Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Perfomance?

Default Re: Worst Perfomance?

Quote Originally Posted by loubque View Post
    I think this was easy to see coming. All hype for the hipsters and the hipsters really dont like.

Nice to see them actually able to admit it for once though.
    the problem wasn't rodriguez, it was a problem with the sound techs. Once he told his band to stop playing he sounded great.
    09-10-11-12-13-14

Quote Originally Posted by Blaker View Post
    ...you will usually hear House music at a HOUSE (thus the name), Drum and Bass can be played anywhere and requires both a DRUM and a BASS in the song to be apart of the DnB genre, where EDM music stands for European Digital Music and really doesn't need an explanation because everyone knows what that sounds like.
    "No, No, you're not thinking - You're just being Logical" - Neils Bohr

Baauer was disappointing. He should have really built up the harlem shake and made everyone do it the right way. Instead everyone danced exactly the same the whole way through. Also since I wasn't familiar with his other stuff I was disappointed that almost all his original stuff also had the same sound.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    For me, the worst has to go to C2C. I was unfortunate enough to be in the Sahara beer garden during that set. Good god, that was terrible.
    Um, what? Their set was a blast
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    New order and Rodriguez were underwhelming. Stars was just distractingly mediocre
    Where did you see New Order that they weren't any good? You're sure as hell not talking about their Coachella set.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Watching the stream I was embarrassed for the Stone Roses. Love those guys but Ian couldn't find key. I passed through Tegan & Sara on the feed as well and they were terribly out of key as well. Blur I love too but I wasn't feeling their set at all. New Order was holding it down, seen them before, and I was surprised how good O.M.D.'s set was! I am an 80s kid but never saw them live. I will be checking them out week 2 when I'm there. I use week 1 as a way to see what I want to go to week 2.

Agree re sound/technical problems. JEFF the Brotherhood, Japandroids, Rodriguez, Shouting Matches. Rodriguez's sound was the worst I've ever heard any artist ever at Coachella or any other festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

new order weren't in top form, i'm sure being there was much better though than watching the webcast.
    the stone roses were painful.
    i wasn't impressed with the yeah yeah yeahs set.
    it's not the band i hate, it's their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    Um, what? Their set was a blast
    Completely agree. Intergalactic was a nice surprise, too.

Most disappointing for me was Modest Mouse. Too much banter going on. Hakuna Matata, really?
    Arctic Monkeys - 10.25.14 - Comerica Theater
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    ...I couldn't get a decent spot in the tent...
    ...a great set for the people who could hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by far gone and out View Post
    i'm sure being there was much better though than watching the webcast.
    THIS.

If you weren't actually inside a tent or at the festival in person, how the fuck are you qualified to give others advice about the sound quality of a set?

yaaa i have a feeling that the wind was a factor for some of the sound problems. TNGHT was a let down becuz it wasnt loud enough..FOr the life of me i coult not figure out why Purity Ring had heavier bass than TNGHT it makes no sense. Aesop was also lame. Oakenfold is shit now he doesnt even bother blending his tracks together.

Paul is dead

Quote Originally Posted by bucketofpower View Post
    Completely agree. Intergalactic was a nice surprise, too.

Most disappointing for me was Modest Mouse. Too much banter going on. Hakuna Matata, really?
    Between the moving around, the pseudo battle and then intergalactic def a party set to start the weekend off
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Divine Fits was very underwhelming for me. Sound levels for the instruments were way off and I was right in front of the sound booth. Britt seemed to be having issues as well. He spent most of his set trying to tune his guitar and adjusting his pedals.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanmetal View Post
    Watching the stream I was embarrassed for the Stone Roses. Love those guys but Ian couldn't find key. I passed through Tegan & Sara on the feed as well and they were terribly out of key as well. Blur I love too but I wasn't feeling their set at all. New Order was holding it down, seen them before, and I was surprised how good O.M.D.'s set was! I am an 80s kid but never saw them live. I will be checking them out week 2 when I'm there. I use week 1 as a way to see what I want to go to week 2.
    Blur was insanely good in person.

My personal disappointment were the YYYs, but Rodriguez is the only appropriate answer for this question.

Quote Originally Posted by fredbull View Post
    the problem wasn't rodriguez, it was a problem with the sound techs. Once he told his band to stop playing he sounded great.

I agree with this, sound got a bit better at the end. I reallly liked his set in spite of the technical issues.

There were several sets we had to leave from where the volume was WAY TOO loud. I know I'm old, but still -
    Palma Violets - turn it fucking down - Jesus Christ !!!!

I don't know what everyone expected from Rodriguez. He's 70, can barely walk, and has a less than professional band with half-ass equipment. Without the back-story, he'd be nowhere near a festival. I donít think any of us were there because of his guitar or vocal talents. Aslo, after the first 10 minutes, the sound adjustments helped a lot.

There are far more talented musicians who underperformed or failed miserably this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

earl sweatshirt.- i felt he got screwed on his sound, either that or grinderman really fucked my hearing up. still no good
    new order-
    tegan and sara- my wife wanted to catch these girls, they sounded horrible they cant sing!

I feel like nearly everything I saw was aces, so I guess I made some good decisions. I think the Gobi was just too quiet in general - TNGHT would have been fantastic if they just blew out the sound, and I can't tell whether Rodriguez was good or not because during the brief window of time when I attempted to watch him, all I could hear was the fucking Do Lab. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs didn't blow me away, but to be fair I was only half-heartedly watching their show.

I didn't see any really bad performances.

The only set that was disappointing was the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I guess I really didn't expect as much energy from Karen O during a festival set as from a regular show, but it was sad that they only played 2 (I think?) songs from the older albums. Having seen them opening for the White Stripes and also at the Fonda, there was a big difference in the energy level. Not a bad performance, but not as good as it could have been.

Sound problems: Went to see Dropkick Murphys, but the sound behind the main fenced off area/sound boards was really bad so I left to go see do something else. It was much too loud, and harsh sounding. I don't know why, but the sound at the Main stage was great if you were up close, but really bad further back. This was not the case in past years. The Faint sounded great, but the vocals got cut off a few times at the beginning of the set.

Quote Originally Posted by streamline View Post
    yep sound was shit. i liked the tracks they chose, but i couldn't enjoy myself cause it wasn't loud enough. it was one of my most anticipated sets of the weekend too
    Came here to say the same thing. Had to leave because it wasn't audible and there was zero low end, which defeats the point of an act like TNGHT. Same deal for Earl in the Gobi.

Parov Stelar was the biggest disappointment.. because they didn't show up.
    The Faint had major sound problems, the vocals sounded terrible and kept cutting in and out. Had to leave after a couple songs it was so bad.
    If you wanna see Purity Ring you'll need to get there early so you can get close, we were pretty far back for the first part of their set and the sound bleed from the Do Lab was overwhelming.. by the end of their set we'd wormed our way closer to the front and it sounded fantastic.

Other than that everything I saw sounded great.
    Last edited by Edmontonian; 04-16-2013 at 09:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    it's like, at coachella, we can be a whole group of friends. a whole group of frogs jumping into the streets, jumping into the planet, climbing up the buildings, swimming in the lakes and in the bathtubs. we would be hundreds, thousands, millions. the biggest group of friends the world has ever seen, jumping and laughing forever. it would be great, right?
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012x2

The Faint fixed their sound after about 3-4 songs and sounded great for the rest of their set.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

as much as it pains me to say, The Stone Roses.
    It wasn't bad per se but disappointing and underwhelming. I Want To Be Adored sounded great (though I swear it sounded like Ian's vocals were being overdubbed or something), then his voice got worse and by the 4th song it became too distracting and I moved on to How To Destroy Angels which ended up being the right choice.

The rest of the band sounded great however.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

That kind of thing can make all the difference. At a place like Coachella, time is of the essence. Those late sets and sound issues are reason enough to move on.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

the timing ended up being perfect because I got to the Mojave right as HTDA started and boy it was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs were the only set of the weekend that was a huge let down for me. I can't really think of a single redeeming quality about the set and it was actually the only show of the weekend that I left early from too.

Some advice - if you think the sound is bad, try moving to a new spot before you leave. Especially on windy days and especially at Outdoor and Gobi. Many problems are solved by moving closer and/or to the right (i.e. downwind and away from Main Stage/Do Lab). If it still sucks, congrats you've just realized you have shitty taste in music.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

I didn't see anything that I thought was bad. I guess I got lucky in that respect. I was debating going to sparks instead of Jello but it looks like I made the right decision.
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    as much as it pains me to say, The Stone Roses.
    It wasn't bad per se but disappointing and underwhelming. I Want To Be Adored sounded great (though I swear it sounded like Ian's vocals were being overdubbed or something), then his voice got worse and by the 4th song it became too distracting and I moved on to How To Destroy Angels which ended up being the right choice.

The rest of the band sounded great however.
    The singing was terribly off-key but the music was so great that I stuck around for most of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

The Shouting Matches. Really not even a question for me. This was the worst set I've ever seen at Coachella.

20+ minutes late...but they were onstage the whole fucking time! They sound checked for over 20 minutes. They did not give a fuck, not once did they apologize or explain what was going on to the audience, they acted like they were above performing and giving a shit (maybe because nobody showed up for them?), when they did start they acted like the crowd were the ones in the wrong (you could practically hear the eye rolling in their music), and gave one of the most boring and uninspired performances. We left after 3 songs because we were so mad.

At least 2 Chainz apologized for being late. That was another contender for worst performance in the sense that he was late and it was a sloppy rap performance, and probably the worst crowd I've ever seen at Coachella, but I'll give it to him in that he whipped the crowd into a frenzy and it was some of the craziest crowd energy I've seen inside the Mojave. And at the end of the day, he did apologize and admitted that being late was all his fault.

I actually really loved the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and thought Divine Fits sounded great (but DF for me was one of those chill on the grass with your friends type of performances).