Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: List your compliments and grievances here for them to fix (or not) for next year.

Default Re: List your compliments and grievances here for them to fix (or not) for next year.

Pros:

- all around, just a fantastic line up. I'll admit when it first came out i was not enthused, but after letting it settle in, wow. This was hands down my favorite Coachella line up wise.
    - i loved the new art! the snail was great. however maybe it was just me, but there were a couple things on the map i never saw, such as the butterflies and land sharks i prefer last year's flower to the praying mantis this year.
    - food! the veggie paella was the favorite thing i ate all weekend, tons of other vegetarian options as well
    - the new Sahara blew me away. i spent a lot of time in there, and always had plenty of room to move around and dance. loved it.
    - the Yuma, granted i only went in there on Friday later afternoon, but it was such a fun experience being inside of the air-conditioned "club". there were no lines and it wasn't very full at all, so apparently i got in before all the mayhem i keep reading about. i'm all for upgrades though!
    - the new purple and yellow paths to get to campsites/shuttles
    - best cell at&t cell reception i've ever had

Cons:

- Friday afternoon when we got in we were informed that they had run out of paper schedules. what the hell? i underestimated how useful those are to have with you, so that was kind of a pain.
    - third year using the shuttles, and saturday was hands down the worst experience i've had. it seemed as though they were totally unprepared for saturday's crowd, and it took 2 hours to get home. not fun at all.
    - beer gardens definitely seemed more hectic to get into
    - saturday night conflict. damn damn damn.
    - any way to dip into weekend 2's merch? sunday night i was desperately needing a sweatshirt but all they had left were those heinous blue zip code zip-ups.

the complaints do not come near overshadowing the perfect weekend (1) i had. thank you coachella, you really outdid yourself.

Default Re: List your compliments and grievances here for them to fix (or not) for next year.

Pros: Taco salad, Yuma tent, meeting Paul Tollett
    Cons: Lot 4, the Do Lab, the dick sneeze security guards not being on the same page
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

So many improvements! Great AT&T cell phone reception: immediate texting & phone calls. Zero minute drive in or out (out of Lot 15A at least.) 5 minute maximum security line at entrance. Color coded paths. Clean & no wait restrooms. Newcastle. No lines for beer.

My only con is that the vip barrier at the main stage seems to be getting farther & farther away from the stage, which leaves for a giant audience gap for most of the bands. Especially weird for a year with only 1 major act.

In regards to reception, I have verizon and texting was spotty after 6pm, with data completely nonexistent until around 2am.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Pros: Taco salad, meeting Paul Tollett
    I'll have to try the taco salad next time. I hope you were able to use your meal cards.

And how did you meet Paul?

Open more lanes Friday...wait was way too long
    $9 beer come on

Rest was good
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

The walking paths to/from the shuttles should be used for walking. I don't know how much dust I ate due to the golf carts and asshole tricycle drivers. It is also dangerous, as those guys are crazy drivers. Please, next year make a walkers path for pedestrians only.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    The walking paths to/from the shuttles should be used for walking. I don't know how much dust I ate due to the golf carts and asshole tricycle drivers. It is also dangerous, as those guys are crazy drivers. Please, next year make a walkers path for pedestrians only.
    some of the drivers on golf carts were driving way too fast on the walking paths in the campgrounds. On more than one occasion I saw people diving the wrong way to avoid them and almost get hit, was surprised at the lack of safety the drivers had. Plus it kicked up crazy amounts of dust, there is a reason you can't drive above 5 mph on the playa at burning man.

Pros-
    The lineup was amazing. I saw so many great acts in the two weekends. Possibly the deepest one ever.
    The food continues to get better every year. My faves were the lime truck, spicy pie, and the fish tacos next to the Yuma.
    The electronic lineup. I'm not talking about the cheese, but getting to see SMD, Birdy Nam Nam, C2C, Paul Kalkbrenner, Richie Hawtin, Eric Prydz, and Moby was outstanding. Especially SMD, WOW!!
    The improvements made after week one for week two. The sound was so much better week 2. So was the shuttle service, the security checks, and the do lab sound bleed wasn't as bad week 2.
    The friendliness of the staff. Lots of thank yous, welcomes, have funs etc...
    Nick "motherfucking" Cave!! He owned Coachella this year, all four sets were rediculously good. Especially Stagger Lee. Brilliant move GV.
    Having Phoenix headline against Sigur Ros. So many idiots bought the DP rumor so I was able to get up close and personal both weekends for the best act on the bill.
    Having hi def screens at every stage. You hear me outside lands!! WTF??

