Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: crazy things you've seen at coachella

Default Re: crazy things you've seen at coachella

Some guy came up to my friend and he was carrying 3 cups and a ball. And he asked my friend if he wants to bet 5 dollars on that game where he shuffles the cups and you guess where the ball is.
    1st game: The guy makes it pretty easy and my friend wins 5 dollars.
    2nd game: My friend loses 5 dollars.
    3rd game: My friend loses 20 dollars.
    4th game: My friend loses another 20 dollars.

Did I mention my friend was rolling pretty hard?

Moral of the story: avoid wagering money on carnival games if you have taken ecstacy.

Quote Originally Posted by thaipod View Post
    I remember that guy! I saw him during the Cure. I may have even taken a picture with him. I think he was even handing out funny literature as well.
    What was the literature about? I'm having a headache with pictures (a memory)--but it is vague...

I honestly don't remember, my memory is pretty hazy too. But I'm almost positive he was handing something out.

At the very least, he had a lot of funny things to say.

Craziet thing I saw was the dude who climbed the giant giraffe sculpture after Bloc party. That thing had to have been 3 stories tall. That was nuts!!!!
    attended '01,'02,'04,'05,'06,'07,'08,'09,10

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut727 View Post
    This guy that I (and Im sure many others) saw walking around last year. It must have been so damn hot in that thing....

hahaha thats awesome
    Your dreams are never silly; depend on them to guide you.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

this wasn't exactly "crazy", but the broken social scene proposal in 2004 was pretty rad:

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

[QUOTE=chairmenmeow47;27530]this wasn't exactly "crazy", but the broken social scene proposal in 2004 was pretty rad:

That was great. I was just to your left.

Last year on Monday morning somebody had left a flyer for Ladytron under my tent, along with some t-shirt. The t-shirt was white, size XL, and I can't remember what it said exactly, but I remember it being 4:20 related.

In 2005, late Saturday night, a bunch of us at camp were trying to get a soccer game going, and I had a really bad nosebleed. I excused myself to go to the portapotty, where I used my entire pack of tissues in a futile effort to stop the bleeding. And this was a gusher. Blood somehow got on every wall, the door, and all over the toilet seat. And all over my shirt. I looked like Andrew WK. When I returned, a pretty girl asked me if the ball had broken my nose, and figuring that was cooler than having a horrible nosebleed from being allergic to everything out there, I said yeah. Right before security broke up our game efforts and threatened to call the cops on us for breaking the noise curfew, I saw someone walk into that portapotty, only to run out screaming. Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by offyerhead View Post
    That was great. I was just to your left.
    that's awesome! lol, it's cool to post pics and see who was by you

did anyone see this guy last year (on the left)?

his name is steve and he's a friend-of-a-friend. we live in arizona. well, i saw him early in the day saturday in the dance tent and he had said he was with our mutual friend dude (that's what everyone calls him, no clue what his real name is).

well, during depeche mode, we see this "DUDE" sign walking through the crowd and we figured it must have been steve. my friends had seen him more recently than me and had said he had lost his friends and that his friends had all his stuff. so i ran through the crowd to find him and pulled him back to our friends.

he was kinda freaked out since he couldn't find anyone, but he said he met a bunch of friendly people throughout the day, so it wasn't all bad. he left us after a bit to continue his search (and he eventually found them). it was just hilarious to see this "DUDE" sign in the crowd. i kept wondering what people thought since they wouldn't know it was a name
    Last edited by chairmenmeow47; 04-13-2010 at 11:56 AM.

right now ATX (that's Austin, TX for you squares)

anybody catch the guy that climed the fence and mooned the crow trying to exit onthe first night? (I think it was the first night) The freaky part was all the flash photography that went off.

oh and the cops on horses...those horses are massive!
    and the water truck....
    see kids, Lily Allen is proof, you can go from being a drug dealer in Ibiza, to a musical star, and eventually play at coachella

bought mdma powder off some random guy that looked like he was gone...fucking gone. there is hope kids.

i saw some guy explode into a million pieces during Sigur Ros because it was so damn loud. true story... swear to god...
    ~EJR~

haha...i saw the DUDE sign at Depeche Mode, and then saw him again at Daft Punk! thanks for clearing that up, i wondered what was up with that guy!

oh yea, and i notice the random acts of kindness.

i was away from my group and was taking pictures of the main stage last year at sunset, and some dude comes up and offers to take some of me w/the stage in the background.

the dudes who shared a bowl with me and my friend during daft punk.

the two girls who urged me to dance in the mid day heat duing infusion's set.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Last year on Monday morning somebody had left a flyer for Ladytron under my tent, along with some t-shirt. The t-shirt was white, size XL, and I can't remember what it said exactly, but I remember it being 4:20 related.

In 2005, late Saturday night, a bunch of us at camp were trying to get a soccer game going, and I had a really bad nosebleed. I excused myself to go to the portapotty, where I used my entire pack of tissues in a futile effort to stop the bleeding. And this was a gusher. Blood somehow got on every wall, the door, and all over the toilet seat. And all over my shirt. I looked like Andrew WK. When I returned, a pretty girl asked me if the ball had broken my nose, and figuring that was cooler than having a horrible nosebleed from being allergic to everything out there, I said yeah. Right before security broke up our game efforts and threatened to call the cops on us for breaking the noise curfew, I saw someone walk into that portapotty, only to run out screaming. Twice.
    That is amazing.

Last year my friend and I were chillin on the grass and some guy came up and asked us if he could kiss our feet, then proceeded to feed us euphemisms for "foot fetish."

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    Kids running around naked, fucking in the bushes.
    what? kids were running around naked and fucking in the bushes?

I cant believe that no one mentioned the guy a few years ago (I saw him in the tent while Ian McKay was talking) who had a giant leg-bone of some animal on the end of a chain or a rope. It was fleshy and nasty and he was dragging it around with him all day. FREAK.

Also, watching Juliette Lewis & Ethan Suplee dance to Spearhead a few years ago. My brother had me take his picture with them.

There's the people that make the rounds in the parking lot before shows and make you think you're getting a ticket for public drinking, but really they're just asking for money for childrens charities.

-- J

Quote Originally Posted by smoke View Post
    haha...i saw the DUDE sign at Depeche Mode, and then saw him again at Daft Punk! thanks for clearing that up, i wondered what was up with that guy!
    LOL, glad to clear it up. i couldn't stop laughing thinking about people's reactions to that sign. he was so happy to see me when i found him, he looked so traumatized, lol.

i really hope there are no bees at this coachella. i would die.

quite literaly.

I saw some pretty wild shit during NIN in '05. Because it was NIN, there were obviously going to be people moshing, but most of the crowd was having none of it and getting the hell away from the moshers. So this large group of us had moved away from the mosh pit, hoping to enjoy NIN without getting hit, and suddenly this HUGE guy (he's seriously like 6'5" 275 pounds and could've easily been a college football player, not just fat, but strong too) tries to start his own mosh pit. No one is having any of it, but he's not getting the hint and just keeps pushing girls over and elbowing everyone in sight. At this point, people are getting pissed, but because this guy is so big and scary, no one is doing anything about it and just trying to get as far away from him as possible. Finally, things are coming to a boiling point, and this little guy (probably 5'8", 140 pounds) is clearly angry and wants to do something. So the next time a mosh pit starts up, he runs up and just tackles the guy, very impressive given the size difference. Still, the guy won't back off, so the little guy runs and tackles him again, and this time goes nuts. He probably hit the big dude in the face like 15-20 times, and finally we think it's over. But no! After being down for a minute or so, the big dude gets back up, face covered in blood, and screams and starts spitting blood all over the place, and tries to start another mosh pit. I think the adrenaline then started to wear off though, cause he fell back down after about a minute and then got up and slinked off out of the crowd. That shit was scary, I think he was on some fucking PCP or meth or something wild.

whats up with the doses situation there? would i be able to get some mushrooms or tabs easily? its my 1st time comin im so amped about RAGE!!!

get your drugs before you get in, theres nothing that would hurt more than getting busted by some pig mid-deal and then you wont be able to come back to see rage. i got lucky last year but if you must, go to the sahara tent and look for the most sweaty,dreadlocked,patchouli ridden asshole you can find

if you must, go to the sahara tent and look for the most sweaty,dreadlocked,patchouli ridden asshole you can find
    hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by starrdogg View Post
    I saw some pretty wild shit during NIN in '05. Because it was NIN, there were obviously going to be people moshing, but most of the crowd was having none of it and getting the hell away from the moshers. So this large group of us had moved away from the mosh pit, hoping to enjoy NIN without getting hit, and suddenly this HUGE guy (he's seriously like 6'5" 275 pounds and could've easily been a college football player, not just fat, but strong too) tries to start his own mosh pit. No one is having any of it, but he's not getting the hint and just keeps pushing girls over and elbowing everyone in sight. At this point, people are getting pissed, but because this guy is so big and scary, no one is doing anything about it and just trying to get as far away from him as possible. Finally, things are coming to a boiling point, and this little guy (probably 5'8", 140 pounds) is clearly angry and wants to do something. So the next time a mosh pit starts up, he runs up and just tackles the guy, very impressive given the size difference. Still, the guy won't back off, so the little guy runs and tackles him again, and this time goes nuts. He probably hit the big dude in the face like 15-20 times, and finally we think it's over. But no! After being down for a minute or so, the big dude gets back up, face covered in blood, and screams and starts spitting blood all over the place, and tries to start another mosh pit. I think the adrenaline then started to wear off though, cause he fell back down after about a minute and then got up and slinked off out of the crowd. That shit was scary, I think he was on some fucking PCP or meth or something wild.
    Meth is a hell of a drug.

Not crazy but kinda gross 'n sad was seeing a bunch of tweeked off kidz doing key bumps of crystal in the sahara tent!!!

I did see the guy who got dumped i the porto...poor guy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    get your drugs before you get in, theres nothing that would hurt more than getting busted by some pig mid-deal and then you wont be able to come back to see rage. i got lucky last year but if you must, go to the sahara tent and look for the most sweaty,dreadlocked,patchouli ridden asshole you can find
    Yeah...saw some dudes getting arrested for selling e a couple years ago...

but you can also spot out the guy whos eyeballs are popping out of his head in the sahara tent too...

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    In 2005 at camp there was this crazy guy making the rounds. Not only did he bring his mother with him, but he also said crazy shit. Maybe I'm just too shy, but I can't imagine walking up to a stranger and telling them about how my brain was fried from too much acid as a kid, my father killed himself, and I just broke my finger for punching a dumpster. And when he and his mom left us, we heard him say "maybe I'll just get lucky with you." Zoinks.
    that totally sounds like people staying 2 tents away from me. the kid, his mother and sister all went, and then the mom kept coming and talking to me and these english guys all night for no reason, she was totally high... and then the monday morning we saw her aimlessly wandering around asking for a ride into town, aparently she lost both of her kids that weekend? they were like 18ish or so, and she was a scabby crackwhore.

alllllllso, i was an oddity at coachella 2005, i had broken my leg and arm and was in 2 casts and on crutches the whole weekend... the nurse who put on my casts decided to give me orange and purple striped casts, just in case i didn't stand out enough as it was.... i talked with one guy who, when he found out i am canadian, asked me if mark messier bodychecked me. zing!

that same year i was in the sahara tent for chem bros and this guy beside me kept telling me how high on lsd he was and how it was the most amazing experience of my life, and then as soon as they were finished he turned around to 2 girls behind us, and says "i'm not high or anything right now, but... i totally love you guys." and then attempted to pick i think both of them, up. unsuccessfully.

oh and during nine inch nails i was right up front center, 1 row back from the fence, and it was getting so rowdy in there i threw up crutches over the fence and then got them after the show.
    Last edited by nmaff; 02-01-2007 at 02:02 PM. Reason: didnt drone on enough.

In 2005 at camp there was this crazy guy making the rounds. Not only did he bring his mother with him, but he also said crazy shit. Maybe I'm just too shy, but I can't imagine walking up to a stranger and telling them about how my brain was fried from too much acid as a kid, my father killed himself, and I just broke my finger for punching a dumpster. And when he and his mom left us, we heard him say "maybe I'll just get lucky with you." Zoinks.
    Him?
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

holy shit.. i've never been to coachella, but this shit made me laugh so hard, i seriously can't wait to go this year.

Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    Him?

hahahhahh fucking YES thats him, i'm almost 100% positive
    hahahahaha
    RAD