Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: List your compliments and grievances here for them to fix (or not) for next year.

Default Re: List your compliments and grievances here for them to fix (or not) for next year.

nah it was colonel mustard in the library with the candlestick.

Default Re: List your compliments and grievances here for them to fix (or not) for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Same person
    Please..... I would never suggest such ludicrous ideas
    you are soooooooo good lookin

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Volvox, you can do one of two things here.

1. Offer up a defense of your ridiculously lame suggestion, addressing all of the logistics involved to convince me and everyone else with a shred of intellect that clearing out the Yuma tent, a DJ DANCE MUSIC TENT, is an actual solution

2. Admit that you didn't think it through and that, oh yeah, now that someone pointed out all of its obvious flaws, it doesn't make any sense and have a laugh at your stupidity with us.

I guess, there's option 3 -- continue to lash out with pathetic insults that definitely don't belie your own insecurities about being a fucking moron.
    your opinion is subjective and not held by all.
    that being said, your retort was aggressive and insulting, so i can respond in whatever manner if feel necessary.
    it is well known you are an insufferable cunt that just lurks on these boards to drop bombs on folks.

as far as my idea goes.
    yes, the emptying of the floor can be handled by a simple 15-20 min break b/w acts. they do it in the sahara.
    otherwise, they need to redesign the yuma to be an open-flow venue like the rest of the stages.
    being enclosed makes it unique, yes, but it also creates a clusterfuck for folks wanting to check out one specific dj.
    this is pure speculation, but i don't think anyone would want to camp out the entire day in there.
    Last edited by VOLVOX17; 05-09-2013 at 02:31 PM. Reason: retracted for confusing a dissenter with a suckass.

Quote Originally Posted by VOLVOX17 View Post
    it is well known you are an insufferable cunt that just lurks on these boards to drop bombs on folks.
    No; for evidence please refer to (any number of my posts in any number of threads).

as far as my idea goes.
    yes, the emptying of the floor can be handled by a simple 15-20 min break b/w acts. they do it in the sahara.
    otherwise, they need to redesign the yuma to be an open-flow venue like the rest of the stages.
    being enclosed makes it unique, yes, but it also creates a clusterfuck for folks wanting to check out one specific dj.
    this is pure speculation, but i don't think anyone would want to camp out the entire day in there.
    - It's as if you never even read what the intended purpose of the Yuma tent was as described by Jason Bentley, and perhaps you've just never been to a night club.

- Plenty of people camp out in the Yuma for extended stretches through multiple DJs. Not even just drug dealers!

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

They clear the Sahara out between sets now?

EDIT* Whoops, misread.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 05-09-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    They clear the Sahara out between sets now?
    hahahaha

A moving sidewalk through the Yuma would ensure everyone gets their fair share; no more, no less.
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

Lottery system. List the 3 DJs you want to see that day and you are guaranteed 1. Non-transferable ticketed entry, ID deposit required.

Fast Pass
    Friday: Aloe Blacc, ZZ Ward, Caravan Palace, MS MR, Bastille, OutKast, Grouplove, Kate Nash, HAIM, Jagwar Ma, Tom Odell, Neko Case
    Saturday
    : Chvrches, Lorde, ,Foxygen, The Naked and Famous, Pharrell Williams, Muse, Empire of the Sun, Bombay Bicycle Club, Pet Shop Boys, Saints of Valory, Temples
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lana Del Rey, Frank Turner, John Newman, J Roddy Walston and the Business, Superchunk, STRFKR, Neutral Milk Hotel

uh oh. tag team...........
    anyways, the point was the break in the sahara, not the emptying.

this was the first year of the yuma, so speaking of 'people hanging out for multiple djs', is a product of how they structured it the first year of its existence.

i haven't read any of bentley's articles on the yuma.
    if he envisioned this type of issue and was fine with it, so be it.
    i still feel that it is poor design and needs re-thinking.
    Last edited by VOLVOX17; 05-09-2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: gribbs read wrong. ess coo.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Fast Pass
    I laughed.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I laughed.
    with a mouth full of mugwump jism.

DEEP
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

uh oh. tag team...........

i still feel that it is poor design and needs re-thinking.
    They could always take a torch to it and burn it down to the ground.

(Sorry if this was already suggested as a solution.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starraven View Post
    Can I be in a great mood because I don't have an upcoming jail date?

Get rid of the Yuma. Get rid of all Sahara artists. Go back to old Sahara tent style. Put all Yuma acts in Sahara. Pretty much solves all the problems I had this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post
    Get rid of the Yuma. Get rid of all Sahara artists. Go back to old Sahara tent style. Put all Yuma acts in Sahara. Pretty much solves all the problems I had this year.
    your problem was waiting in the sahara tent for yuma artists?

old school

Quote Originally Posted by n3glect View Post
    2) Scheduling. Conflicts happen. I've been going since 1999, and am used to it. However, this year it seemed they were intentional. In the past there at least seemed to be a diversity of styles/eras/fanbases. ie: If hip-hop is on the outdoor, new wave is in a tent, and folk is on teh main stage. This year, it seemed that the idea was to try to break up the crowd as much as possible to accomodate larger numbers. Example : Blur/Grinderman Both are huge exclusives to Coachella, and both are likely to share a similar fanbase. It's been widely documented here, so I don't think I need to illustrate more examples.
    As a fan of all 4, the entire crowds from HTDA/SR/Blur/Grind could have all been a show at a single stage without any overcrowding.

Quote Originally Posted by crombrenner View Post
    Pros-
    Nick "motherfucking" Cave!! He owned Coachella this year, all four sets were rediculously good. Especially Stagger Lee. Brilliant move GV.
    Best acts I saw all weekend, why did they only get 45 minutes as a subheadliner? 2pm acts got the same set length. My Bloody Valentine got 75 minutes in 2009 in the same slot.

Compliments:
    great line up
    the general store in the VIP area
    love the art

Suggestions:
    More entrances for the VIP area, I was trying to leave on Saturday night and there way a mile long line to get in VIP. There should be at least two entrances into the VIP area. During the day, its fine but at night its a clusterfuck. There was one exit that had no one going out of it on that night. There were three exits and one entrance, it did not make sense.
    In addition, I think some overhead signage by the main stage, would help people know which is a GA beer garden and which is a VIP area. Lines for the VIP area, usually, get clusterfucked by people trying to get into the GA beer garden, not realizing that it is VIP entrance and that they can't get into there when the security guard turns them away. This happens a lot by the Rose Garden as well.
    The beer area by the Sahara needs to be rethinked, depending on the time of day, there was a long line just to get into that beer garden. It was hard to move past that area.
    Security were extremely dicks this year about water. I could buy my bottled water in the VIP area and bring it INTO the outdoor beer garden but was asked to either drink it or throw it out when leaving the beer garden.
    More shade and tables in the Outdoor beer garden, please. There was lots of room to put at least 5 more tents in that area.

and my dream request: move the Sahara, Yuma and Do Lab into one area. Move the Mojave over by the Rose Garden
    Quote Originally Posted by lolswaglol View Post
    I don't see people on the map. somebody please help. does this mean coachella is canceled?
    Quote Originally Posted by fear_the_tree View Post
    I'm fairly convinced you can take over the world with zip ties and duct tape.
    Coachella '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13 and 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by with_cheese View Post
    your problem was waiting in the sahara tent for yuma artists?
    No, dipshit. My problem was that the Yuma was not that great but had great artists. It didn't feel like Coachella in there. Also having to go early to skip lines was pretty stupid as well. The Sahara looks cool but has the shittiest acts. So what i'm saying is make it smaller like the mojave or gobi, don't go overboard with the lights and put Yuma style acts in there along with a couple of the sahara acts like C2C, Paul Kalkbrenner, Eric Prydz, even Dog Blood? Bassnectar maybe? I understand it helps sell the fest but is it really fucking necessary for Danny Avila to ever play at Coachella? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

This is a thread to list compliments and grievances...not a thread to express crap suggestions.

This is a thread to list compliments and grievances.. not a thread to talk about what should and should not be in the thread.

then we both can agree that this thread has no purpose for us now...fuck this thread

and a pre-emptive 'go fuck yourself'

I need a new catchphrase, the old one has become a cliché

This is a thread to list compliments and grievances.. not a thread to talk about what should and should not be in the thread.

haha. yea right. see above when i suggested something.

I need a new catchphrase, the old one has become a cliché
    "Tippecanoe and Tyler Too"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starraven View Post
    Can I be in a great mood because I don't have an upcoming jail date?

Too many bros? Primitive? "Our precious festival?"

You ppl always gotta ruin every damn thing with your primitive ignorance. Y'all can keep your precious festival. I was going to go because the vibe seems so friendly. But I'm not going to spend $1000 to endure that bullshit.

Carry on losers.

I guess you missed all the positive comments.

WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL OUR VIBE BRO
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

"It's inconceivable for me to enjoy myself at a festival with the knowledge that there is a forum and a particular thread wherein festival attendees list things they'd like to see improved upon in the future."

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.