Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: crazy things you've seen at coachella

vinylmartyr

Default Re: crazy things you've seen at coachella

That was funny.

Hah I remember the car sign.

Last year as we were leaving there was a couple fighting because the chick had lost her boyfriend and wasted all night looking for him, while he was out grooving to Daft Punk with other friends. Every time the guy would try to say something, the chick would interrupt him and say 'you know what?!? f$ck you'. Every. Single. Time.

It was awesome. My friends and I still use that phrase -- you know what?

My friend and I saw a lady wearing a wedding dress in the dance tent last year. Not as sweltering as the bear suit but uncomfortable; I'd think.

I also have a video of the jogger guys somewhere on my computer. I should dig it up and post it; it was quite entertaining watching them jammin' to YYY's.
    Last edited by GirlsGone(Oscar)Wilde; 02-13-2007 at 01:35 AM.

I'd love to see the jogger guys clip!

Well...seeing that Suffacated n' I live right on Monroe Street 2 blocks away, just looking over the wall at the line of cars is pretty crazy! And, if our plan to get married at COACHELLA happens, I imagine that will be pretty crazy as well!!! LOVE@COACHELLA!!!

WOW! JUST SEEING THIS PIC HAS ME THINKING WE GOTTA DO IT SUFFACATED! REFERING TO "MARRIED AT COACHELLA 2007 POST"
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    this wasn't exactly "crazy", but the broken social scene proposal in 2004 was pretty rad:

Right as the Zutons started their set at the outdoor stage two guys in front of me sparked up a J. We were at the way back of the crowd so these dudes were not quite Low Profile. Two copers sweep in before the dudes can get a second hit. One of the smokers was trying to squirm out of the officers reach which only made the cops more hostile. Total buzz kill for me, but a cautionary tale for all of us. Be smart, be hidden. Don't let the good stuff or the man ruin your weekend.
    Last edited by Foppie; 02-13-2007 at 01:47 PM.

Lurker

God, I wanna go back! This shit is too good to miss!
    "No wire hangers!"

okay the muffins were funny as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasabian View Post
    I saw the actor Jason Lee taking pictures of the band AutoLux on stage during their set in 05. Not on the side of the stage - but actually waltzing around on stage. It took me a while to figure out that it was even a celebrity due to high volumes of facial hair. Did anyone else see this?
    I saw this as well, but I didnt think it was durning Autolux..hmmm..anyway yeah I didnt recognize him cause of all that facial hair but the friend who I was with did
    You ever drunk Bailey's from a shoe?

glamourdamaged.etsy.com

Last year i was waiting for my sister in the bathroom and I saw a girl coming out of one of the porta potties and she was wearing a mini skirt she look at me and when straight where the purel things are and she got like a kilometer of paper stock in her panties it came out of her skirt i was going to tell her but she was walking like she was miss universe so i let her go jajajajaja.

Don´t look bad at me or i let you go doing an embarresment of youre self

The jogging outfits were cliches before the jogging dudes even thought of wearing jogging outfits to the fest.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

We don't jog in fact we're the High Fiving Team from Uraguay!! Coachella is the Super Bowl of high fiving.

O6 and this guy near the dance tent when carl cox and DAFT PUNK wher eon, had these glowing lights all over him ....

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Last year I saw a guy pissing into a trashcan in the middle of the field by the mainstage before Tool came on.

Also those similarly dressed "jogger" guys. Not so much weird as slightly amusing.

Also also, there is always some kid that has to have the biggest mohawk ever. Be on the lookout for that this year.
    whats this kid look like?

he has a mohawk
    Coachella Vet: '99, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09...

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    SUBBASS49 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by depechemodekraftwerk View Post
    O6 and this guy near the dance tent when carl cox and DAFT PUNK wher eon, had these glowing lights all over him ....
    i saw the same guy at madonna's confessions tour.
    same shirt and all. must be a madonna fan.
    coachella vet: 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09......
    http://mrgwillgo.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    OK, here is a part of a re-cap I wrote back from my Coachella 2004 trip. This is the absolute truth. The names have been changed. I give you The Raven Situation. Read this

...When everybody was at the car we decided just to chill there for a while, let the traffic die down, spark one up, and enjoy the moment. We were all just loving the night, the weekend, the experience, and each other. J and I were of course putting on a good show of trying to tell a story and getting nowhere fast with it, when a few yards away from us we saw a terrible sight. There was this young woman pushing a stroller towards us and from behind her this guy came up and pushed her very, very hard. He then said some stuff to her and hit her over the head. I am not sure if it was with his hand or a bottle, but I saw her face and I could tell that it hurt. Now being in the state I was and looking at these people, I first thought that maybe they were just f*cking with us. Like just making a scene to get a reaction and then laugh and ha ha ha. But we all soon realized that this was no joke. This guy hit this girl and was ready to do more if she couldn’t get away from him. So she kinda walked near us, asked us in a very quivering voice if she could join us and she sat down by J and myself. Well the guy stood back for a while and then JN went over to the girl to console the girl. I thought JN did an awesome job of asking questions and just being there for her. The girl explained that he has hit her before because she was with someone else when they were separated. Then the dude slowly walked up to us and asked if he could get a light for a smoke. She said, “Why would you want a light when you don’t even smoke?” So the guy is there, I stand up next to him and take my beer bottle and hold it like I am going to crack this d!ck if he even tries something.
    Now let me try and paint a picture for you of what these two looked like. She is wearing all black fishnets, a skirt, top, and shoes. She has bruises on her arms, and short orange-like hair. I decided to call her Matilda. This guy was about 5’6, 125lbs soaking wet. He kinda looked like Jack White from The White Stripes but with zero amount of cool what so ever in him. He was wearing… go figure, black shoes, pants, and a shirt. I decided to call him Raven. Basically, they look like the people you would see at Neo. So Raven is telling Matilda that she is going with him. Well none of us were going to let that happen at all and he starts saying stuff like, “She f*cking cheated on me. Have you ever had someone cheat on you before?” Well I am now standing next to this dumb f*ck, pissed as all hell that our buzz for the entire trip has just been killed, and I burst out with a, “YEAH, YOU F*CK, BUT I NEVER F*CKING HIT HER!!!! ALL OF US HAVE BEEN CHEATED ON!!! IT DOESN’T GIVE YOU ANY F*CKING RIGHT TO HIT A GIRL” So now it seems that I was the guy that Raven was going to deal with. I am not saying that no one else was doing anything because they all were, but I remember what I did because I was freaked out by all of this. So as I am standing there talking to this guy I start to walk through everyone still sitting in the circle and while I do this I am kicking the video camera towards everyone hoping that someone would get the damn hint and start videotaping what was going down. The hint was never received. So this guy is still trying to get her to go with him and she isn’t budging.
    The idea was brought up for this guy to walk away for 15 minutes and cool down. I say to the guy in a ‘get the hell out of here kind of voice’ “Dude, I will give you a cigarette if you just walk away. Now will you just leave!!!” The guy stares at me in the eye for a moment and walks away. As he is leaving I shout out, “Thanks for letting me keep my cigarette!!!” So the girl is crying, she introduces us to her baby, the baby looks up, and as if we were in some sort of movie, smiles and giggles. My heart almost jumped out of my mouth and ran away. It was so heartbreaking. Then we are talking how we need to get the cops, and she starts talking as if were right out of a textbook of ‘what battered woman say’. ‘He didn’t mean it.” “It didn’t really hurt.” I deserved it.” Well everyone is like, “F*ck no!!!” During this time, K and I walk to the back of the car to get a water and K suggest that maybe these two are gypsies and might come and rob us. Then we notice the guy walking back but around the other side of the car. I figure he is going to try and grab the stroller and run or something worse so I go and now I am standing next to the baby and across from him. So he starts saying stuff to us and I start saying stuff to him and kinda being a d!ck to him, which he deserved, and I notice his hands. I can’t see them. Right at this moment I look up and he was staring directly into my eyes. The look on his face was scary. It looked like he was going to do something that could absolutely change everyone lives. It looked like he was going to kill me. At least that was what I thought. So in a matter of about seconds I thought to myself, “this guy has a knife or a gun behind his back and is about to kill someone, and that someone is going to be me.” It could have been the enhancements, but I think everyone was thinking the same thing. So I start walking around the circle so I can see what is behind his back. When I get to K, K says, ‘S why don’t you get out of here and get the cops.” I 100% agreed. I looked behind this guys back and all I could see was something that I thought was a lighter but I wasn’t sure.
    So I run down to the road out of the lot and grab a cop. He tells me to get in the car and show him where this is taking place. Now this sucked because he didn’t go the way I ran so when we got to the lot I tried explaining to these 2 cops where this was. “Over there straight ahead, no, no, go left it’s right over there by that red van.” So the cops start going to a red van but it wasn’t the one I was talking about. “Then I tell him, “behind you right over there.” I saw where I wanted to go but I could explain it to the cop because I am an idiot. So then the cops say to me, ‘You’re not f*cking with us, are you?” “No, no, look right over there by those people.” And he see’s everyone.
    So the cops and I get to the site and they get the guy and put him in cuffs and sit him down by the cop car. One of the cops was with him and the other cop was with the girl and all of us. As he is talking to us he tells her what will happen to him if she presses charges and basically he is f*cked for life. So she is crying, we are all just miserable because of all of this, and that is when the paranoia started to kick in.
    At this point the cop is talking to us and asking us who saw her get hit. It was JN, J, P, and my puddled a$$. So he asked to see all of ID’s. Well this whole time I felt like he was looking at me, obviously knowing that I was on something or another and I kept thinking that this guy is going to arrest me too. So when he asks for my ID, I give it to him and then he says, “Would you mind reading your Drivers License Number for me, I can’t see it so well?” So now I am like, “Sure, no problem.” At this moment I could feel everyone just looking at me hoping to God that I wouldn’t f*ck this up. I am about to have a heart attack and I grab the ID and read off the number. I am pretty sure I did a good job of it, but who the hell knows. So now, if this thing goes to trial we might be called upon to serve as witnesses and have to fly out to California for a court case.
    It is now about 2 in the morning, we are all ready to get the hell out of there, and the cops decide to leave us along for a moment so we can talk about what should happen. We all were in agreement that this idiot should be locked up. B decided that he should be locked up just for the fact that he was wearing white socks with black pants. That kinda lifted everyone’s spirits. The cop came back with the girl and the decision was made that she was going with the one cop and Raven was going with the other. Fine let’s leave.

Jesus Christ man! What a bloody nightmare. And all you were trying to do was help someone. What a fucking dog's dinner that nearly turned in to.

Did you ever hear of it again?
    Explore, Dream, Discover.

In '04 I saw a guy climb to the top of the Sahara Tent then slide down the other side. I thought that was pretty effing rad.
    All the punks think that you're dumb.

I saw the guy in the dog suit a few times last year. The last time I saw him he was passed out hard core!

wow after reading this thread i know i missed a LOT... i saw a group of guys playing three card monte on my way from parking lot to gate, and i saw some hotties dressed up anime style/jpop-rock with cool contact lenses that made their eyes X'd out...
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

I have no idea how she could wear boots like that all day.

Quote Originally Posted by depechemodekraftwerk View Post
    this guy?

lollipops and crisps

right now ATX (that's Austin, TX for you squares)

i wasi nthe parking lot with 5 otherp eople tlaking at like 1am or so...and this guy tripping balls coame up to use and sat down and joined us. None of us knew him, but he told us his name was fifty, and kept calling everyone love and was trying to tell us aobut the sunshine and how we should read its currency or whatever... overall none of it made sense...it was shite that was off the wall....then somebody called his cell, and we answered it and told the guy on the line thath is firned was completely out of it and he sohuld come get him....but all we could tell him was... we're i nthe parking lot. Then the dude known as fifty jsut got up and left. We were all left specchless.... i think i saw him get knicked by an agnet later on.... all in all it was randomly hilarious...but i bit scary ...
    see kids, Lily Allen is proof, you can go from being a drug dealer in Ibiza, to a musical star, and eventually play at coachella

Quote Originally Posted by AEversW View Post
    this guy?

It's like a glow stick yeti, hahaha classic.
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

.................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

hahaha

keep your pants on!

Saw a woman giving birth before Bauhaus in 05.

not crazy but my favorite thing i saw last year....
    lollipops and crisps

.................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer