Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will be joining Brandon and Andrew for massive singalongs during Crowded House?

Default Re: Who will be joining Brandon and Andrew for massive singalongs during Crowded Hous

There is a falsetto utilized on the "dreaaaaaaaam" portion of "Don't dreaaaaaaam its oveeeeerrrrrrr". And I really like Crowded House. So don't step Yablo.

And complete silence? This is going to be a festival anthem. This is why we go to these things.

Default Re: Who will be joining Brandon and Andrew for massive singalongs during Crowded Hous

Quote Originally Posted by ragingdave View Post
    Would Neil break out some Split Enz songs?
    Regardless, I'll be singing the following:

"I don't know why sometimes I get frightened.
    You can see my eyes and tell that I'm not lyyyy-in'."

Seriously, please break out "I Got You", Mr Finn ("and throw in "History Never Repeats")--only 2 Split Enz requests (and "poor Boy" if you get the chance)... Jesus, I'd almost rather have an entire Split Enz set than an entire Crowded House set.

Oh well, "World Where We Live" would be the shitty and a great singalong.
    -----------------------

I've got a promo Crowded House CD that has all their hits and some live shizz on it. I'm gonna beg my husband to help me put it up here if anyone wants it.
    Whaddaya think? Or if that's not PC enough, I could just put up the live part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Do it.

Definitely, Amy!

DO IT
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Ok, I'm at work now. I will check on this TONIGHT.

Wooo Id totally be in on this except I've never heard any Crowded House beyond their debut album, but it stands as one of my favorite albums of all time.

Crowded House Sampler

1. Sister Madly (Temple of Low Men)
    2. World Where You Live (s/t)
    3. Kare Kare (Together Alone)
    4. Weather With You (Woodface)
    5. Don't Dream It's Over (s/t)
    6. Black and White Boy (Together Alone)
    7. There Goes God (Woodface)
    8. Into Temptation (Temple of Low Men)
    9. Locked Out (Together Alone)
    10. Mean to Me (s/t)
    11. Catherine Wheel (Together Alone)
    12. I Feel Possessed (Temple of Low Men)
    13. Italian Plastic (Woodface)
    14. Now We're Getting Somewhere (s/t)
    15. Nails in My Feet (Together Alone)
    16. Better Be Home Soon (Temple of Low Men)
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

you're singing "hey now, hey noooooooooooow don't dreeeeeeam it's oveeeeer"
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Here's the Crowded House link:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/13325292...-_Mix.zip.html

Live at the Town and Country Club in London Nov 9th 1991
    1. World Where You Live
    2. Mean to Me
    3. Sister Madly
    4. Better Be Home Soon
    5. It's Only Natural
    6. Weather With You

When I found my CD, my heart caught in my throat when I saw "Paul" scrawled on the front. I had forgotten that I got Paul's and Neil's autographs on this when I saw Crowded House at Hayden Square (Tempe, AZ) back in the 90's.

Psst, Amy... I'll, uh, buy that thing for $10 and take it off your hands (then I'll forge Craig's auto on there as well. Get back to me,,,
    -----------------------

BRANDON - I have been looking for a picture of Stiller's DO IT character for months - and could never find one. I every time I type DO IT, I look for a picture and never find it. Thank god you're back.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Glad to help, sir.

Johnny Red Neat- Do It... Do it...
    -----------------------

Thanks, Amy! I remember that show! I couldn't go cause I was working, but my friends did, and they said it was amazing. I was pissed off for weeks after...
    I miss the old Hayden Square shows. Downtown Tempe sucks balls now.

Finkle wants some dinkle. Do it.

I'm there!! Are you guys on Myspace? Hit me up if you are!

I never knew that this song had a Crowded House connection. I, like Nothingman, hope to hear this one. Also, thank god for 80s music videos. Holy fuck.

Crowded House rules. Thanks for that CD Amy.

That video probably blew so many minds upon its release.

This was one of the only good videos on MTV when they were first on.Me and my other 16 year old friends would sit through the Billy Squier,J Geils,Toni Basil,and Night Ranger just to watch this or "Pretty In Pink"(BEFORE the movie,it was an awesome video) or "New Years Day" or "Clubland" or (I hate to admit) "I Want Candy"(the girl was sexy)

I never knew that this song had a Crowded House connection
    whoah, neither did I! This is really trippy. I know all these songs but I never knew who did them.

Quote Originally Posted by breakjaw View Post
    This was one of the only good videos on MTV when they were first on.Me and my other 16 year old friends would sit through the Billy Squier,J Geils,Toni Basil,and Night Ranger just to watch this or "Pretty In Pink"(BEFORE the movie,it was an awesome video) or "New Years Day" or "Clubland" or (I hate to admit) "I Want Candy"(the girl was sexy)
    Breakjaw - that pretty much described my life as a kid.

And, y'all noticed that I put a mix up there, too, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Yes, "I Got You" dominates. I had never seen that video, though. Nuttiness. For those unfamiliar with a song called "History Never Repeats"--also by Split Enz, I suggest checking it out. Great stuff.
    -----------------------

And, y'all noticed that I put a mix up there, too, right?
    That mix will be downloaded and on a CD here by the time the sun comes up tomorrow.

And I liked the "I Want Candy" video also. (and this probably belongs in the confessions thread, but, since Breakjaw name-dropped, I also liked the "When You Close Your Eyes" video by Night Ranger...)

"Do you climb into spaa-aa-aace?
    To the world where you li-ive?
    To the world where you live, oh oh?
    To the world where you live, yeah yeah?"
    And on and on...
    Good god, I'm getting more and more pumped to see Crowded House. Completely caught me off guard. More than any other act this year, that was the biggest, "Wait a second, did I just see that right?" act of the year. So, so sweet.
    -----------------------

Yes, Greg, your upload owns.