Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Worst Perfomance?

Default Re: Worst Perfomance?

At first, I was going to tell you how awful of a human being you were for this:

Quote Originally Posted by chunk View Post
    Cloud Nothings are the worst band on the planet now. It has nothing to do with not yet being able to replicate the sound from the records live. Its the material that's the problem. Attack on Memory was the worst album of 2012. Delightfully catchy indie pop songs from the other albums got replaced with mindless rah rah rock. Its for people who spell rock rawk. They should have named the album Bad Career Move. Fortunately word is the new one this year will be less shitty.
    ...but then I saw this:

Quote Originally Posted by chunk View Post
    I don't understand all the hate for Passion Pit. Ive only seen them twice (OSL 12/coachella13) and they've been hugely entertaining both times. It was practically impossible to see them at OSL. There was not nearly enough room in that part of the forest for them. I harldy know anything about them but it seems they always have a high energy show that sounds great and gets the crowd going.
    ...and it all makes sense. I know this gets thrown around a lot around here, but your opinion is pure shit and you should be made to feel bad for having it. In conclusion, go fuck yourself.

Fucking hell you all have terrible taste in music. At least one asshole had something disparaging (and incorrect) to say about all of my favorite sets. And for future reference, if any of you idiots feel the need to qualify your comments by adding something like "they sounded like shit, at least on the webcast. Maybe it was better in person," try reading your post aloud before clicking reply.

i have to say that passion pit was not as bad live as everyone said they are.

I caught the tail end of Passion Pit and they sounded just fine, relax.

Yeah, I was there for the last half of Passion Pit as well. Got food at the food court and then sat near that back and watched/listened. It was enjoyable, they have some catchy songs that were fun to see live.

I only got to see Cloud Nothings from the webcast as well. The singers voice sounded very hoarse. Relistening to the CD, it does have that same texture to it on the recording just less pronounced. I enjoyed the webcast performance and wish that I had been there live. For those that have seen them live multiple times, does his voice always sound hoarse? Or too many recent performances?

Yeah Passion Pit was surprisingly not bad...
    anything could happen

i can't remember a bad act, i highly liked everything i saw/heard

...But yeah the only thing was of course the not-even-informing-us-that-PAROV-STELAR-was-not-performing

Tame Impala was very good, but not GREAT (As many of us expected) and this was because they showed up late on stage (almost 20mins), as a consequence they just played about 4 or 5 songs, good ones but not all that we deserved.
    Coachella: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012wknd1, 2012wknd2, 2013wknd1

Its the mindless dogpilery thats frustrating. I was expecting to hate Passion Pit with all the negative press they have gotten in here all these years. Im guessing most of the people in here are like Mr. Farnsworth above and piggyback on whatever happens to be the prevailing opinion of the day.

I find Cloud Nothings boring now. Im not trying to offend anybody with this opinion. Im just sad at the direction they took last year after what seemed to be such a promising start prior to that. I know I am in the minority here.

Passion Pit were one of the best sounding bands all weekend. Incredibly tight and he nailed the high notes. I expected them to be awful too. I went W2 if that makes a difference.
    twitter: @mrjonathanboyle

instagram: jnthnbyl

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Bater View Post
    I only got to see Cloud Nothings from the webcast as well. The singers voice sounded very hoarse. Relistening to the CD, it does have that same texture to it on the recording just less pronounced. I enjoyed the webcast performance and wish that I had been there live. For those that have seen them live multiple times, does his voice always sound hoarse? Or too many recent performances?
    I've seen them 5 times and his voice varies. I thought he was a little more screamy than usual for their weekend 1 performance. My problem with the Cloud Nothings set was that they were missing a guitarist, I think this hurt their sound. I still thought they were pretty good though.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

The only bad shows I saw were due to sound issues. Namely Japandroids and the beginning of Aesop Rock's set.
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

I looked up everyone on the line up, so I never winged anything (unless I had a huge time gap)....
    My only disappointment was the Shouting Matches.
    I loved what I heard online, but something was off, live.

Absolutely LOVED everyone else I saw. PERFECT first Coachella