!" He danced a jig up to her, snapped a photo, and continued on his merry way without saying a single word.

Cameron Diaz threw a complete fit when my two stoner pals took a photo of her ass.

I was walking out of the Sahara tent when I saw this insanely smiley, sweaty guy running full-speed toward me. I began to turn around nervously to see where he may have been aiming his sights. Before I could face him again, he had picked me up, twirled me around, mumbled something about sweethearts, put me down and ran away as quickly as he had come. It was Timo Maas. It made my day.

I saw Danny DeVito in the crowd in '03. I can say no more than that.

A really lovely guy asked me to dance in the beer garden while Massive Attack was on. I know it sounds dumb, but it was so sweet. It was one of those perfect-moment moments.

Last year on Jackson Street, a cop directing traffic got hit by a lady in a Cadillac (obviously messed up or disoriented) who had stopped in the middle of the intersection. Obviously full of adrenaline with no back-up around, the officer began hitting the hood of her car with his flashlight and screaming at her as she put her foot on the gas and peeled away into the night. He instantly turned around and began directing traffic again as if nothing had happened.

More later.

These stories are amazing. I hope I see Jack Black so he can do a little jig up to me and maybe do a little of his scat music.