Thread: Security due to Boston.

Default Security due to Boston.

Because of what happened yesterday at the Boston Marathon, security is being upped at concerts, games etc. all over the country; do you guys think that coachella will have way more security this weekend? as in, will it take longer to get through secuirty to get into the festival?

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Default Re: Security due to Boston.

All logic points to yes.

December 31 - Matthew Dear/The Sword/Pallbearer
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep
    February 28 - A Place To Bury Strangers
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    April 17 - Clark/Nosaj Thing
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Well, the bombers/planners could of just as easily chosen Weekend 1 rather than the Boston Marathon. But yeah, dont bring any shady looking electronics with you.

drug sniffing dog, black lights, strip/cavity searches, the whole wazoo, bring some lube.

haha, yeah. The main question is if I should arrive earlier because of delayed entry.

Also i wouldn't be surprised if the goverment uses boston as some kinda war/rights repeal pretense.

the entry is already delayed

Where does it say entry is delayed? and by how long?

He means that the lines were already slow as shit weekend 1. Thank God I'm not going this week, I predict a miserable security experience for all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    He means that the lines were already slow as shit weekend 1.
    Entry was never slow for me weekend 1, and I went in and out several times each day.
    Last edited by amyzzz; 04-16-2013 at 03:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

He means that the lines were already slow as shit weekend 1. Thank God I'm not going this week, I predict a miserable security experience for all involved.
    oh gotcha. thanks.

If you can get a pressure cooker in then you have some mad skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Entry was never slow for me weekend 1, and I went in and out several times each day.
    It got better as the weekend went on, but the first day was ridiculous. I stood in the same place for a half an hour and didn't move. People started chanting to let us in and security finally realized the futility of their jobs and started waving people through. You really think they're gonna be able to do that now?

i was hoping for a much smoother transaction with coachella security we2. hope it doesnt affect it too much. its not like they are homeland security or anything.

I can see it now.

"do the harlem shake, KABOOOM!!!!!!"

Not funny.

what kind of lube is best

Hopefully they will NOT ALLOW long poles and sticks, and huge-ass backpacks. They should also BAN anything that can be filled up with air, like alligators, robots, nasty naked dolls, etc. I wouldn't mind extra security who is trained and helpful - since it was so totally crappy Weekend 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

My little melodica was jacked from the campground entry. Can someone point to where musical instruments are not allowed on the campgrounds?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

isn't it like the very first thing on the NO list?

old school

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Hopefully they will NOT ALLOW long poles and sticks, and huge-ass backpacks. They should also BAN anything that can be filled up with air, like alligators, robots, nasty naked dolls, etc. I wouldn't mind extra security who is trained and helpful - since it was so totally crappy Weekend 1.
    Not even biker stud or Jeff Gordon inflatables?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    holy shit dude
    ^I earned this.^

"Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Getting into the festival on the ave 52 side was much smoother than getting in from the ave 50 side, for what it's worth.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

It's gonna be tight. Weekend 1 was long...weekend 2 longer? Seems probable.
    Coachella 99' 01',02',03',04',05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13 ' and counting!!!

SPX clothing
    "We ride skis."

www.skipunx.com
    www.facebook.com/SPX.clothing
    www.myspace.com/spxclothing

Thanks! what time did you arrive on the first day?

Thought of you last weekend when I saw all those gopro cameras on poles last weekend GPS

It got better as the weekend went on, but the first day was ridiculous. I stood in the same place for a half an hour and didn't move. People started chanting to let us in and security finally realized the futility of their jobs and started waving people through. You really think they're gonna be able to do that now?
    I experienced this moment as well...and ya, no way they are pulling that shit for Weekend 2.

isn't it like the very first thing on the NO list?
    It's the very first thing on the Venue Do's and Dont's, which I understand to be separate from camping. (i.e. "No Tents") Under the camping FAQ there's no mention of instruments. See for yourself and please correct me if I'm missing something. The security supervisor pulled out a list that said "No Instruments/Noisemakers (Guitars OK)", or something to that affect. Very inconsistent.
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Also they should really stop letting people have fun! Those assholes. It's not like it's a fucking summer music festival.

/sarcasm.

You kidding man? Beach balls going through the crowd and random dudes / girls riding around on inflatable sharks is awesome. How does this bother you?
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

They did add an additional bag check stop when you walked in from day parking (aka purple path), as well as the normal bag check before the wristband scanners. Day 1 w2 they seemed a little bit more careful in bag searches and the lines seemed a bit longer, but manageable. But it seemed to loosen up again by saturday w2. It was a pain having to dig through/re-arrange my bag for them twice, but better safe than sorry.

Also, whether due to more searches or just less people inclinded to bring them, there were FAR less "totem poles", "fat heads", "inflatable unicorns on sticks" and flags weekend 2. Which was awesome!
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!