Thread: LA.COM: WANTED Stories about YOU, about your favorite bands performing at Coachella !

Default LA.COM: WANTED Stories about YOU, about your favorite bands performing at Coachella !

Canceled.
    Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by patye; 04-17-2013 at 04:58 PM.

Default Re: LA.COM: WANTED Stories about YOU, about your favorite bands at Coachella~

canceled.
    thank you.
    Last edited by patye; 04-17-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Default Re: LA.COM: WANTED Stories about YOU, about your favorite bands performing at Coachel

"Give us.."
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Default Re: LA.COM: WANTED Stories about YOU, about your favorite bands performing at Coachel

Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by patye View Post
    Give us your sand, your dust, your miles traveled, new friends you made and more!

Tell us your tales of your favorite band that you stalked and maybe even met!
    It's all right here on the message board, you lazy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

We can't just take -it would need to be submitted.
    Last edited by patye; 04-16-2013 at 07:26 PM.

How much do you pay?
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

What's in it for us?
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Oh, here is a story from your website. You just want to know the bad stuff, right?

Coachella 2013: 90 arrested at three-day festival

Liset Marquez and Wes Woods II, Staff Writers

Posted: 04/15/2013 06:37:58 PM PDT

INDIO -- A total of 90 people were arrested for the three-day Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival on mostly alcohol related charges.
    There were some drug-related arrests on all three days, said Ben Guitron, PIO for Indio Police.

One of the arrests on the first day was for assault, he said.

Thirty-three concertgoers were arrested on the first day of the fest, and 27 on Saturday. But Guitron said he didn't considered those to be high figures.

Sunday's total was 30.

"Predominantly they were all alcohol related," Guitron said.

In addition, there was an issue on Friday at an entrance where "impatient concertgoers" forced their way into the festival, he said. But other than that incident, which did require police assistance, there was very little issues with traffic getting into the Empire Club Polo grounds, he said.

Last year, for the first weekend of Coachella, there was 134 arrests, Guitron said. The second weekend of Coachella had 101. Both days had arrests of an alcohol or drug nature, he added.

Guitron attributed the better numbers to concert and police officials getting the word out to concertgoers to "make good choices."

"Have a memorable experience rather than staying in the county jail," Guitron said of the message.

The three-day event, which last year was extended to two weekends, nearly doubles the amount of the city's 85,000 population, he said. In the past the festival has drawn in 90,000 people which can cause congestion in the city's streets.

Uniform officers have made some modifications to improve conditions for pedestrian traffic.

"We've been very pleased. Every year we try to do what we can to do to improve the conditions. We have a template that we go off and we make the adjustments," Guitron said.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Jim tried to show off and get all crazy on his bike in the campgrounds. He forgot he was on a beach cruiser. He ate dirt.

We post it online as an article and online readers can read it. Like the stories about Woodstock, history in the making.

No, that's a news staff article. We are asking for submissions from festival goers.

so in other words, it helps your corporate website by creating content and we get nothing in return other than "i wrote that"? the internet wasn't around when woodstock happened. to compare writing about coachella to writing about woodstock is pretty naive.

this reminds me of the news channels that do that ireport garbage, where ignorant people send in videos and pics they shoot for typically nothing in return other than credit, when in some situations they could sell said pics/video for some pretty big coin depending on what is it and if they were the only one who shot it.

you'll likely find your fish, you're just looking in the wrong pond.
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

This was intended to be a collection of interesting stories about Coachella, from a festival goers perspective.

Contributed and written by festival goers.

To be read by people who went, people that could not make it but wanted to attend; Or people who wish they could have just been there.

Woodstock is still being written about,the last book was written 4 years ago. And it can be found anywhere,its online,kindles,books,and film.

Though there was no intention of selling or printing these stories.
    I understand and respectfully will cancel this project.