Cons-

The do lab. Don't need to explain that one. It needs to move.
    The bro quotient. It continues to grow. Hopefully when GV adds the fall fests they make a version of EDC that will make the bros skip our precious fest.
    Week 1 weather. Two years in a row week 1 has gotten hosed by the weather. Move all 3 fests back one week and see if that fixes it.
    Beer selection. Please add an IPA. Please!!
    Security Friday week 1.

That's about it. Great job again GV. I've been to every Coachella yet and I am consistently amazed with how they learn from their mistakes and improve every year. Great customer service.
    Last edited by crombrenner; 04-22-2013 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Spelling
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2), 14 (wk 1 & 2)

Quote Originally Posted by ActionComics View Post
    I was stuck in this mess too. My friend disappeared for a couple minutes then came back to grab my group. We walked all the way to the right and squeezed behind a fence that was blocking a path to the purple entrance. I was so stoked not to wait in that line. I would of missed beardyman for sure. I had to throw away my 5-hour too, like redbull had a lock down on all the other energy drinks. The general store inside coachella said they were not allowed to sell them.
    They've never allowed food or drink. It's nothing new. 5 Hour Energy included.

Quote Originally Posted by michaele View Post
    however maybe it was just me, but there were a couple things on the map i never saw, such as the butterflies and land sharks
    Pretty sure they were only out at night, and they were VERY small and easy to miss. Little robotic remote control vehicle things maybe 18 inches tall. I caught them between Sahara and Mojave on Saturday night.

And those fucking face sticks have GOT to go. They didn't ever obstruct my view, but it's just the principle of it. I can see it becoming a huge problem and before you know it, Coachella will start looking like fucking Glastonbury. No thank you.

I saw very few acts in the Gobi, but almost all of them were ruined by the atrocity which was the Do LaB. Purity Ring and especially Grimes in particular. So yeah, I have to echo the sentiments in this thread.

Also, what's up with the little opening in Lake Eldorado that's positioned towards Lot 8 that always had a yellow shirt peon stationed outside preventing anyone from going in or out of? It's annoying enough every night to have to walk all the way down the path to the Eldorado registration area, but to not even let people already IN the area leave through it? Completely pointless. Just block it off entirely then if no one's allowed to use it.
    Last edited by microcuts; 04-22-2013 at 09:57 PM.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I'll have to try the taco salad next time. I hope you were able to use your meal cards.

And how did you meet Paul?
    I cruised in early on friday and was checking things out with a friend by the sahara. I noticed him and asked if he was Paul Tollett and he seemed pretty stoked I recognized him. we talked for a few minutes and I told him I was off for a message board meetup. I should have asked if he wanted to get in on it. oh well. Super nice guy though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

August 23/24 - FYF Fest - Expo park
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

Pros:
    VIP entrance that was awesome. In and out quick! Minimal checks
    Yuma Tent is great!
    Watching the Sahara spaceship..
    The Pizza in the beer garden by the Sahara
    The Aussies
    No problems being where I wanted for every act I wanted to see.
    The dancing room I had for the Postal service
    Disclosure closing the Gobi
    Marriott Villas
    Falling In Love with Of Monsters And Men..Fuck that was an amazing performance, so much passion!!!
    Cafe Tacuba's crowd..WOW!!!Why the fuck can't we americans party like that crowd and take more pride in our shit?
    Cons
    The Do fucking lab is the worst shit ever that shit has gotta go! That fucking mud pit ruined so many shows with its sound bleed. Fucking disgusting.
    The location of the lockers..That shit seemed like 2 miles away from anything.
    Cost of drinks... $11 FOR A SHOT
    Etards
    People sitting down while bands play
    The Sahara Line up
    The Snail was annoying that stupid thing broke down in fron of the stage during OMAM
    The Hollywood Douche crowd in the VIP by the mainstage
    1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2013

Quote Originally Posted by crombrenner View Post
    Pros-
    The lineup was amazing. I saw so many great acts in the two weekends. Possibly the deepest one ever.
    The food continues to get better every year. My faves were the lime truck, spicy pie, and the fish tacos next to the Yuma.
    The electronic lineup. I'm not talking about the cheese, but getting to see SMD, Birdy Nam Nam, C2C, Paul Kalkbrenner, Richie Hawtin, Eric Prydz, and Moby was outstanding. Especially SMD, WOW!!
    The improvements made after week one for week two. The sound was so much better week 2. So was the shuttle service, the security checks, and the do lab sound bleed wasn't as bad week 2.
    The friendliness of the staff. Lots of thank yous, welcomes, have funs etc...
    Nick "motherfucking" Cave!! He owned Coachella this year, all four sets were rediculously good. Especially Stagger Lee. Brilliant move GV.
    Having Phoenix headline against Sigur Ros. So many idiots bought the DP rumor so I was able to get up close and personal both weekends for the best act on the bill.
    Having hi def screens at every stage. You hear me outside lands!! WTF??

Cons-

The do lab. Don't need to explain that one. It needs to move.
    The bro quotient. It continues to grow. Hopefully when GV adds the fall fests they make a version of EDC that will make the bros skip our precious fest.
    Week 1 weather. Two years in a row week 1 has gotten hosed by the weather. Move all 3 fests back one week and see if that fixes it.
    Beer selection. Please add an IPA. Please!!
    Security Friday week 1.

That's about it. Great job again GV. I've been to every Coachella yet and I am consistently amazed with how they learn from their mistakes and improve every year. Great customer service.
    Dang. You made me feel like I missed shit at weekend 2. Boo

i think they should plant trees in the car camping area so people have shade.
    Also more day events like ballon fights and squirt gun wars its alway around 100 its miserable during the day.
    maybe a couple olympic sized pools for people to chill in or a lazy river. other good idea maybe a wave pool.. c-mon u guys make millions.
    i also think u should have portable shower hangers so people can bring there own solar portable shower like i do every year. screw .waiting 1 hr in that hot sun
    i actually took my shower in board shorts of course on main and 137.
    the only thing to hang the shower on was the street sign like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland303 View Post

Cons
    Go fuck yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

i agree there should be a special path for carts and bikes people get in your way. i ride my bike from car camping area to the festival it saves so much time and my feet did not give out on me like last year. bike?cart path would be a great idea.. oh and bike racks at bathrooms front of festival and showers..pretty please

The Yuma tent and the electronic music was amazing this year. And as far as the capacity issues for Yuma, it wasn't too bad for weekend two except for Four Tet where I probably waited for 15 minutes. Which isn't too bad considering you're right by the stage when you walk in. It takes me a while to try and squeeze to get close to other artists. and they did a good job keeping the flow. Although they could use an extra attendant to make sure people don't bum rush the line at the beginning of the gate. I loved the sound in there, except they should place the speakers a little better or spread out more, and I'm worried they might sacrifice sound if they make it bigger.

Fuck the do-lab. I liked it when I was at the stage, but hated it when I was somewhere else.

Paul Kalkbrenner sounded awful in the Sahara. Which makes me worried that you can't really have anything but big hitters like hardwell, excision, nicky romero, and whoever else who plays really loud dance music. Which is too bad because I really do like the tent, and I don't really mind cheese but god damn it's bro-fucking-heaven.

fuck the do-lab

fuck the carts. make them useful on the way back and have them water the path.

Anyways, I had a fucking blast. The line-up blew my fucking mind. I couldn't believe how much amazing artists I got to see. Especially among the electronic scene. Leave the cheese at EDC and Ultra. Make Coachella something that will Rival European festivals.
    Last edited by zizek_cums; 04-22-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewee420 View Post
    i think they should plant trees in the car camping area so people have shade..
    Yeah. They should plant trees on a polo field that they don't own. Bring your own fucking shade.

Also more day events like ballon fights and squirt gun wars its alway around 100 its miserable during the day..
    You can't entertain yourself? Bring your own fucking water balloons and squirt guns.

maybe a couple olympic sized pools for people to chill in or a lazy river. other good idea maybe a wave pool.. c-mon u guys make millions..
    You're under some impression that they can build a couple of pools or a river onsite on property that they don't own? Cool your own fucking self off.

i also think u should have portable shower hangers so people can bring there own solar portable shower like i do every year.
    They need to put stakes in the ground for everyone on the off chance someone will be bringing a portable shower? Bring your own fucking shower hanger.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by Roland303 View Post
    I don't mind people sitting towards the back, but it does bother me when they are sitting right up front where there are people standing all around them. I found myself to be far too crowded a couple of times, it's hard enough to leave due to the assholes that don't want to move so you can escape, but then to trip over someone who is just sitting in the middle of a huge group of people standing is very frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

My kids tend to sit down so I tried to hang at the soundboard to avoid bothering people.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I don't mind people sitting towards the back, but it does bother me when they are sitting right up front where there are people standing all around them. I found myself to be far too crowded a couple of times, it's hard enough to leave due to the assholes that don't want to move so you can escape, but then to trip over someone who is just sitting in the middle of a huge group of people standing is very frustrating.
    When Savages came on it seemed like the entire crowd up front was waiting for 2 Chainz (I have never experienced fans that annoying for any band at Coachella). Then they sat down.. one person from the rail dead center. I started jumping and dancing a bit and they were like incredulous that I was not respecting their space sitting down. I kept doing it and they finally got the picture and stood up. That was so bizarre.

Pros
    1. They took out the shuttle death march at the end of the night thank you
    2. I really liked the art this year. I think the snail is my favorite art at Coachella ever.

Cons
    1. They took out the vegetarian place that served the tempeh burritos/salads inbetween the Outdoor and the Gobi this year
    2. There seemed to be alot more sound issues than ever this year. At one point the sound COMPLETELY cut out for Sigur Ros for like 20 seconds and the band didn't even know. They kept playing on stage (in-ear monitors only?)
    3. The golf cart drivers are definitely crazy. And the tricycle dudes have to go. It's not even a long walk from the shuttle to the entrance.
    Last edited by mmsk123; 04-23-2013 at 08:43 AM.

I didn't think the art was that great this year honestly. In fact, I may be in the minority here, but it's time for all the art to completely change. That means no more balloons, t-rex, etc. They've done it to death for 4 years running...it's time to start getting some really new unique art stuctures back (talking back in the 2005-2009 era). All the art from the last few years just all blends together and has been pretty meh.

I agree about the art, except the snail. Loved that.

Lol at the snail breaking down during OMAM. Shit was blocking my view of the stage from the beer garden.

Those mobile charging lockers or whatever were pretty unorganized. Thats one of the few times I've seen someone not accept cash as payment. Then my buddy had to bring his own iphone 5 cable cuz they didn't have one, which wasn't a big deal. But the iphone 4 charger in our locker stopped working so they switched us to a different locker, in that process they switched my buddies iphone 5 charger. Well when we went back the lock was gone and the iphone 5 charger was missing. They probably forgot to write down the locker switch and thought we were trying to use the locker for free. It wasn't really a big deal just more of an inconvenience, my buddy walked all the way back to the lockers sunday evening to charge his phone and the charger/lock were missing.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    My kids tend to sit down so I tried to hang at the soundboard to avoid bothering people.
    I'm not pointing fingers at you. But I saw some kids without earplugs very close to the stage. Parents shouldn't ruin their kids hearing

Quote Originally Posted by zizek_cums View Post
    I'm not pointing fingers at you. But I saw some kids without earplugs very close to the stage. Parents shouldn't ruin their kids hearing
    I saw some VIP assholes come out from the photopit area with a two year old in the Sahara and stand in there right by the speakers for a good 10 minutes. No earplugs.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by zizek_cums View Post
    My kids had earplugs in all weekend.

some one had their new born infant out there, kid couldnt have been more than 6months old. They had the pink head phones on it, but jesus christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms