Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: List your compliments and grievances here for them to fix (or not) for next year.

Default Re: List your compliments and grievances here for them to fix (or not) for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I saw some VIP assholes come out from the photopit area with a two year old in the Sahara and stand in there right by the speakers for a good 10 minutes. No earplugs.
    We're they a British couple by chance cause my wife and I caught them with their little one without plugs coming out of the Sahara....we offered them a spare that I carry for my son but they refused...

This was Friday about 1-2pm wknd 1

I'm not one to judge parenting since I'm also a newbie with my 2yr old but that crossed the line ...all other parents I saw over the weekend did right with their kids
    Papi Piratón!

Default Re: List your compliments and grievances here for them to fix (or not) for next year.

I don't know, didn't talk to them, But there was a guy and two girls, and the toddler was a girl. And it was early on Friday, so could be the same people.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    Also, what's up with the little opening in Lake Eldorado that's positioned towards Lot 8 that always had a yellow shirt peon stationed outside preventing anyone from going in or out of? It's annoying enough every night to have to walk all the way down the path to the Eldorado registration area, but to not even let people already IN the area leave through it? Completely pointless. Just block it off entirely then if no one's allowed to use it.
    This drove me CRAZY. So what happened was that somebody had stolen some things out of El Dorado the first night, so they restricted access/exit to just one entrance. Since they couldn't actually close up the fence, they had to have a guard there. In the past, El Dorado has had three entrances/exits minimum, so going down to one (in the least convenient location) was rough. Having to walk down the pink path, and then go through car camping to get to the food stands, when the past few years you had an exit right there, was annoying.

I understand it was because of security, but there has to be a better way. Felt like we lived in a gilded cage this year, although the campsite itself only continues to get better and better every year. The extra charging stations were a fantastic addition, the music during the daytime was chill and fantastic, and there were a ton of tent options in the shade this year, which was new. Huge El Dorado fan in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Litoris View Post
    Go fuck yourself
    How original of you?
    1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2013

Quote Originally Posted by arthurbang View Post
    They've never allowed food or drink. It's nothing new. 5 Hour Energy included.
    I have had no problem taking them in any year before. I mean its not really a drink and it tastes like crap. What my real complaint was that we could not even buy them in the venue, redbulls only. I know I bought one at the general store inside coachella last year, so why not this year? "Sorry no 5-hours allowed, please resort to taking drugs. Thank you"
    09,10,12w1,13w1

Quote Originally Posted by mmsk123 View Post
    When Savages came on it seemed like the entire crowd up front was waiting for 2 Chainz (I have never experienced fans that annoying for any band at Coachella). Then they sat down.. one person from the rail dead center. I started jumping and dancing a bit and they were like incredulous that I was not respecting their space sitting down. I kept doing it and they finally got the picture and stood up. That was so bizarre.

Pros
    1. They took out the shuttle death march at the end of the night thank you
    2. I really liked the art this year. I think the snail is my favorite art at Coachella ever.

Cons
    1. They took out the vegetarian place that served the tempeh burritos/salads in between the Outdoor and the Gobi this year
    2. There seemed to be alot more sound issues than ever this year. At one point the sound COMPLETELY cut out for Sigur Ros for like 20 seconds and the band didn't even know. They kept playing on stage (in-ear monitors only?)
    3. The golf cart drivers are definitely crazy. And the tricycle dudes have to go. It's not even a long walk from the shuttle to the entrance.
    This honestly was a game changer for me. I went to bed hungry Saturday night because nothing seems as satisfying as what Sweet Leaf would have offered.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    This drove me CRAZY. So what happened was that somebody had stolen some things out of El Dorado the first night, so they restricted access/exit to just one entrance..
    Oh wow, that sucks about theft. We got back to the tent on Saturday night to find one of our 4 sleeping bags missing, and they refused to give us another one because the manager wasn't there at the time or something. I fail to see why anyone would have gone into our tent and taken a sleeping bag of all things.. I know it was windy, but I find it hard to believe the wind would blow that away (and nothing else). So I'm still kind of perplexed about how it wound up missing, and slightly annoyed that they couldn't just simply accommodate us with another one.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

I saw some VIP assholes come out from the photopit area with a two year old in the Sahara and stand in there right by the speakers for a good 10 minutes. No earplugs.
    I couldn't believe how many people I saw who had kids without earplugs.

I saw one kid without earplugs who started crying during Major Lazer and the person watching them stayed on as the kid cried. Sad and pathetic.

I also saw a lady with a double stroller with infants tooling around.

I don't want to sound like a crab but these are BAD parents.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Man I LOVE the restrooms by the Outdoor Theatre. Those are fucking AWESOME and no one uses them.
    These were my favorite by far

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

I thought the shuttle was awesome! First year I tried it and I was happy!

The shuttle improves each year. This year was particularly good.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

how long is the wait on the shuttles?
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

I waited 0-10 minutes for Palm Springs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Sound mixing at the gobi weekend 1 was pretty damn bad
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

Sorry if I'm repeating everyone else. I had a pretty awesome time this year.

Just 2 beefs- the Yuma. Loved the lineup, but I should never have to wait in line at a music fest to see someone play. If I gotta stand 150 yards away from the stage, ok. But I should never have to wait in line. Just make the place an open-sided tent like the Gobi and if the crowd spills out so be it. The AC is nice, but as I said, I should never have to wait in line to see someone.

THERE CAN NEVER BE ENOUGH SHOWERS IN CAMP. MORE SHOWERS PLEASE!!!!!
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpie View Post
    Sound mixing at the gobi weekend 1 was pretty damn bad
    pretty bad is an understatement.

and the Yuma was cool, but fuck it was frustrating knowing that i had to miss Jamie xx because i didn't want to waste time standing around in a line

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Dewee420 View Post
    i think they should plant trees in the car camping area so people have shade.
    Also more day events like ballon fights and squirt gun wars its alway around 100 its miserable during the day.
    maybe a couple olympic sized pools for people to chill in or a lazy river. other good idea maybe a wave pool.. c-mon u guys make millions.
    i also think u should have portable shower hangers so people can bring there own solar portable shower like i do every year. screw .waiting 1 hr in that hot sun
    i actually took my shower in board shorts of course on main and 137.
    the only thing to hang the shower on was the street sign like last year.
    "i think they should plant trees in the car camping area so people have shade."

lmao well you are camping on a polo field tree's are kind of a big obstruction when your playing polo

"its always around 100 its miserable during the day."

lol it was more like 95 both weekends! Indio is in the desert and if you wana see hot come here in july when its 115

"maybe a couple olympic sized pools for people to chill in or a lazy river"

you got to be kidding right why would they build a olympic sized pools or a lazy river when it would only be used nine days out the year?

in conclusion if you dont like the heat, and need shade and a pool maybe you should stop being cheap and get a hotel room
    Last edited by dieesel100; 04-23-2013 at 11:45 PM.

You tell him dieesel100.

I have to add that the waffle ice cream sandwich was one of the best things I've eaten in a long time.

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

What was great:

• Parking was really easy for us this year. The walk in seemed easier too. We stayed until the end on both Friday and Saturday. On Friday, we easily walked to the car and cruised right out of the parking lot. Only sat in there for maybe 10 minutes. It was a little more taxing to get out Saturday night but it wasn't as bad as I've experienced in the past.
    • I loved the named-by-color paths that told you how to get back to wherever you came from. We were on purple and thought it was funny that the "Purple Path" sign looked like the "Purple Rain" album cover, and that the words "Purple Rain" were playing on loop along the path so people would remember where to go (although we felt bad for the security people that had to listen to that for hours on end. Hope there's no Manchurian Candidate type reaction from them the next time they hear that song on the radio.)
    • Main entrance was the easiest I've ever experienced. We probably waited in line to get in for a weekend total of five minutes.
    • Seperate bathrooms for the men and women. WIN! Cleanest bathrooms I've ever experienced at that festival.
    • Yuma tent. Loved it. To fix--expand it a bit, raise the speakers, and get rid of the couches. I loved the couches, but I suspect the line outside was because too many people were inside sitting around.
    • The Terrace: the shaded area seemed to be bigger this year. Also, it seemed cleaner than in previous years.
    • The lineup: thank you for creating one for music fans rather than one that attracts the worst kinds of crowds. The lack of horrible SHM cheesedick EDM really helped, IMO. I know there were douchebags, but I don't think it was anywhere near as bad as it's been in the last few years, and I think it's because of the lineup.

To Fix:

• Seriously, enough with the Heiny/New Castle beer options. California is practically the craft beer capital of the country. Bring in some crafts for us beer snobs.
    • A dedicated bike path/bike lot would be much appreciated and used. I'd bike in every day if I could bike in on pavement or at least solid sand rather than that thin beachy sand and not have to dodge walking pedestrians.
    • Some shade over by the Outdoor would be nice.
    • Do Lab: Either get rid of it or move it so the wub wub doesn't bleed into the Gobi. It was really bad this year. I really didn't care to hear the shit that was bleeding into the HTDA set. I think it's time to put it to bed.
    • "Here I Am" sticks: there were just too many. Security gave me shit about my contact lens rewetting drops (unopened) but they let people bring in giant sticks with Nicholas Cage heads glued onto them?
    QFT.

I think weekend two they did away with sticks as i didn't really see any which was nice, except I always like seeing the Aussie kangaroos n stuff. Having Stone Brewery or something would be amazing. The lines and traffic keep getting better every year, food trucks near the terrace on non-VIP side (can't remember if those were there last year but very nice.) Moving do-lab would be helpful. Also I really liked the art; Snail, the Projection House (the changing pool colors was fun), Neon Sharks, etc... seeing the Snail interact with the Mantis was hillarious.
    Last edited by Hawkings; 04-23-2013 at 11:26 PM.
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

I too appreciated the organization of the entrance/exit area with the colored paths and clearly labeled banners. It made it a little easier to find your way back at night.

Minor list of disapointments
    -No State Farm complimentary golf cart rides this year I liked those a lot more than the $30 bike rickshaws.
    -Yet again no water bottle unlimited refill program with the cold Arrowhead water.
    -Not enough water spraying of the dirt paths to keep the dust down
    Last edited by flowbee; 04-24-2013 at 04:04 PM.

yes, yes, yes to all the good things already mentioned

no, no, no to all the bad things already mentioned

quite possibly the easiest thing they could do to make the security lines move faster is to label which line is male and which is female. you know, instead of waiting until somebody is almost to the front to tell them they're in the wrong line. at one point i wanted to offer to go buy some construction paper, duct tape, and a couple sharpies to make the signs and hang them up. but then i figured if they couldn't come up with that simple solution themselves, fuck 'em.

that is all
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    You little cock sucker, menikmati. This is a fucking violation of compliance and you will fucking pay, you little pig.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I waited 0-10 minutes for Palm Springs.
    So . . . not less than zero? If so, that would be awesome shuttle service.

You got there before you even knew where you wanted to be.

I think they gave up on the male/female line idea from camp after the first day. I kept trying to figure out what line was for girls and it just seemed like a free for all. It didn't really matter though, no one ever actually searched me, so it could have been a man or a women waving me through, I woudln't have been offended.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Lurker

I completely agree especially with this statement
    "the lineup: thank you for creating tone for music fans rather than one that attracts the worst kinds of crowds. The lack of horrible SHM cheesedick EDM really helped, IMO. I know there were douchebags, but I don't think it was anywhere near as bad as it's been in the last few years, and I think it's because of the lineup."

this year COMPLETELY absolved coachella from all of 2012s top40s lineup shenanigans. last year was so upsetting that after 12 years of attending i decided to join the message board and bitch and bitch..

I am super grateful for the well rounded lineup. ..It definitely brought in quality over quantity when it came to the crowds at the stages, which made for a sweeter music experience.
    Edm areas were not polluted with hostile people who dont dance, who just stand and watch. thank you djs for not playing the same shitty anthems over and over again. it was nice to see the sahara tent actually getting down and dancing all weekend long.... shit, its been a while. i was happy to not see too many surprise cameo appearances from random radio pop stars especially during dj sets ...

Yuma was awesome, the added mini nightclub of deep house music was sweet and the line up was major. the Heineken rack just seems to get better every year... dj dan, doc martin dj sneak.... pretty sick for an Igloo thats shaped like a pair of tits. the rock and rap line up exceeded my expectations. by sunday i was was wishing i had tickets to weekend two. Coachella had a great mix of influential artists from the past and present on every stage, Bucket list acts for sure. thats what this show has always been about... quality lineups and rare performances packed into one amazing weekend. I have no complaints, as long as the music is up to par, in all aspects(including sound of course), everything else really doesnt matter.

What was great

• Parking was really easy for us this year. The walk in seemed easier too. We stayed until the end on both Friday and Saturday. On Friday, we easily walked to the car and cruised right out of the parking lot. Only sat in there for maybe 10 minutes. It was a little more taxing to get out Saturday night but it wasn't as bad as I've experienced in the past.
    • I loved the named-by-color paths that told you how to get back to wherever you came from. We were on purple and thought it was funny that the "Purple Path" sign looked like the "Purple Rain" album cover, and that the words "Purple Rain" were playing on loop along the path so people would remember where to go (although we felt bad for the security people that had to listen to that for hours on end. Hope there's no Manchurian Candidate type reaction from them the next time they hear that song on the radio.)
    • Main entrance was the easiest I've ever experienced. We probably waited in line to get in for a weekend total of five minutes.
    • Seperate bathrooms for the men and women. WIN! Cleanest bathrooms I've ever experienced at that festival.
    • Yuma tent. Loved it. To fix--expand it a bit, raise the speakers, and get rid of the couches. I loved the couches, but I suspect the line outside was because too many people were inside sitting around.
    • The Terrace: the shaded area seemed to be bigger this year. Also, it seemed cleaner than in previous years.
    • The lineup: thank you for creating one for music fans rather than one that attracts the worst kinds of crowds. The lack of horrible SHM cheesedick EDM really helped, IMO. I know there were douchebags, but I don't think it was anywhere near as bad as it's been in the last few years, and I think it's because of the lineup.

To Fix:

• Seriously, enough with the Heiny/New Castle beer options. California is practically the craft beer capital of the country. Bring in some crafts for us beer snobs.
    • A dedicated bike path/bike lot would be much appreciated and used. I'd bike in every day if I could bike in on pavement or at least solid sand rather than that thin beachy sand and not have to dodge walking pedestrians.
    • Do Lab: Either get rid of it or move it so the wub wub doesn't bleed into the Gobi. It was really bad this year. I really didn't care to hear the shit that was bleeding into the HTDA set. I think it's time to put it to bed.
    • "Here I Am" sticks: there were just too many. Security gave me shit about my contact lens rewetting drops (unopened) but they let people bring in giant sticks with Nicholas Cage heads glued onto them?

What was great:

To Fix:

You nailed my thoughts on this year's fest perfectly.. All in all, very minimal in improvements need to be made.

The "Here I Am" markers have been increasingly more prevelant each year. I can understand the usage of them, but some of them are annoyingly obnoxious in size. At least they should be made to be lowered after a band's first song into their set. Fucking aggravating at times.

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

One more thing I'm realizing as I'm watching the videos from this last year. That VIP pit area is way too big.

I get it; you have to give the VIP people something for the ridiculous amount of money they paid so they can feel like they're important. But it's too big.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

it's not VIP. but it is too big, agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

The guest-pass pit areas don't bother me. They aren't exactly in the most desirable locations to watch sets. They're completely offset from not just the center of the stage, but they don't really start until the side of the stage ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

The space on the left in front of the main stage? (as you are facing the stage)
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    it's not VIP. but it is too big, agreed.
    Yeah, if that was VIP, I'd actually be somewhat tempted to break down and get VIP passes next year. It just seems like it's a cheap way to have crowd control since hardly anyone is ever in those sections, except for the big names. And this year didn't even have big names.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a