Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: List your compliments and grievances here for them to fix (or not) for next year.

Default Re: List your compliments and grievances here for them to fix (or not) for next year.

I had the most fun this year, but....

Yuma-you know its potential, now run with it.
    Beer Selection-give us something other than Heineken...for realz
    I forget who said it but shade by the outdoor would be nice.
    Search/entrance line on Friday-WTF
    Also, i know i checked out whenever I exited, and both on friday & saturday the system glitched, por que gv?

That's all for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Default Re: List your compliments and grievances here for them to fix (or not) for next year.

I used the Facebook check in stations twice all weekend, once for James Blake and once for The Faint. When I got around to checking my facebook page on Monday I saw that I had been checked in to Infected Mushroom both times. Embarrassing.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Stop adding on to the Sahara. It only attracts the worst sort of people to the rest of the festival. If you must keep adding on and making it look cool at least fill it with enough big name cheese dick djs that these assholes never leave the area. Also please lower capacity back down by 30k.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Stop adding on to the Sahara. It only attracts the worst sort of people to the rest of the festival. If you must keep adding on and making it look cool at least fill it with enough big name cheese dick djs that these assholes never leave the area. Also please lower capacity back down by 30k.
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

This was one of the best Coachellas for me.
    The line up was soooo good, loved the Yuma tent, security was super easy, the art was cool, and all the Coachella staple foods were there.

My gripes were with the long lines in the bathrooms at night. I had trouble with clusters of bitchy girls that felt entitled to cut the line because their friends were ahead. The lines for the Yuma got insane! I missed out on some great sets because of that, but I'm not sure how they can fix it. I agree that the sound bleed was bad. It really ruined some good moments.
    Lastly, the coffee they had in the venue was fucking terrible. Bring back Java Go-Go damn it!
    Oh look it stopped snowing...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Agreed. The Sahara tent is wayyyyyy too amazing for what's going on in there. Bassnectar? Hardwell? Bitch please. Beautiful surround sound speakers and ridiculous amounts of light and screens. If HTDA were playing on that stage, that would have blown peoples faces off through the back of their heads. and then attach their faces to the person standing behind them, thus switching everyones faces around. Like Face/Off. And Face/Off is really great.
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    Man I hear this one. I was moving into the tent right after 2 Chainz finished so I could see Bat For Lashes and it was like an impenetrable wall of bros. Eventually the fact that the music had stopped managed to travel through their primitive neural pathways and they cleared out but trying to fight my way through that sucked. The scheduling this year was really really odd in some places, I think drugs were involved in it's making. Possibly even ILLEGAL drugs!
    Really wish Coachella was 21+ like all the other big electronic events are now. I was up front in the center and maybe 2 of the shitheads actually left after 2 Chainz.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Of stuff that hasn't been mentioned (or at least I didn't notice) I would improve this:
    --Who thought it was a good idea to put the ADA stand at the Outdoor in a major thoroughfare? It caused a bottle neck, especially people moving to or from crowded sets between Outdoor and Main. Move it on the other side of the sound board.
    --How hard is it to add entrances to the beer gardens?
    --Better feel of what acts are popular so that bottlenecks don't occur. The Metric-OM&M-Passion Pitt-MM back to backs on Main and Outdoor created a shit show of crowdedness that put 2010 to shame. Here's a tip: If 16-22 year old girls like it, it's gonna be 10x more popular than anything else. Christ, I got the feeling that if there was a Led Zeppelin reunion on opposite Passion Pit or the Lumineers, there would've been me and about 12 other burned out stoners at the Zep show. So, figure out where the 16-22 year old girls and their poon-chasing bros are gonna be and space those acts out.
    --A little pre-festival watering of the grass near the two entrances and Zia would be welcome. That was one big allergen.
    --The Facebook kiosks blew chow. My mom thinks that all I saw was Infected Mushroom.
    --Not paying attention to a band's core sound when setting volume levels. Fellas, if a band like Diiv has a distortion-free, stringy sound, you might want to turn the lead guitar sound up to the exclusion of the bass and kick drum. If a band depends on nice harmonies, turn up the vocal mics. Bottom line is that kick drum and bass were usually too loud at most venues.

undermentioned things I liked:
    --Recorded music at the Main right before the act came on. It was a signal to get your ass over to the show.
    --The white house and the snail were very cool. Loved the added artwork.
    --Parking/Shuttles entry/exit were all very smooth.
    --The food appeared improved
    --My memories, even only a few days later. Still reliving that Grizzly Bear set.
    Last edited by grichsgang; 04-17-2013 at 08:36 PM.

-Bands on stages that make sense. That Major Lazer crowd was fucking ridiculous.
    -MORE BEER OPTIONS. I bought Newcastle several times over the weekend because I'm a hypocritical asshole, but there should definitely be more than that and Heineken available.
    -I had my tent stakes taken away by security upon having my car searched. They told me I had to buy the plastic ones onsite. Fuck that.
    -Do Lab sound bleed like everyone else is saying.

Sound of some shows was messed up , like couldn't hear the singer or instruments too well. Just because there are 2 weekends, weekend 1 should not be the testing ground for these mistakes, we don't pay $350+ to see bands that are getting screwed by the sound people. Chost B.C. should have been so much louder on the main stage, it was such a shame because they were doing an awesome job. The Faint was amazing, but could barely hear him singing for the first couple songs, etc. Also their image screen went out and showed an apple computer logo for a couple songs, not a big deal since we are there to hear them play live, but still, should not be the norm at such an expensive festival.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    this. not sure what happened to cause this, but it certainly wasn't from intense searches.
    [this was referring to the clusterf*ck getting in on Friday]

I got some pretty intense searches both Friday and Saturday, the most invasive I've experienced. One dude literally went through every pocket of my backpack three times, insistent I was sneaking in stuff, and found nothing. Our group had a ton of stuff confiscated - sealed food or water, 5 hour energies, the works. I've never experienced worse security checks than this year.

