Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: List your compliments and grievances here for them to fix (or not) for next year.

Default Re: List your compliments and grievances here for them to fix (or not) for next year.

It's not VIP? That's even worse. Then it's SUPER way too big.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Default Re: List your compliments and grievances here for them to fix (or not) for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    The guest-pass pit areas don't bother me. They aren't exactly in the most desirable locations to watch sets. They're completely offset from not just the center of the stage, but they don't really start until the side of the stage ends.
    That's not the point. It carves a lot of capacity space out for a few aholes that aren't really in there watching the band anyway. On the main, it's not a big deal. In the Mojave, it is.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Lot 4's thorns and the lack of showers in Lot 4. We definitely felt like we got a raw deal and the worst camping of the festival out that way. My awesome swiss army tent that I have used for years now has loads of tiny holes in it and my air mattress is also now useless. I took body wipes with me to substitute for showers so I was prepared for that much.

That special area for guests/friends or whatever in front of the main stage was also terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    The guest-pass pit areas don't bother me. They aren't exactly in the most desirable locations to watch sets. They're completely offset from not just the center of the stage, but they don't really start until the side of the stage ends.
    Didn't go to the main stage this year? The entire front left side is now completely unavailable to the common people and was definitely the most desirable location. Now getting up close is even harder and only possible from the right side, which is much more vulnerable to sound bleed.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Didn't go to the main stage this year? The entire front left side is now completely unavailable to the common people and was definitely the most desirable location. Now getting up close is even harder and only possible from the right side, which is much more vulnerable to sound bleed.
    The aisle to the sound board was further left than ever and the pit was on the left side of that!

I spent a lot of time on the front rail just to the right of the aisle to the soundboard and not a single instrument or performer were ever to my left (unless they walked over in front of the LED screen). The viewing angle from that guest pass pit was an extreme viewing angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Yeah, it ain't the greatest view. Once the sun goes down it tends to hit capacity to the point they stop letting people in until others leave. I like it, especially this year since it was easy to show up a minute or two before the start of a set and have a decent spot. I'm biased.

I watched all of nick cave on the rail behind the area. viewing angle is perfectly fine.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Didn't go to the main stage this year? The entire front left side is now completely unavailable to the common people
    That reminds me, I'm pretty sure that's where I was for Pulp.

Nothing about coachella bothers Wes at all ever. He has a perfect time every single time no matter what. Anyone who complains has something wrong with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Nothing about coachella bothers Wes at all ever. He has a perfect time every single time no matter what. Anyone who complains has something wrong with them.
    Seems like this is the case for a lot of boardies.

"No there was the time I complained about the toilet paper"
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Legitimate complaint.
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    That's not the point. It carves a lot of capacity space out for a few aholes that aren't really in there watching the band anyway. On the main, it's not a big deal. In the Mojave, it is.
    Agreed! At first I thought it was VIP and thought about getting VIP next year to use it. But I finally realized what it was when I noticed that those pits were almost empty for every set I saw. The people that were inside had flawless hair and makeup and took photos of eachother the whole time and generally, were not watching the bands. Felt like a poor use of space.
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

Quote Originally Posted by CaseSensitive View Post
    Felt like a poor use of space.
    Um, this is a bit unfair until you've seen the pictures. I bet they look fantastic in that space.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Um, this is a bit unfair until you've seen the pictures. I bet they look fantastic in that space.
    Haha, fair enough. I was mesmerized by all the flawless skin. How was it so even? Where did their pores go?
    He sold his soul for a shot at fame
    Catchphrase and wigs and the jokes are lame...

The only time I was near one of those pits was for Kurt Vile on the Outdoor Theatre. Aside from seeing stuporfly in there, the only notable person was Chloe Sevigny, who was wearing an ugly dress and stayed for exactly one song.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

I watched all of nick cave on the rail behind the area. viewing angle is perfectly fine.
    I agree. This is where I watched Nick Cave from as well. I figured I would go left so I could exit easier after his set. I'm not sure how the angle is poor for viewing. It's directly in front of the stage. I haven't been reading all the threads on this topic, ws it verified that this was a special viewing area for friends of Goldenvoice and not VIP?

