Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1334

Thread: crazy things you've seen at coachella

Default Re: crazy things you've seen at coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Smith and West View Post
    I was in a 10 way lesbian orgy backstage during Phoenix while they played Lasso... and I am a guy
    he forgot to mention he was the camera man.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Quote Originally Posted by Smith and West View Post
    I was in a 10 way lesbian orgy backstage during Phoenix while they played Lasso... and I am a guy
    pics or it didn't happen
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched moonbeams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain...

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post

I lol'd

Jupiters Ring on the Mainstage in 2012!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iammrcandyman View Post
    Why is it that I never meet people like this. Most of the people I meet are sober and boring or on 19 different substances and don't even realize they are having a conversation.

Then again i spend most of my time in the Sahara...
    yeah i hate those people who are just so fucked you can't even talk to them

Quote Originally Posted by Bomboclat View Post
    I lol'd

Jupiters Ring on the Mainstage in 2012!!!
    Bad news

Alright, first off, I want to say, AMAZING thread! Never been so entertained reading 30+ pages on a board. It took a few days to get through it, but it was well worth it.

Story #1: It was Sunday morning at about 9:00 am last year. My friends and I were up at our campsite, reminiscing about the night before and trying to piece it back together. We look over to our left towards the El Dorado 2 sign, and see this guy headed our way. Actually, more like dancing our way. It was 9:00 in the morning, and this guy was still rolling....HARD. He was wearing bright gold pants and shoes and covered in smeared paint. He comes over to us, sits down next to my friend, and the first thing he asks her is, "What's your middle name?" He then proceeds to ramble on about his night, how he and others from the campground raided the arts and crafts tent, and sprayed paint all over each other. He only interrupted his story telling to ask for drugs about once every 30 seconds. He then randomly gets up and goes to jump on a neighbor's air mattress, flinging the sleeping girls that were on it up into the air and onto the ground. He then dances off into the morning sun, never to be seen again. I wish I had a picture of the guy because the story does not do him justice. Still, based upon reading this thread, people have encountered way crazier people than him, but he was pretty entertaining for my first Coachella experience.

Story #2: Not much of a story behind this. As I was entering the Sahara to catch the last hour or so of Deadmau5, some guy went to the ground and started seizing. It was the first time I'd seen that happen to anyone in person. Unfortunately, Ive seen many more since. Im guessing its a fairly common occurrence around the Sahara though.

Story #3: The following is not crazy by any means. It was just really funny to me at the time. At the beginning of the weekend, my friends and I soon realized that it would be nearly impossible to not lose each other in the festival. We wanted to come up with some sort of signal or call to help us avoid getting separated. Somehow, in our inebriated states, this call became, "BUTT SCRATCHER!" taken from Family Guy (see video below for reference.) On Saturday night, our group planned on meeting up for Tiesto, so we could go into the crowd together. We met up at the crane, as planned. However, while walking into the crowd, a lot of us lost each other. After searching for them with no luck, I went to my trusty call, "BUTT SCRATCHER!" The guy in front of me instantly turned around and returned the call with the biggest smile on his face. However, his exuberance quickly turned to disappointment. Apparently, he thought it was one of his friends who said it. Turns out, it was his group's signal to find each other, as well. We both shared a good laugh about it. Now, whenever Im at any festival/massive/sporting event, I always yell "BUTT SCRATCHER!" in hopes that somebody will return the call.

Im hoping to come back with even better stories after this year, especially, after reading this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Oh no, that's absolutely devastating!

While waiting outside the Sahara Tent to see Madonna, we were fucking bored.... I almost wanted to leave when all of a sudden the geeky looking guy bumps into us. He looked like Andy Dick and was standing right in front of us. All of a sudden we realize, DUDE... That's fucking Andy Dick.... My buddy kinda huddles him into our group and we all play nonchalant about who he was. He proceeds to want to sit on the ground and flirt with my friend Ollie.

Mind you we are in a crowd outside the Sahara with about 30,000 people and Andy Dick is chilling with me and my four friends. He then smokes some weed with my buddy and snorts a bunch of coke for the next 5-10 mins.

My entrepreneurial spirit peaked at that moment when I realize that I have a really nice Nikon waiting in my backpack to take pics of all of this. So I take my D50 out and try to sneak a pic of him smoking some weed with my buddy............... SNAP! Picture taken. BOOM! Andy Dick turns into a major dick and gets into my face and tries to take my camera, and then backs off for a second.... He then says, "You think that's funny? How bout I stick my dick in your mouth and take picture of it, now that would be funny... wouldn't it?" I thought I was going to make some money from that pic, until I got home and realized a head got in my way.... Below is the picture I took.... the weed just out of view.... am I prick for wanting to get that on camera?

I've seen homeboy Shifty walking through the crowd and I talked to him for a little while. This was right after his band crazy town had that big hit, whatever that was...

Remember that MTV VJ Jesse? Yea like in 2002 we talked with him and he was totally legit and in character. The dude was way chill.
    Last edited by JC2011; 02-13-2011 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JC2011 View Post
    am I prick for wanting to get that on camera?
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine3323 View Post
    my friends and I soon realized that it would be nearly impossible to not lose each other in the festival. We wanted to come up with some sort of signal or call to help us avoid getting separated. Somehow, in our inebriated states, this call became, "BUTT SCRATCHER!" taken from Family Guy.
    I chuckled, my girl and I had the same idea but we chose "FRESH POTS" from this amazing video refer to youtube and fresh pots I'm too lazy to embed right now. It was a tad more effective, tell you the truth I would have just yelled butt scratcher out of sheer joy. I can't really remember too much crazy shit from last year, I do remember this crazy awesome guy who helped me out with lugging a heavy crate full of my camping stove and other stuff. He lent me his skateboard so I can push it to my campsite, I told him it was a ways and that it would take me awhile to get back to him, he was fine with it, guy just trusted me, came back eventually and he just said no problem. I could've just not returned his board out of laziness and never have to worry about running into him in those hoards. Can't wait to be surrounded by people like this again.
    WAIT
    Dumbest thing last year, so fucked up on Friday, I mean done for, I walked into Fever Ray's set looking for Deadmau5, got lost up in there, than left after they stopped playing completely forgetting that the Sahara tent was still booming as I left. Didn't realize I completely missed him until the next day when my entire campsite was raving about his ridiculous set.
    Last edited by frizzlefry; 02-14-2011 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iammrcandyman View Post
    yep
    Yea I thought so...

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

jc2011, i've seen that pic before, do i know you? arizona?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Chairmen gets around!

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    jc2011, i've seen that pic before, do i know you? arizona?
    Of course Ivy... Josh Camplin... From t-town. I've read these boards forever, but I finally signed up recently.

^ I read that story and was like hey... this totally sounds familiar.

BTW, this is Amy, also know you from the rave boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    It is Joycian (if James Joyce were a Super Bitch).

Quote Originally Posted by I.F.A. View Post
    ^ I read that story and was like hey... this totally sounds familiar.

BTW, this is Amy, also know you from the rave boards.
    Hey Amy, it's been awhile, that's for sure. Do you guys still attend Coachella each year? Do guys camp or do the hotel thing? I've never camped but think it would be a lot of fun depending on who you're with. On the other hand I've always liked taking a hot shower after a 12 hour shift of partying. However, I've been in Cali for over three years now and have never made it back... I'm lame.
    Last edited by JC2011; 02-14-2011 at 10:49 AM.

It has indeed.

I've only been to 06 and 08 (and I'll be going this year). Ivy goes pretty much every year.

our "call" was to put our hands in the air and do the "W," which grew out of us seeing some people do the finger through the hole thing.

of course i suggested the shocker, but that didn't take.
    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

I chuckled, my girl and I had the same idea but we chose "FRESH POTS" from this amazing video refer to youtube and fresh pots I'm too lazy to embed right now. It was a tad more effective, tell you the truth I would have just yelled butt scratcher out of sheer joy.
    Yea, Im familiar with "fresh pots." Tons of people had signs and were yelling that during Them Crooked Vultures set. They put on a hell of a show. I cant believe there werent more people there to see them.

I cant believe there werent more people there to see them.
    Clusterfuckchella

Yea, Im familiar with "fresh pots." Tons of people had signs and were yelling that during Them Crooked Vultures set. They put on a hell of a show. I cant believe there werent more people there to see them.
    I couldn't tell how many people were there, I started camping for TCV at the end of Street Sweeper Social Club which was eh, but the Specials were tight, I never tried looking behind me, I just figured I wouldn't see an end to people

hi josh! i almost posted your name, but didn't know if you'd appreciate that or not. hilarious. i always hotel. fuck waking up in the baking sun, fuck other people making noises, and fuck not having privacy to fuck

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    hi josh! i almost posted your name, but didn't know if you'd appreciate that or not. hilarious. i always hotel. fuck waking up in the baking sun, fuck other people making noises, and fuck not having privacy to fuck
    Agreed. So I take it you don't cram a bunch of peeps in your room to save money?

Daaayum, I am really jonesin to get back one these years and this year I failed to get tickets. Last year, it was because I was buying a house, this year it's cause I have to pay for a wedding, and next year it will probably be because she's having a baby....

Quote Originally Posted by JC2011 View Post
    I have to pay for a wedding.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by I.F.A. View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    Thank you. I met a cute boston girl here in San Diego... She wants to get to Coachella too, but is not nearly as motivated because she has absolutely no clue what the Coachella experience is like. Damn Priorities.

congrats indeed. i get cheap motel 6's. no need to cram. i have crammed with others in condos, i just don't like paying the deposits so far in advance cause i never know who i'm going to go with.

Quote Originally Posted by thepoetblue View Post
    I had an experience where certain chemicals in my nervous system went haywire for reasons still unclear to me and every person in Coachella became my friend Chris for about 45 minutes. There were 35,000 copies of Chris walking around.

Surreal.
    i lol'd.

Did anyone see the guy who couldn't get his shoe on? I think it is on youtube still. There was a guy sitting on the grass, and was clearly messed up on something (maybe just drunk). After sitting there for a while he finally decided to get up and walk away. I guess it was harder than he thought. He tired to stand up about 3 times... Once he got up his shoe fell off. So he spent about 5 minutes trying to get it back on, falling every direction possible. He was having the hardest time getting his shoe back! Once he finally got up with both shoes on there was a group of people watching... Everyone started clapping. At one point someone even picked up his shoe and set it down next to him so he could get it on easier, and he still couldn't figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    Did anyone see the guy who couldn't get his shoe on? I think it is on youtube still. There was a guy sitting on the grass, and was clearly messed up on something (maybe just drunk). After sitting there for a while he finally decided to get up and walk away. I guess it was harder than he thought. He tired to stand up about 3 times... Once he got up his shoe fell off. So he spent about 5 minutes trying to get it back on, falling every direction possible. He was having the hardest time getting his shoe back! Once he finally got up with both shoes on there was a group of people watching... Everyone started clapping. At one point someone even picked up his shoe and set it down next to him so he could get it on easier, and he still couldn't figure it out.
    YOU DONT SAY