Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: List your compliments and grievances here for them to fix (or not) for next year.

Default Re: List your compliments and grievances here for them to fix (or not) for next year.

So far the campground demographic is way better than last year . No avicci being played. Still nothing to do in the campground though. C'mon coachella do something .
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Default Re: List your compliments and grievances here for them to fix (or not) for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    So far the campground demographic is way better than last year . No avicci being played. Still nothing to do in the campground though. C'mon coachella do something .
    There was the bubble dome.

December 31 - Matthew Dear/The Sword/Pallbearer
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 10 - 1349
    February 28 - A Place To Bury Strangers
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    April 17 - Clark/Nosaj Thing
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

Yeah it's not doing anything yet. Been pretty bored since 9 am.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

The good:
    -Everything I ate was delicious and food lines were quick.
    -The wait at the water refill station never felt terribly long to me. I was happy that the water was cold too, I was expecting it to be "piss warm" as somebody on the forum had described a while ago.
    -Neither was the wait long at the porta potties, I always got in pretty quick. They were surprisingly clean too, weren't hot, and didn't smell horrible.

The bad:
    -The massive crowd at 2 Chainz. Talk about underestimating his popularity. Getting out of there early to see Cafe Tacvba was a nightmare.
    -The sound mixing during a bunch of shows. Why was the volume low on some of them too?
    -Giant inflatable toys and "I'm here" sticks. Who let those people get in with the gigantic inflatable alligator??? I saw that thing, and the giant blue guitar and alien, being tossed around at a lot of sets along with pool noodles.
    -Cell reception. I had AT & T and it said I had full bars but I couldn't actually do anything. My friend was unable to text me one photo and we tried throughout the entire day, in a ton of places, with no luck.
    -Inconsistent point checks. The people in front of us got their granola bars thrown away, but my friends and I got through with a bag of dry chili mangoes and trail mix with no problem.
    Last edited by Shoulda Named Ya Laika; 04-18-2013 at 06:42 PM.

I know this may sound lame to some, but as an "older" concert goer, a quiet or "family" camping area (not anything fancier) just for us non pot-smoking, non druggy/drinker, non partying older folk who need sleep and not dubstep playing 6 inches from our tents at 5 in the morning. It would be a welcome relief. The people on all 3 sides of us this year were noisy, high/drunk all the time and just made it uncomfortable for us the whole time. My wife even said that it would make her hesitate to ever camp with our daughter unless she was 18.

I am all for this... except the pot smoking part. I just want to smoke a bowl and get some damn sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by abbeyroad 04 View Post
    I know this may sound lame to some, but as an "older" concert goer, a quiet or "family" camping area (not anything fancier) just for us non pot-smoking, non druggy/drinker, non partying older folk who need sleep and not dubstep playing 6 inches from our tents at 5 in the morning. It would be a welcome relief. The people on all 3 sides of us this year were noisy, high/drunk all the time and just made it uncomfortable for us the whole time. My wife even said that it would make her hesitate to ever camp with our daughter unless she was 18.
    Get some earplugs. If those don't work, get a hotel room.

Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    [this was referring to the clusterf*ck getting in on Friday]

I got some pretty intense searches both Friday and Saturday, the most invasive I've experienced. One dude literally went through every pocket of my backpack three times, insistent I was sneaking in stuff, and found nothing. Our group had a ton of stuff confiscated - sealed food or water, 5 hour energies, the works. I've never experienced worse security checks than this year.

That said, this was my favorite fest experience in years at Coachella, so yay for that!
    I was stuck in this mess too. My friend disappeared for a couple minutes then came back to grab my group. We walked all the way to the right and squeezed behind a fence that was blocking a path to the purple entrance. I was so stoked not to wait in that line. I would of missed beardyman for sure. I had to throw away my 5-hour too, like redbull had a lock down on all the other energy drinks. The general store inside coachella said they were not allowed to sell them.
    09,10,12w1,13w1,14w1

Glastonbury does have a family/quiet camping area... you may be onto something here.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

I agree with abbey, there should be a lot dedicated to families and those who dont party all night. It seems like alot of people complain about sleep and noise levels on this forum. Im kind of surprised this hasn't already been implemented
    09,10,12w1,13w1,14w1

A family area would be easy to do, but the rest of you would have to show your pussy card on the way in?

I dont camp, so i wounldnt know what kind of identification is needed upon entry to the festival camp grounds. Coachella does try to pretend its family friendly though, so why not set a small area just for them.
    09,10,12w1,13w1,14w1

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    A family area would be easy to do, but would the rest of you have to show your pussy card on the way in?
    fixed* Now its a question
    09,10,12w1,13w1,14w1

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    Glastonbury does have a family/quiet camping area... you may be onto something here.
    I think a lot of Euro fests do.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by ActionComics View Post
    fixed* Now its a question
    Thank you. I always need an editor.

Pro:
    --> The bathrooms were so amazing! I can't even believe how clean they were. This really makes the camping/festival experience so much nicer!
    --> I felt like there was a lot more shade this year. Definitely a major plus.
    --> This was my fav art year so far. They did a great job with selection.
    --> I really appreciated how organized the wind warnings were. They really tried to prepare us.
    --> Loved the colored name paths. Very helpful for directing intoxicated friends.

Con:
    --> I don't know, but the crowds seem so intense to me this year (past years are 09, 11, 12). It literally took us an hour and a half to get in on Friday (I guess I was part of the clusterf*ck). It sucked so much energy out of us standing in the sun uncovered for so long. People were passing out, getting aggressive -- it definitely wasn't healthy all around. It also took us 3 hours to get into the campground on Thursday afternoon and we arrived within an hour of when we arrived for the last two years. It was just a mess getting inside (the line organization was really bad but I won't get into that). I feel like I spent so much festival time waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by iamellyn View Post

(past years are 09, 11, 12)
    Didn't go in '10
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I agree that a family area would be nice, although I doubt I will camp with my family again. The best part about camping was being right outside the festival and going in and out all the time. But everything else about camping sucked. Can they do a Lake Eldorado-type set-up for families maybe? I think the special expensive camping areas were 21+, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

MORE SHOWERS
    MORE SHOWERS
    MORE SHOWERS

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I agree that a family area would be nice, although I doubt I will camp with my family again. The best part about camping was being right outside the festival and going in and out all the time. But everything else about camping sucked. Can they do a Lake Eldorado-type set-up for families maybe? I think the special expensive camping areas were 21+, right?
    Agreed Amy....I don't know how you did camping with your family but it makes for a great story down the road

I would love family camping if possible... for now we just settle at Indian palms and have a homebase at camp
    Papi Piratón!

RHCP played Scar Tissue, Sir Psycho Sexy, They're Red Hot, and Soul to Squeeze ONLY on WEEKEND 2.

FUCK YOU PEPPERS
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Give the bicycle rickshaws their own lane. Can't tell you how many times I almost was run over by one of them.

I went both weekends and didn't particularly notice any improvements made for weekend 2, but there were definitely new problems with security. Coming in on the purple path I got searched two separate times, and on Friday, security wouldn't let anyone up to the main entrance until right before the gates opened and were redirecting everyone to the campgrounds. On Saturday, the security guard I got "checked" my wristband by tightening it when there was barely any slack in it at all. I probably should have gone to get my wristband adjusted, but I didn't want to pay $20 just because security were being dicks. Not sure how much of this was because of Boston, but it definitely left a sour taste in my mouth.

I had one who was less efficient. He actually tugged at my Heineken wristband.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I honestly have very few notes for this year, as it was one of my favorite years by a lot. But...

1. Obviously the Yuma. At night people went in to the Yuma to get cool, and at night to get warm. Also the couches made it feel like I was at some weird bottle serviced VIP club thing. I would have much preferred something like a bigger version of the Oasis Dome in 2011.

2. Do Lab Even as a huge fan of the Lab, the bleed this year really was too much. Move it somewhere. Coachella without the Do Lab wouldn't be the same, just put it somewhere else

3. This is kinda picky but I feel like the art this year was a little lackluster.

Regardless, one of the best years in my book
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Other than the snail and the Mirage at night, the art wasn't that great.

I still like the recycle dinosaur but that's because dinosaurs are awesome. FACT.

Lots of stuff I felt has already been mentioned, so I won't focus on anything but the larger things.

Pros:
    - Food - Great choices this year! I lived off of that teriyaki chicken and noodle dish between the main and outdoor stages
    - Shuttles - Again, A+. Such a huge benefit. The only thing that stinks is that we don't get rewarded with the Carpoolchella gifts. I want a shot at VIP passes for life, but I wouldn't dare drive in anymore after 2010
    - Cell phone reception
    - Art - It was stellar. Love the old favorites making a return alongside some really great new things
    - Do Lab - Just because everyone is hating on them. I still love it

Cons
    - Yuma - Biggest disappointment all weekend was almost always seeing a huge line for some of the acts I was most excited about.
    - Beer/alcohol - God I will weep tears of joy if Heiniken ever goes away.
    - Gobi - The sound was pretty shitty all weekend
    - Set times - Some nonsensical conflicts and stage/tent choices
    - The three different security check-in's. If shit didn't show up the first two times, it ain't going to shut up a third time
    Last edited by luckyface; 04-22-2013 at 08:32 PM.
    For your health

I saw the Recycle-saur MOVE weekend two! But it was anticlimactic. They could only move it up or down for it to swallow bottles. I was hoping for some giant thing like the snail moving around the fields consuming garbage. THAT would be something.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    I honestly have very few notes for this year, as it was one of my favorite years by a lot. But...

1. Obviously the Yuma. At night people went in to the Yuma to get cool, and at night to get warm. Also the couches made it feel like I was at some weird bottle serviced VIP club thing. I would have much preferred something like a bigger version of the Oasis Dome in 2011.

2. Do Lab Even as a huge fan of the Lab, the bleed this year really was too much. Move it somewhere. Coachella without the Do Lab wouldn't be the same, just put it somewhere else

3. This is kinda picky but I feel like the art this year was a little lackluster.

Regardless, one of the best years in my book
    The Oasis Dome in 07 really seems like the ideal setup to me. I don't recall the sound bleed being that bad for whatever reason (it also had mostly chill music as opposed to the crap that blasts from the Do Lab), it had air conditioning, and it was beautiful to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop