Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Violent Femmes Were One Of The Tightest Bands I Have Ever Seen At Coachella

Default Re: The Violent Femmes Were One Of The Tightest Bands I Have Ever Seen At Coachella

JOHN ZORN!!! I would so see violent femmes with him in it.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Default Re: The Violent Femmes Were One Of The Tightest Bands I Have Ever Seen At Coachella

Agreed on all counts. One of the best sets of the weekend.
    8/21 - The Zombies - Santa Monica Pier
    8/22 - Slint - El Rey (?)
    8/23-24 - FYF Fest - Exposition Park
    8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo
    8/31 - Sleep - Troubadour (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

If Coachella ever booked John Zorn, I would know that Paul Tollett had access to my innermost thoughts and desires.

He doesn't?

I now realize I am in the minority, but the femmes established themselves by being LOOSE. This set in my opinion was a major letdown and Waaaaay too safe. If you all judge them based on this set, then you don't know this band.

WHERE WERE THE JAMS!!!????
    Last edited by shmooo; 04-18-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shmooo View Post
    THANK YOU!!! I now realize I am in the minority, but the femmes established themselves by being LOOSE. This set in my opinion was a major letdown and Waaaaay too safe. If you all judge them based on this set, then you don't know this band.
    Be that as it may, the set was still fucking cool as hell; nice time slot, appreciative crowd, and all that. One of my favorite sets from Saturday
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

I now realize I am in the minority, but the femmes established themselves by being LOOSE. This set in my opinion was a major letdown and Waaaaay too safe. If you all judge them based on this set, then you don't know this band.

left behind with their 55min set time and had to play the entire debut album etc...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

when I say dance, you best dance, motherf*cker......

If you haven't heard songs like Dance, Black Girls, and Country Death Song you don't know the violent femmes.

Absolutely my favorite outdoor stage set of the weekend. Top 5 overall without a doubt. Loved them playing the album, I found myself singing along to songs I didn't even remember. Almost made that Columbia House Cassette Club membership worth the cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This is why you're a semi-employed cheetoh-munching fucktard.

"They didn't play obscure songs at a festival. Therefore your opinion about the set being enjoyable is wrong,"
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Are you serious? LOOSE? That's because they were playing punk while wasted. Although I do agree that the JAMS were missed probably because of a short set time, I would never describe them as a LOOSE band.

I brought it to the end of the song
    And we didn't get a chance to jam
    Oh no
    Last edited by algunz; 04-20-2013 at 08:23 AM.

Playing an album in its entirely is a huge gimmick and unorginal now days yet at the same time was really surprising for a Coachella day time aet.
    it's as if words have no meaning

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Playing an album in its entirely is a huge gimmick and unorginal now days yet at the same time was really surprising for a Coachella day time aet.
    Yowza
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

I absolutely loved this set. Their debut album is so perfectly constructed, and they gave it such incredible energy. The music, the lyrics, the tone, the tempo changes. Everything was perfect.

They have converted me from a passive fan, to a rabid fan.

Five stars

(guy who is whining: I hope to see one of their "jammy" sets one day, but their set was absolutely perfect)
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Loved this set

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

They were terrific both weekends, and I am a very casual fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I missed them because we got stuck in security. So pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    They were terrific both weekends, and I am a very casual fan.
    What are you wearing?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Did they play the debut album, same setlist Weekend 2?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

I don't remember them being such great musicians for some reason. I always considered them as a more light hearted joke type band all these years. This show completely changed my opinion about them. By far one of my favorite sets from the weekend (2). I want to see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    Did they play the debut album, same setlist Weekend 2?
    Yes, same set I do believe. Debit album in full + Gimme The Car & American Music.

Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    Yes, same set I do believe. Debit album in full + Gimme The Car & American Music.
    We also got "I Held Her In My Arms" wk1.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

What are you wearing?
    I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt. Super cazh.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

We also got "I Held Her In My Arms" wk1.
    That made me so happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Weekend One panorama

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

That picture is meaningless.

heard their famous song (daddy's gone, love is gone) briefly from the beer place next to the main stage and that was plenty enough for me
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    heard their famous song (daddy's gone, love is gone) briefly from the beer place next to the main stage and that was plenty enough for me
    I do not respect you very much, although I do this with other bands.
    DRUGS ON KIDS

yeah? well I just farted and waved it at your avatar
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Any band that has the snail show up front row and stay there the whole set is awesome, but the fact that it was the violent femmes just made it so much better