Thread: Another set time change: Cafe Tacvba switches time slot with Violent Femmes

Default Another set time change: Cafe Tacvba switches time slot with Violent Femmes

From the Lineup page:

Cafe Tacvba plays 6:10 pm to 7:00 pm

Violent Femmes will play from 4:50 - 5:45 pm

I really enjoyed both sets back to back, was all the way upfront for both. But I can see in that case how that would create new conflicts and make a total different Coachella from W1. For one, I would have seen Grinderman over The Stone Roses then Blur which kind of sucks.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Default Re: Another set time change: Cafe Tacvba switches time slot with Violent Femmes

Fucking shit. This means I'll have to miss the Selecter now and I was really looking forward to their set.

Default Re: Another set time change: Cafe Tacvba switches time slot with Violent Femmes

Fuck.

Maybe they have to catch a plane.

Almost sunset fuck yeah!

Shit shit shit. Violent Femmes and The Selecter are two of my most anticipated sets. So pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGatorade View Post
    Fucking shit. This means I'll have to miss the Selecter now and I was really looking forward to their set.
    Like the weekend wasn't full of enough conflicts already.

This is awesome, now Violent Femmes wont conflict with Portugal. The Man.

I also noticed that Dillon Francis is now 3:40-4:40 and Thomas Gold is 2:30-3:20 meaning they were switched. Are there any other changes?

Lurker

Where are you guys seeing all these changes? Whenever I go to the lineup page and check out the set times, it only shows me the posters for Weekend 1 even though the Weekend 2 tab is selected at the top.

Viva Mexico Cabrones..

Cant wait for Cafe Tacvba

Quote Originally Posted by jswift View Post
    Where are you guys seeing all these changes? Whenever I go to the lineup page and check out the set times, it only shows me the posters for Weekend 1 even though the Weekend 2 tab is selected at the top.
    from the coachella app, i believe. pretty sure the website set times for weekend 2 will be posted with the changes soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pee Wee Herman's Hermits View Post
    Melted my face off at Skrillex

Cafe Tacvba was awesome, as usual. Nice of them to get a later slot. Violent Femmes were fun too, for what it's worth. Loved seeing both.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    From the Lineup page:

Cafe Tacvba plays 6:10 pm to 7:00 pm

Violent Femmes will play from 4:50 - 5:45 pm

I really enjoyed both sets back to back, was all the way upfront for both. But I can see in that case how that would create new conflicts and make a total different Coachella from W1. For one, I would have seen Grinderman over The Stone Roses then Blur which kind of sucks.
    Oh boy....any other set time change that I should know about?

8/25 Sleep @ Stage 48
    8/30 Heavy Blanket @ Union Pool
    8/30 Black Pus @ BNB
    8/30 Hernan Cattaneo b2b Guy J @ Verboten
    8/31 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Paper Box

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

I love this set change. Now I don't have to choose between Violent Femmes and Major Lazer. Thanks Goldenvoice!

I did not see Cafe Tacvba, but Violent Femmes during the sunset was AMAZING. Weekend 2ers are going to miss out on that.