That said, this was my favorite fest experience in years at Coachella, so yay for that!

Things to fix

1) Get rid of the Do Lab. It's always been a nuisance to either the Outdoor Theater or the Gobi. Put it where the ferris wheel is. Put it in camping. Just get it out of the fields proper.

2) Scheduling. Conflicts happen. I've been going since 1999, and am used to it. However, this year it seemed they were intentional. In the past there at least seemed to be a diversity of styles/eras/fanbases. ie: If hip-hop is on the outdoor, new wave is in a tent, and folk is on teh main stage. This year, it seemed that the idea was to try to break up the crowd as much as possible to accomodate larger numbers. Example : Blur/Grinderman Both are huge exclusives to Coachella, and both are likely to share a similar fanbase. It's been widely documented here, so I don't think I need to illustrate more examples.

3) Crowds. This year seemed a lot more crowded than the past two years. Almost to a point of discomfort at times. Although it could be that the perception of this was also due to poor scheduling. If you put two bands that are going to appeal to the 40+ crowd on at the same time, obviously that's going to bottleneck the stages where the more current/popular acts are playing. Why have two overcrowded stages, and two empty stages? It doens't make sense. Also, having Gobi, Sahara, and Outdoor go dark all at the moment La Roux is starting is going to cause a crowd crush in the Mojave. Staggering the times could have avoided this.

The positives are too numerous to list here, but I think a lot could have been fixed by better programming on behalf of Goldenvoice.

This festival has always had Heinekin and as long as they continue to be the exclusive beer sponsor it's all they will have. Not sure why people continue to bitch about it when it hasn't changed in over a decade.

The Do Lab really needs to be handled. Make it a directional bag of shit noise that blasts out towards the Yuma instead of towards the second third of the main stage area.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

My only complaint is they need better rum. Anything other than that horrid coconut rum.

On a positive note: The VIP security were the most polite, respectful, and helpful team we have ever encountered at the festival. I'm not sure if it was making them wear those black suits (they had to be sweltering!) or their training in dealing with the public. They always had something nice to say everyday. Please bring them back next year!

Quote Originally Posted by n3glect View Post
    2) Scheduling. Conflicts happen. I've been going since 1999, and am used to it. However, this year it seemed they were intentional. In the past there at least seemed to be a diversity of styles/eras/fanbases. ie: If hip-hop is on the outdoor, new wave is in a tent, and folk is on teh main stage. This year, it seemed that the idea was to try to break up the crowd as much as possible to accomodate larger numbers. Example : Blur/Grinderman Both are huge exclusives to Coachella, and both are likely to share a similar fanbase. It's been widely documented here, so I don't think I need to illustrate more examples.

3) Crowds. This year seemed a lot more crowded than the past two years. Almost to a point of discomfort at times.
    These seem contradictory. I loved the scheduling because of the crowd split. Yes, crowds exist. There are 75,000 fucking people out there.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    This festival has always had Heinekin and as long as they continue to be the exclusive beer sponsor it's all they will have. Not sure why people continue to bitch about it when it hasn't changed in over a decade.
    I mean...because it's gross. Gross.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Not only is it gross but the one or two I had this time were flat. I went with the newcastle after that. It's hard to drink dark beer when it's hot, but it's impossible to drink flat heinekin.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Oh god, drinking Heinekin this weekend was impossible. I think I threw out at least 2 beers worth of 'em. I do not waste my beers. But that shit is puke worthy.

I need to relearn the booklets. I was in the Sahara thinking I was listening to 2 Bears and thinking how much of a disappointment they were and I realized later I was at Kill the Noise, because the Sahara has been the right column for years.

Probably not an issue for most, but that's my grievance.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

RIP.

Also, the $9 margaritas that used to be awesome are now just $9. Please return to the older recipe/margarita people/whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    I think you have your answer right there.

It's just easier to air my grievances.

- Move the fucking Do Lab

- Do something about the day parking lot. We're basically parking on sand. It was much much worse than previous years.

- Expand the Yuma tent to fit more people. I expect a capacity, but it was pretty small and packed full of people who had no clue who was playing.

- Too many acts getting 35-50 minutes sets. I know this has been standard for a while, but it is annoying nonetheless. Please book less acts and give longer set times. No one is going to be upset if GV doesn't book Biffy Clyro or Allen Stone in order to give Nick Cave or the Yeah Yeah Yeahs at least a full hour.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 04-18-2013 at 01:36 PM.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    It's just easier to air my grievances.

- Too many acts getting 35-50 minutes sets. I know this has been standard for a while, but it is annoying nonetheless. Please book less acts and give longer set times. No one is going to be upset if GV doesn't book Biffy Clyro or Allen Stone in order to give Nick Cave or the Yeah Yeah Yeahs at least a full hour.
    This.

So, I'm getting mixed messages: how do people feel about the Do Lab?

Fuck 'em. Put it in the campgrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    - Expand the Yuma tent to fit more people. I expect a capacity, but it was pretty small and packed full of people who had no clue who was playing.
    Maybe a quiz before entering? If you can't answer a couple questions about who's playing inside, you're not allowed in. Also, do this for the stages.
    Coachellabound 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 Fuck I'm Old Now.

I think a Yuma entry quiz is a great idea.
    Oh look it stopped snowing...