What kind of fucking 'verification' do you want?

Jesus fucking christ did you even read the fucking thread?

INKED FROM PAUL T'S BLOODY HAND

Jesus fucking christ did you even read the fucking thread?
    Well Tom, in my post right up there I clearly stated I HAVEN'T BEEN READING ALL THE THREADS. God damn it! Last I heard people were debating whether it was VIP or some special access. By your tone I assume this has long been established. Please forgive me this tresspass against you my lord.

How many threads do you think there ARE on this topic, faxarino?

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    How many threads do you think there ARE on this topic, faxarino?
    I dunno, the discussion i'm talking about wasn't in this thread. I'm clearly part of the problem here though. I thought I read a good portion of this thread too. Damn me.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I agree. This is where I watched Nick Cave from as well. I figured I would go left so I could exit easier after his set. I'm not sure how the angle is poor for viewing. It's directly in front of the stage. I haven't been reading all the threads on this topic, ws it verified that this was a special viewing area for friends of Goldenvoice and not VIP?
    To say that anything to the left of the corral that leads to the soundboard is “Directly in front of stage” is ridiculous. The corral dead ends into the amps on the left side of the stage. Nothing on the left side of that corral is in front of the stage. And no act, instrument, or visual (except the large LCD screen or when a performer makes their way to the LCD screen) is in front of you if you are over there. And the closer you get to the front rail (like the special viewing area), the worse the angle is.

On that side, you'll get a better viewing angle in back of the special viewing area (like you had).

Case in point:
    Last edited by PlayaDelWes; 05-08-2013 at 10:00 AM.

Well Tom, in my post right up there I clearly stated I HAVEN'T BEEN READING ALL THE THREADS. God damn it! Last I heard people were debating whether it was VIP or some special access. By your tone I assume this has long been established. Please forgive me this tresspass against you my lord.
    You don't need to read ALL THE THREADS. You only need to read this one. You know. the one you're posting in.

I dunno, the discussion i'm talking about wasn't in this thread. I'm clearly part of the problem here though. I thought I read a good portion of this thread too. Damn me.
    it's not VIP. but it is too big, agreed.

Thank you Tom.

Wes, it's cute you brought exhibits and all but standing directly behind the barricade in which the speical folk filtered into the special viewing area the view was fine. Maybe moving 20 degrees to face the center of the stage made it difficult to see? I dunno. I had the same experience as Boourns.

Sure, maybe if you were pressed against the very front rail and to the furthest possible spot to the left of the stage it was hard but if you were in the middle or back of this large special section you most certainly had a better view of the stage than all the peole outside of the special area.

Using your exhibit, I was standing where the yellow dot is. Your argument is that the entire red box has a worse view. I disagree and i'll leave it at that. Most if not all had a better view.

main stage.jpg

Mark, I trust your yellow dot provided a great view. I've been there before. It's laughable though for you to call it "directly in front of the stage".

And yea, hereís another perspective I found (compliments of this awesome page) and Iíll have to say I didnít realize how far back the special viewing area goes. I like that itís shoved so far to the left, but yea, it should be about 1/3 that size.

This picture is much better. So the area in the red box is all special privilege area. The yellow dot is where I was for Nick Cave. I would rather be anywhere in the red especially all those nice central spots where it opens up wide on the bottom left.

As you can clearly see the GA viewing area is even more to the left than the special privilege viewing area.

main.jpg

This picture is much better. So the area in the red box is all special privilege area. The yellow dot is where I was for Nick Cave. I would rather be anywhere in the red especially all those nice central spots where it opens up wide on the bottom left.

As you can clearly see the GA viewing area is even more to the left than the special privilege viewing area.

main.jpg
    OK, now you are either trolling or you don't understand that the area you highlighted in red and is directly front / center stage is GA.

The special privileges area is the gated in area to the right of your yellow dot and above the red box you drew.

Incidentally, the red box you drew in the first picture was accurate.
    Last edited by PlayaDelWes; 05-08-2013 at 12:32 PM.