Thread: crazy things you've seen at coachella

Lurker

Default Re: crazy things you've seen at coachella

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    HAHAHA thats awesome

Quote Originally Posted by daxton View Post
    Ok. What about that 2nd photo?
    I didn't realize I'd have to dissect each one.
    The second one was this weird glowing thing that was gliding all around the crowd (I assume someone was pushing it) during Portishead's set. I could never see a person controlling it and with Portishead as its soundtrack it was really eerie.
    "It's all happening..."
    Coachella BEARDwatch '08, '11

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    This happened in the beer garden a few years back, except the bees tookover some poor guys hat that was hanging on the fence.

I was standing right next to the hat. I think it was during Gogol. Good times.
    I'm going to put your sidekick in my mojito.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarOwl View Post
    This was great.

Did anybody see the sanitation truck that drove over a watermain in front of the porta-potties on Friday? I was walking right behind the truck out of the camping area with my friends and it spooked the fucking life out of us, because all of a sudden this brown geyser shoots up vertically a good 15-20 feet in the air...and then it starts moving downward; and your initial panic reaction is "oh god, it's raining shit, it's raining shit, it's raining shit..." and all you can do is try to tail it before it hits and you're coated in turds. Suddenly you're 30 feet back and you can see the driver just busted a main on the polo field in the dirt, and the relief washes over you.
    This one is very well written. It has a level of suspense that you don't find in most stories this short.

I dunno if this was ever mentioned in this thread, but did anyone see the naked tripper running around aimlessly inside right next to the entrance. He was wiping his hand in his butt and punching girls in the face. Ripping up trash bags and randomly putting cones on head. It was really disturbing while on mushrooms. Anyway I finally found some evidence of him on youtube. Too bad no one got the full video especially the part of him shit punching girls.

The bees on the tent reminds me of '04

the swarm started forming on this girl's umbrella. Notice how nonchalant some of the people sitting nearby are.

Some brave soul ran in and grabbed her hat & jeans. The hive got bigger.

I was there....through YouTube....

When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaverCat View Post
    I was there....through YouTube....

I was there, it took me a while to figure out what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmontanez View Post
    there was this asian chick in the sahara in 08 who was just sitting there with a dropper of acid, she was tripping balls, kind of just sitting there near the back. In 07, there was this guy doing a crazy e-fueled dance in the sahara, that has been replicated many times by my friends and I.
    LOL.... oh man, I can just picture this. This will be my first Coachella and I can not wait to experience this stuff....

Lurker

Last year in the Beer Tent in between the two outdoor stages I was walking with my group of friends to get a beer and this guy walks by me, and i notice he is peeing while he is walking, just walking with one leg of his shorts hiked up while hes walking and peeing. Just GROSS.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoblaze View Post
    saw some dude sunday night 2010 when gorillaz were done with their set and everyone was leaving. he was running around in his tighty whities ran through the mud. fell down, starting rollin gon the dirt grabbed on to my leg and started saying "i gotta catch the rabbit man. i gotta catch the rabbit!!"
    Took me 3 days to read through all 34 pages of this thread...This one wins!

Funny thing about Coachella is after he left...I'm sure your group laughed for a minute then went back to talking about whatever....just another day at Coachella.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

While waiting for the Gorillaz last year I saw a guy in a chicken suit riding on the back of a guy in a gorilla costume.

Last edited by nathanfairchild; 02-02-2011 at 12:42 PM.
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    While waiting for the Gorillaz last year I saw a guy in a chicken suit riding on the back of a guy in a gorilla costume.

Ha ha ha ha that is hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    Wow. Sure, bringing it back to page 3, but I definitely remember this guy from my second Coachella, back in 05... Only ever saw him in the campgrounds, if not just the camping parking lot. First time was Friday night (night before the festival), walking around being all weird and somewhat aggressive. Then again in the next morning, as he was, from what I could best deduce, climbing out from under a pickup truck after having slept there the night before.

He still seemed pretty fucked up.

Last year while drinking at our tent before Jay-Z, me and a few friends were approached by quite the group. Leading the pack were two black dudes, and I mean BLACK. Decked out with the baggy pants, balla hoodies, chains, and Snoop Dogg braids. While this could have been overlooked, the fact that they each were walking two candy candy kid ravers, (fuzzy boots and all) on a leash... could not. After spotting our confused expressions, they proceeded to walk over and whip out the American flag and wave it our faces yelling "U.S. OF A FUCK YES," etc. Being five Canadians, tripping on acid, we could not have asked for a better scene.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
    Last year while drinking at our tent before Jay-Z, me and a few friends were approached by quite the group. Leading the pack were two black dudes, and I mean BLACK. Decked out with the baggy pants, balla hoodies, chains, and Snoop Dogg braids. While this could have been overlooked, the fact that they each were walking two candy candy kid ravers, (fuzzy boots and all) on a leash... could not. After spotting our confused expressions, they proceeded to walk over and whip out the American flag and wave it our faces yelling "U.S. OF A FUCK YES," etc. Being five Canadians, tripping on acid, we could not have asked for a better scene.
    That's an every day sight in America.
    Welcome to the land of the free.

Not really weird, but if you keep your eyes peeled, you will see a lot of the performers and celebs walking around. I've run into at least 10 over the years. Singer from Grizzly Bear, Bass player from Yeasayer, 2 of Vampire Weekend, Mark Ronson, guy from Klaxons, Duffy, Tommy Lee, Matt Sorum, Katie Perry, Shepard Fairey, Robbie Williams, Bob Forrest, Kelly Osbourne, singer from the Temper Trap.....

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by jgafs View Post
    Probably no one will recall this cause it occurred during an Arcade Fire set...

But does anyone remember a drugged up, naked guy front and center in the crowd during Ghostface Killa in 07?

At first i thought there was a fight or a giant pit starting up...but no, it was a 100lb butt plug trying to play doctor.

The crowd parted like the Red Sea when he was stumbling around trying to grab any dude.
    Haha! I have a picture!

anyone remember last year when the top of the rig of the main stage caught on fire?
    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

Quote Originally Posted by BeeII View Post
    anyone remember last year when the top of the rig of the main stage caught on fire?
    I heard that was intentional for Coheeds set?

During Phoenix I saw a naked guy climbing one of the speakers. He looked like he was having a blast.
    Do you hear me Denver? Or shall I turn it up for you?

WTF is up with all the nudity?? I've taken plenty of drugs in my life, and never once have I felt compelled to get naked unless there was a like-minded woman near me. I feel like I'm missing out.

Some drugs make you feel like your clothes are on fire....or perhaps it brings out your inner molester...
    When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post

haha. I saw this!

My buddy and I were chillen for the Gorillaz too when all of sudden we hear this chant, "Chicken.. Chicken.. Chicken..! Chicken..!" The dude rises from ground, stands up straight, puts on the chicken mask as if it were some sort of safety helmet, and climbed the back of the guy in the Gorilla suit. Im not really sure why, but it was pretty amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinon View Post
    WTF is up with all the nudity?? I've taken plenty of drugs in my life, and never once have I felt compelled to get naked unless there was a like-minded woman near me. I feel like I'm missing out.
    Sometimes you just reach that level where the only thing that makes sense is to get buck naked.

during morrissey '09 some 30 year old woman just put her arms around me from the back, rested her head on my shoulder, and started slow dancing with me; i was 16

last year during gorillaz some girl asked me where i was from and i said i'm a local and she started freaking out saying "he lives here, he lives here!"
    then she started saying she was a tickle monster and started tickling me and telling how she used to do shrooms every day and listen to demon days in her room alone

Shoulda stuck it in her pooper, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomboclat View Post
    Shoulda stuck it in her pooper, imo.
    haha the first girl i was kinda down for but then she just walked away out of nowhere

and last year, nahhh she was way too fucked up

Quote Originally Posted by FEELS View Post
    last year during gorillaz some girl asked me where i was from and i said i'm a local and she started freaking out saying "he lives here, he lives here!"
    then she started saying she was a tickle monster and started tickling me and telling how she used to do shrooms every day and listen to demon days in her room alone
    Why is it that I never meet people like this. Most of the people I meet are sober and boring or on 19 different substances and don't even realize they are having a conversation.

Then again i spend most of my time in the Sahara...

Quote Originally Posted by BeeII View Post
    DSC02342.jpg

I heard it was a stage light or something that caught on fire.

Lurker

I was in a 10 way lesbian orgy backstage during Phoenix while they played Lasso... and I am a guy

KILL PEOPLE BURN SHIT FUCK SCHOOL
    DFA1979 + THE STROKES = $*&^%$^*$&^$(&