Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1334

Thread: crazy things you've seen at coachella

Default Re: crazy things you've seen at coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Paul McCartney + Day in the Life:

While on a head of 2cb with 4 others in the same realm; as the Presets ended and we failed to enjoy the miami vice session from Crystal Method, we walked towards main stage, and the NOISE crescendo from that song was making everyone who wasn't into the set run for cover holding their ears. Not just my friends either, but a lot of random people wandering in confusion with a "what the fuck is this overbearing loud noise" look on their face.

As we passed the bamboo structure, we get were slowly getting sucked in like flies to zap trap. It was was one of the craziest drugged out feelings in my life where my mind said, "Don't go! It's out of tune and destroying your love of the Beatles" but my body was literally being pulled by a magnet of energy inviting me to sit down and hippie out. We pulled away thankfully.

All I gotta say is 2CB. Whoa.
    Hopefully you got out of there before he transitioned into "Give Peace a Chance." DITL sounded fine to me, and I remember thinking thank God he's finally playing some decent songs. Then he drops that cover of the worst song John Lennon ever wrote in his life and my heart sunk. McCartney still stands as the most disappointing thing I've ever witnessed at Coachella. That set wasn't fit for a cruise ship.

OMG I wish I could get ahold of some bee's. I haven't seen some bee's since 09.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

The craziest thing that I ever saw at Coachella wasn't so much of what I saw but who saw me. Back in 2002 my friends and I where waiting for the Pharcyde to play. So to kill time we started a bowl and were passing it. The bowl was passed to me; I hit it and not two seconds after it was snatched right out of my hands. I turn to see who did it and low in behold it was a fucking COP! I felt my heart drop to my stomach. I thought to myself " OH CRAP, THIS IS IT!!!". I was shitting bricks, not only did I get busted but unbeknownst to the cop I not only had the weed we where smoking, but pot brownies, shrooms, X, and coke! Oh God, my life flashed before my eyes.
    The Cop then demands that I follow him. So I did what any young self respecting person would do. I FUCKING RAN!!!! The cop gave a good chase all while I was duckung and weaving through the crowed. I was determined to lose the guy. I finally made my way out of the Mojave tent and out into the open with the cop right on my tail and I high tailed it and mindfully lost myself and the cop in the mass of people and hid behind a Slushed lemonade stand. The girl working was confused and I told her what happened and ended up with a free Slushy.
    About an hour later my friends found me (of course because I had ALL the drugs) and for the rest of the day I was getting high fives from random people who witnessed my great escape. Moral of the story... Never volunteer to be the drug mule ever!
    '01 '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13...

Quote Originally Posted by MantisMel View Post
    The craziest thing that I ever saw at Coachella wasn't so much of what I saw but who saw me. Back in 2002 my friends and I where waiting for the Pharcyde to play. So to kill time we started a bowl and were passing it. The bowl was passed to me; I hit it and not two seconds after it was snatched right out of my hands. I turn to see who did it and low in behold it was a fucking COP! I felt my heart drop to my stomach. I thought to myself " OH CRAP, THIS IS IT!!!". I was shitting bricks, not only did I get busted but unbeknownst to the cop I not only had the weed we where smoking, but pot brownies, shrooms, X, and coke! Oh God, my life flashed before my eyes.
    The Cop then demands that I follow him. So I did what any young self respecting person would do. I FUCKING RAN!!!! The cop gave a good chase all while I was duckung and weaving through the crowed. I was determined to lose the guy. I finally made my way out of the Mojave tent and out into the open with the cop right on my tail and I high tailed it and mindfully lost myself and the cop in the mass of people and hid behind a Slushed lemonade stand. The girl working was confused and I told her what happened and ended up with a free Slushy.
    About an hour later my friends found me (of course because I had ALL the drugs) and for the rest of the day I was getting high fives from random people who witnessed my great escape. Moral of the story... Never volunteer to be the drug mule ever!
    You should post that in the "Cops at Coachella" Thread. Could use a few success stories over there.

Wow that's an amazing story! Glad you didn't get caught. You'd have been in jail for a long time and your record would be b-a-d.

Yea don't be the drug mule....you can always offer a free slice of pizza or a beer to some other...let them deal with the issues.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

I would have ran to the honey buckets.
    I really doubt a cop would go door to door in order to find you.

The Slushy stand was pretty rad tho. It was really nice of her to hook up a fugitive. The cop wasn't about to give chase across the Field for somebody who thought was "just smoking pot". But needless to say running was the best decision I've ever made. Safety in numbers and that was totally true in that case.

^ Redemption story - usually the cops win, dem bastardz!

The Slushy stand was pretty rad tho. It was really nice of her to hook up a fugitive. The cop wasn't about to give chase across the Field for somebody who thought was "just smoking pot". But needless to say running was the best decision I've ever made. Safety in numbers and that was totally true in that case.
    So for the rest of the day were you paranoid about that cop seeing you walking around? I think I would have been.
    If we're lucky something will happen. Some adversity will happen and something unexpected will happen and you'll get tired and you'll get hungry, you'll have trouble going to the bathroom, and you'll lose your car keys, and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now we'll say "We lived, we lived." - Wayne Coyne on Coachella

^ I have disguises ready for that reason

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

Talking Re: crazy things you've seen at coachella

Quote Originally Posted by cndexter View Post
    This is one of my favorite Coachella stories, from 2006.

My boyfriend and I were standing towards the back and watching a set (Mogwai I think) and also watching this guy infront of us who seemed really stoked on being there. He was rubbing his hands all over himself and kind of bobbing around and just generally having a good time. Then, he bands over and sticks his ass up in the air, rubbing it with his hands and screaming "Ugh, I can feel the light on my ASS!!" His friend kind of pulls him back up, and then he drops to his knees, pulls a bagge out of his pocket and raises it to the sky and yells "Shroooooooooooms!!!!!" That night probably changed that guy's life.

From that pointon I knew Caochella was going to be an impotant part of my life )
    WOW. This takes the fuckin' cake. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrisment View Post
    So for the rest of the day were you paranoid about that cop seeing you walking around? I think I would have been.
    Scared of running into one cop among 75,000 people, really? Unless baily had some outstanding feature like a pink head of hair the cop couldn't have much to say for a description, "Be on the lookout for a male, early to late twenties, white, hair, sunglasses, dressed for warm weather and also high" Very unique, BTW just a guess at baily's appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Baily
    1L☮e.

At my first Coachella, 09, my gf and i were finishing setting up our camping spot while my friend was getting ready to roll a blunt. My friend asks our neighbors if they wanted to match and smoke a blunt. The guys comely say yeah and one of the them goes into their tent. He comes back and just hands my friend a handful of weed and says hear you go. My friend replies, "This way more then enough" and tries to give some back to him. But our neighbor is already walking back to his lawn chair and says, " I know, its cool." Me and my friend just look at each other with the biggest smiles. Later we would see that they snuck in two huge ziplock bags of weed. It turns out they were from Mendocino, so go figure. More then once we saw them hassle people that would try to slang weed at so-cal price, it was pretty funny. The rest of the weekend we supplied them with booze while they supplied the weed. We both ran dry by the end but they were some good times while they lasted.
    Last edited by ambient sounds; 03-30-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Naked dude getting his ass tazed in 09
    You fuck with my shit...you PAY!!! FOR MY SHIT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
    Baily
    Hi everybody ...
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Quote Originally Posted by JC2011 View Post
    While waiting outside the Sahara Tent to see Madonna, we were fucking bored.... I almost wanted to leave when all of a sudden the geeky looking guy bumps into us. He looked like Andy Dick and was standing right in front of us. All of a sudden we realize, DUDE... That's fucking Andy Dick.... My buddy kinda huddles him into our group and we all play nonchalant about who he was. He proceeds to want to sit on the ground and flirt with my friend Ollie.

Mind you we are in a crowd outside the Sahara with about 30,000 people and Andy Dick is chilling with me and my four friends. He then smokes some weed with my buddy and snorts a bunch of coke for the next 5-10 mins.

My entrepreneurial spirit peaked at that moment when I realize that I have a really nice Nikon waiting in my backpack to take pics of all of this. So I take my D50 out and try to sneak a pic of him smoking some weed with my buddy............... SNAP! Picture taken. BOOM! Andy Dick turns into a major dick and gets into my face and tries to take my camera, and then backs off for a second.... He then says, "You think that's funny? How bout I stick my dick in your mouth and take picture of it, now that would be funny... wouldn't it?" I thought I was going to make some money from that pic, until I got home and realized a head got in my way.... Below is the picture I took.... the weed just out of view.... am I prick for wanting to get that on camera?

Hater! Geez let the man enjoy Coachella! Do unto others & whatnot.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysonBandivas View Post
    I want to know more about this festival.
    Weekend One & Weekend Two ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Harrisment View Post
    At the time? Mmmm.... No. But in retrospect maybe. But I was young and spritely then. Now, I wouldn't try. Police has tazers in da futurez.

Would a cop taze a kid trying to run away if he was only caught for pot? I'm kind of harrowed because I think that question just answers itself. That'd have to be a quick draw though

I was 19 at the time so I guess you could say I was a kid but I wouldn't put it past a cop for a quick draw taze. If you can be tazed for being naked I think you have just a good of a chance for anything else.

They won't taser you if you are running away, they will only use it if you are resisting or pose a threat to them.
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

Whatever, this was 2002 so im not too worried about it.

Mel's a badass.

So is this badass going to get to see you in less than two weeks?!

Absolutely!!! We'll have to figure something out. Or see you in the Sahara tent. I have like 2 acts to see on Saturday so definitely down to hang out then!

Fuck yes!

I don't think they can arrest you for smoking weed anymore, it's the same as a traffic violation now isn't?

2010 - Do they or don't they?

ABOVE, Most comfortable men at Coachella

Not crazy, just common.