Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2014

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Default Re: Nine Inch Nails 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    We really could use a proper 2014 thread.
    you've seen what happens when the rumors/confirmations thread appears.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

Oh yeah.

Peanut butter crew, then?
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Dude, aren't you at the fest right now? Go see Blur.
    No I just went Saturday again (4/20). I did watch Blur W1, entire set. Only full headliner of the weekend for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Yeah, they're touring these parts in 2014.

So the question is, if The Knife plays during a headliner, which should it be? If the headliners are really NIN/Depeche Mode/Daft Punk, then hopefully Depeche Mode since their 2006 set was one of the most crushing live disappointments I've ever experienced. I no longer have faith in Daft Punk actually playing next year, though, so perhaps during a derp-friendly, why-are-they-headlining headliner or post-headliner main stage EDM act?

Considering how they thoroughly toured the US last fall and this spring/summer/fall, I think we have been spared a return of Mumford & Sons.

Well i wouldn't rule out mumford based on extensive touring, just look at RHCP.

http://www.nme.com/news/justin-timberlake/69369

I'm really curious to see Timberlakes solo fall tour dates come out. I feel like he's one of the few pop stars that'd work well for Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I also heard another rumor/implied confirmation that everyone will freak out about, although it shouldn't be a surprise (I've heard zero about daft, btw).
    Well let's hope The Evens and Deathfix had good crowds these past few weekends then.

I agree with Boourns. I no longer have faith that Daft Punk will play next year.

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

I can understand not having faith in Daft Punk playing, but "no longer"? Why would you ever have faith to begin with, and what would change your mind the past couple of weekends? If anything the fact that they worked with Coachella to broadcast that commercial indicates there's an existing relationship there.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Not to start a Bjork argument all over again, but can NIN really headline in 2014?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

I mean, they're headlining OSL, Lolla, Voodoo, and most likely ACL. They'd definitely headline at Coachella. I think this year proved that. NIN are bigger than Blur, The Stone Roses, and Phoenix.
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

They have headlined in the past, why would they come back and play anything less then headlining? At the very minimum hey would co headline but if it's the first show with a new album out them probably not going to happen. Does anyone else think it will be the first show with new material? I only guess that because if it is true that worked something out when they booked HTDA then why not also book the first reunion show? At the very least in the USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    They have headlined in the past, why would they come back and play anything less then headlining? At the very minimum hey would co headline but if it's the first show with a new album out them probably not going to happen. Does anyone else think it will be the first show with new material? I only guess that because if it is true that worked something out when they booked HTDA then why not also book the first reunion show? At the very least in the USA.
    ??? You makey no sense. They are reuniting at lola this year so thats the first reunion show. Yeah coachella may of booked them first but thats a year out...

because Trent wanted the focus to be on HTDA. and it's not like a band can just get together in a couple weeks and be ready for a couple headline sets.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    ??? You makey no sense. They are reuniting at lola this year so thats the first reunion show. Yeah coachella may of booked them first but thats a year out...
    I understand it's a year out but it's not like Trent doesn't have a lot of other stuff going on where he couldn't wait a year. Assuming if Coachella did book them when hey signed HTDA then I would be pissed because it takes away the appeal of the Coachella show. For all we know though it might have never even come up with the HTDA booking.

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    because Trent wanted the focus to be on HTDA. and it's not like a band can just get together in a couple weeks and be ready for a couple headline sets.
    I actually disagree, they might not have a production ready but not reason why they couldn't preform, but either way I was referring to 2014 considering it's a 2014 NIN thread.

Should be happy you got the first HTDA festival show. It's absurd to think that GV has the negotiating power or the money to contract a headliner from performing for one year.

I agree, which is why I suggested the first show supporting a new album/material instead of just the same show from 4 years ago.

HTDA was amazing. I hope the fact that NIN is about to return doesn't mean there won't be any more HTDA touring besides Voodoo. Definitely want to see that again, but while tripping.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

I actually disagree, they might not have a production ready but not reason why they couldn't preform, but either way I was referring to 2014 considering it's a 2014 NIN thread.
    that's part of what I mean. with the work Trent & co. put into the HTDA setup, there's a slim chance he'd take a headline spot without being able to put 110% and some time into a new stage setup

Yeah, they're touring these parts in 2014.

So the question is, if The Knife plays during a headliner, which should it be? If the headliners are really NIN/Depeche Mode/Daft Punk, then hopefully Depeche Mode since their 2006 set was one of the most crushing live disappointments I've ever experienced. I no longer have faith in Daft Punk actually playing next year, though, so perhaps during a derp-friendly, why-are-they-headlining headliner or post-headliner main stage EDM act?

Considering how they thoroughly toured the US last fall and this spring/summer/fall, I think we have been spared a return of Mumford & Sons.

If it is NIN, DM and DP I would hope that there was an EDM closer after either NIN or DM and they would play opposite The Knife. If The Knife had to be against one of those headliners though I think NIN would make the most sense.

Maybe they'll start the festival Thursday afternoon and have a small Thursday night lineup.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Is this the "rumor/implied confirmation that everyone will freak out about"???

Quote Originally Posted by JMANLBC View Post
    Is this the "rumor/implied confirmation that everyone will freak out about"???
    not a headliner. Boards of Canada

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    NIN/Depeche Mode/Daft Punk

doesnt sound too shabby. Coupled with The Knife, My Bloody Valentine, Portishead, when do I buy my tickets?
    yeah, me wanty.

I saw Nine Inch Nails last Sunday here in Korea.
    Massive production with great sound!

Here's a link of the audio for you to download: http://www.reflectinginthechrome.com.../20130728.html
    Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Daft Punk won't show up at Coachella before they've announced a world tour. So stop your pining, it's not happening.
    With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams; it is still a beautiful world.
    Coachella: 08, 09, 10, 11, 12w1, 12w2, 13w1, 14w2
    Lollapalooza: 08,10,11,12
    Burning Man: 08,10

Love. HTDA last year, NIN this. Would be perfect! I wonder if Trent would bring both bands.

So what went wrong with NIN?
    Anybody find it odd that when they first announced the lineup on fb they had an @nineinchnails in there and its since been removed?

huh?
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by emoboiler View Post
    So what went wrong with NIN?
    Anybody find it odd that when they first announced the lineup on fb they had an @nineinchnails in there and its since been removed?
    Did you consume iowaska?
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

he's talking about this:

others in the reddit thread say they saw it, but I didn't.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •

and obviously, it's fake because that post said it was up there for an hour...
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011
    • 2012 • 2013 • 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) • 10/3-5 Austin City Limits •